Jump to content
Christmas Tree

Europe --- In or Out

Europe?  

81 members have voted

  1. 1. Europe?

    • In
      47
    • Out
      20
    • Undecided
      4


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'll ask it again. What have Labour done to frustrate the leaving of the EU?

 

Voted against every bit of Brexit legislation, come up with their own vague impossible shifting position and concentrated on trying to obstruct the whole process. 

 

This issue is is bigger than party politics, particularly given main votes and manifestos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

The conservatives are in government, not Labour. May never offered a cross-party consensus to Brexit, did they? And in fact, Labour have been completely useless in opposing any of the government's Brexit approach, haven't they? And additionally, it is actually the ERG that have succeeded in implementing their wrecking ball amendment which now doom us to no deal, isn't it?

 

Now fuck off with the wummery you thick lard arsed turbocunt.

 

:lol: return of the screaming fanny. Go and have a lye down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

Voted against every bit of Brexit legislation, come up with their own vague impossible shifting position and concentrated on trying to obstruct the whole process. 

 

This issue is is bigger than party politics, particularly given main votes and manifestos.

 

They haven't had any impact on Brexit at all. The issue is above party politics you say? I fully agree. 8n which case, why hasn't May facilitated cross party consensus? And much more to the point, why is the conservative party ripping itself apart internally?

 

Labour are an irrelevance and I despise Corbyn as much as May. Your whataboutery is not a defence of the conservatives however. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

Voted against every bit of Brexit legislation, come up with their own vague impossible shifting position and concentrated on trying to obstruct the whole process. 

 

This issue is is bigger than party politics, particularly given main votes and manifestos.

And which pieces of Brexit legislation have Labour voted down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

:lol: return of the screaming fanny. Go and have a lye down.

 

What do you disagree with? Are you telling me the ERG did not introduce a wrecking ball last night? This isn't mine but perhaps it will help you understand what has happened.

 

Quote

The CU amendment failing does not mean much in itself. However...

A backstop to safeguard the GFA and no hard border between NI and RoI is a requirement for an agreed orderly withdrawal. The withdrawal agreement is a requirement for a transition period. The transition period is a requirement for avoiding an immediate economic calamity in the UK.

The earlier ERG amendment on NI rules out the possibility of NI remaining in alignment with the RoI, if the rest of the UK diverges. Thus it will be possible to honour the GFA and avoid a hard Irish border only if the entire UK stays aligned with the EU, as in staying in the EEA and a CU, and the failed amendment would have imposed this on the government as the last backstop, if all else fails.

Taking the failed amendment as a test vote demonstrates, that Parliament would not go for the fully aligned Norway option. And the ERG NI-amendment already rules out the diverging but NI-backstopped Canada/CETA option. There no longer seems to be any other option available, but a hard Brexit effective immediately come end of next March, with a hard Irish border, and with no mutually agreed aspiration for a trade deal.

In short, the UK has firmly pointed a gun to its head, made sure it is loaded, removed the safety, and is threatening to blow its brains out after having popped some steroids. Just like your everyday casino economy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

:lol: return of the screaming fanny. Go and have a lye down.

yeah - lye down renton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Renton said:

 

What do you disagree with? Are you telling me the ERG did not introduce a wrecking ball last night? This isn't mine but perhaps it will help you understand what has happened.

 

 

 

Im referring to your little tirade at the end. Usually follows a bottle of red but surely not at this time of the day. :lol:

 

Its one thing from the ever aggressive Alex whose life would be empty on here without someone to be sharpen his nails on, but I expect better from you, even given your Brexit sneering position of thickos and Gammons :lol:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So they haven't actually done any damage to the Brexit process?

Isn't this just numbers? 

 

Four or five rebels aside, if they can't beat the number of tory MPs with all their MPs voting- especially when their so called rebels don't actually rebel - what can they actually do? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

So they haven't actually done any damage to the Brexit process?

 

:lol:

 

Yes, they could have voted in the commons as per their stated Brexit position and avoided a weak government having to give in to amendments from hard brexiteers or ultra remainers.

