Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 7/9/2018 at 18:10, Christmas Tree said:

No, it’s 48 hours of grumbling from hardliners who have no power and nowhere to go. Won’t even be topping the news this time tomorrow.

And she’s now added Soubry,Morgan etc to Team May.

Home and dry now.

Went to post something else and this is in here from a post I didn't make at the time.

• Haha 1

He really is Davis' protege.

They're still fooling no one by pretending that no deal would be nothing other than an unmitigated disaster. May has sent cabinet members around Europe to rally support for her deal, she really doesn't get how the EU works.

21 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Got his Mam stuffed after she died and she sits on a chair in the corner. He takes it upstairs with him when he goes to sleep 

Would be his nanny rather than his mother.

We're all united on JRM it seems, but it's worth noting that he appears to be uncompromising on his principles, relatively honest about what they are, and prepared to stand by them. Not unlike Corbyn - and popular with the right wingers for the same reason.

Another sign perhaps that if the centre could just get someone who had an actual backbone, we wouldn't be in this mess.

7 minutes ago, Haydnator said:

Rees-Mogg is a cunt. Dresses and acts like a late 19th century aristocratic with the political views to match. Strokey nonce.

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

We're all united on JRM it seems, but it's worth noting that he appears to be uncompromising on his principles, relatively honest about what they are, and prepared to stand by them. Not unlike Corbyn - and popular with the right wingers for the same reason.

Another sign perhaps that if the centre could just get someone who had an actual backbone, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Fuck off

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's easy to be uncompromising on your principles when you know there'll be zero consequences for you or your family. As has been the case throughout his entire life.

Just now, Andrew said:

Fuck off

Formidable argument :lol:

I've said as much before tbh, it's not a new position. The guy was grilled over his anti-abortion position and stood by it. He's been grilled over his Brexit position and stood by it. He is far more honest about what he believes in than most politicians, especially on the Tory side.

Happy to take evidence to the contrary though. And I should add that my acknowledgement that he appears to stick to his principles is not an endorsement of said principles.

Just now, Gemmill said:

It's easy to be uncompromising on your principles when you know there'll be zero consequences for you or your family. As has been the case throughout his entire life.

He has nothing to gain politically by sticking to his Catholic view on abortion. That only hurts his ambitions.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

His view on Brexit is, as far as I can see, basically blah, blah, blah, vassal state, blah, blah, land of hope and glory

The video with Krishnan Guru-Murthy is insane. Basically "I think it might be alright in 50 years, anything that happens in the meantime isn't my problem."

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

Aye but again it's easy to hide behind religion on that one. "lads, it's not me saying it, it's God. He does not like lasses having their fannies tampered with"

It's a step further than the vast, vast majority of our MPs would be prepared to go.

Look, I'm not saying the guy is anything other than a sneering, out of touch rich kid who is presumably stuck in a bubble made up entirely of people who smoke pipes and wear monocles, but if we are to understand why the man is popular, and a threat, we need to at least look at his strengths. And he is riding a similar wave with the right to the one Corbyn rode with the left.

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Formidable argument :lol:

I've said as much before tbh, it's not a new position. The guy was grilled over his anti-abortion position and stood by it. He's been grilled over his Brexit position and stood by it. He is far more honest about what he believes in than most politicians, especially on the Tory side.

Happy to take evidence to the contrary though. And I should add that my acknowledgement that he appears to stick to his principles is not an endorsement of said principles.

His principles are disgusting, sticking to them is not to be admired.

He isnt honest at all, ffs have you seen him interviewed about Brexit and his actions to protect himself outside of politics from the repercussions?

Corbyn, please. A shite opposition leader who has done less than fuck all in his position frankly, what the fuck even are his principles? Silent during the referendum and incapable of pressing home a politcal advantage against the worst government in decades. 

The reason I only said "fuck off" was because that post was nonsense man.

You may as well have written that times article in the politics thread with that output.

Just now, Rayvin said:

It's a step further than the vast, vast majority of our MPs would be prepared to go.

Look, I'm not saying the guy is anything other than a sneering, out of touch rich kid who is presumably stuck in a bubble made up entirely of people who smoke pipes and wear monocles, but if we are to understand why the man is popular, and a threat, we need to at least look at his strengths. And he is riding a similar wave with the right to the one Corbyn rode with the left.

His strength is that he's appealing to thick people and there are loads of them. That's it.