Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

What an excellent bit of writing :)

You liked this paragraph?

Between 2016 and 2018, the U.K. went from being the fastest-growing major economy in the world to the slowest, as businesses halted investment plans, migration dwindled, and foreboding filled the air. The government’s own estimates show that every form of Brexit will make people worse off, ranging from a relatively modest impact, if the country ends up somehow entwined in the E.U.—and thereby less free—to a cost of around eight per cent of G.D.P., if it leaves with no formal deal at all.

It’s time to bring out the VERTICAL FARMS! Less land space needed and we pack the crops high as the sky. Cows and sheep on the second floor and then the bottom floor acts as a farmers market. Come on, the government. Stop pissing about with the Jews and get on this

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

You liked this paragraph?

:lol: I liked them all.

Without getting into the bits I agree / disagree with, the actual article was very impressive journalism that is rare to see these days in our own daily offerings. I loved the detail the writers gone into, the background, the timeline, the use of language.

The world might be a tad better if the media was more like that than the sound bite, shock tactic, rubbish we are served daily.

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Without getting into the bits I agree / disagree with, the actual article was very impressive journalism that is rare to see these days in our own daily offerings. I loved the detail the writers gone into, the background, the timeline, the use of language.

The world might be a tad better if the media was more like that than the sound bite, shock tactic, rubbish we are served daily.

:lol: "It was nothing like reading The Sun"

4 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Typical Tory. 

Lies first, then denies it. 

;)

34 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44966969

The lies about Turkey stand out in particular, just as they did on the literature that came through the door. "Project Fear", one might even call it. 

The Turkey thing was an outright lie peddled repeatedly on all forms of media. Good to see the BBC is at least reporting this propaganda. My favourite propaganda was the prime time one on what will happen to the NHS if we stay in. Irony.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36367247

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

The Turkey thing was an outright lie peddled repeatedly on all forms of media. Good to see the BBC is at least reporting this propaganda. My favourite propaganda was the prime time one on what will happen to the NHS if we stay in. Irony.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36367247

That Dad's Army graphic, man. :lol: Lucky we're not allowed to call Leave voters thick any more because it's detrimental to the country's healing or something.

Surely there must be electoral laws against outright lies?

Anyway, Barnier has blown up Theresa May's customs plan. Just as well Theresa May didn't give away the executive's power to form a customs union. Oh wait...

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Surely there must be electoral laws against outright lies?

Anyway, Barnier has blown up Theresa May's customs plan. Just as well Theresa May didn't give away the executive's power to form a customs union. Oh wait...

There isn't, is there? Recently it's even acceptable to lie in parliament Davis did this repeatedly with the impact reports. 

I also see Raab has already been demoted. Nice work.