 

Neither party wants to remain so a sensible path should have been followed by both leading to a better Brexit and a stronger hand in negotiations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

:lol:

 

Yes, they could have voted in the commons as per their stated Brexit position and avoided a weak government having to give in to amendments from hard brexiteers or ultra remainers.

 

Neither party wants to remain so a sensible path should have been followed by both leading to a better Brexit and a stronger hand in negotiations.

At what point did Labour whip their MPs to oppose leaving the SM or the CU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NJS said:

Isn't this just numbers? 

 

Four or five rebels aside, if they can't beat the number of tory MPs with all their MPs voting- especially when their so called rebels don't actually rebel - what can they actually do? 

 

 

They can't do much without a significant Tory rebellion. My points are to CT who reckons that Labour have gone back on their promises on Brexit, which of course they haven't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ewerk said:

They can't do much without a significant Tory rebellion. My points are to CT who reckons that Labour have gone back on their promises on Brexit, which of course they haven't.

 

I’m simply saying they could have worked with the government to get Brexit legislation through, rather than opposing everything and making the government vulnerable to the wings. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

Im referring to your little tirade at the end. Usually follows a bottle of red but surely not at this time of the day. :lol:

 

Its one thing from the ever aggressive Alex whose life would be empty on here without someone to be sharpen his nails on, but I expect better from you, even given your Brexit sneering position of thickos and Gammons :lol:

 

 

 

 

The difference between you and I is that I would have absolutely no qualms about repeating anything on here to your face. And you know it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

I’m simply saying they could have worked with the government to get Brexit legislation through, rather than opposing everything and making the government vulnerable to the wings. 

 

 

As I pointed out, they haven't opposed everything. It's something they've been criticised for on his board since the vote. The role of the opposition is to question the government and to hold them to account, not to nod through every policy they come up with. This is really basic stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

Im referring to your little tirade at the end. Usually follows a bottle of red but surely not at this time of the day. :lol:

 

Its one thing from the ever aggressive Alex whose life would be empty on here without someone to be sharpen his nails on, but I expect better from you, even given your Brexit sneering position of thickos and Gammons :lol:

 

 

 

 

 

Not sure why like, I'm always calling you out as a cunt when you act like one. Blaming this fiasco on Labour is as good an example of your wummery as you can get. It's ludicrous and you know it.

 

I also love how brexiters get so, oh Fuck it, let's say snowflakish, when they're called thick. A lot claim their being patronised is the reason they voted leave in the first place. Well, you can't get much more thick than that. I love the gammon description, it's perfect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex said:

The difference between you and I is that I would have absolutely no qualms about repeating anything on here to your face. And you know it

 

No, the difference between you and I is class. You have none. Can I suggest you reach for the ignore feature.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There it is folks, I think we can all agree that this thread has stepped it up to a new level and that it deserves a place in the gold section :lol: 

 

Class...class, what is it about that word that is jogging my memory...classy, classier!

Thats it classier, I'm sure I've heard some group or other refer to themselves as such when compared to Newcastle fans.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

No, the difference between you and I is class. You have none. Can I suggest you reach for the ignore feature.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Andrew said:

There it is folks, I think we can all agree that this thread has stepped it up to a new level and that it deserves a place in the gold section :lol: 

 

Class...class, what is it about that word that is jogging my memory...classy, classier!

Thats it classier, I'm sure I've heard some group or other refer to themselves as such when compared to Newcastle fans.

 

Silly Mackem gives game away he's a Mackem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

 

No, the difference between you and I is class. You have none. Can I suggest you reach for the ignore feature.

 

"Class"

 

From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things they're passionate about. When it was football, you could pass it off as you being a typical armchair gobshite but when it's politics or Brexit, and you're wilfully pushing people's anxieties over wages, healthcare and their children's futures, it crosses the line from harmless contrariness to you just being a grossly unlikable character. And then you come on with your photos of hot tubs or whatever that big paddling pool was and it becomes apparent that your whole out-facing personality is based directly on the most contemptible Tories imaginable. Hoping that a veneer of wacky purchases and Dear Diary bullshit ramblings help cover up a festering pit of genuinely detestable views and a total lack of empathy, understanding and a "I'm alright, Jack" stripe running right down your back.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×