Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've just spent what's been one of my worst days in a long time at the top end of Wensleydale, getting alternately rained on then eaten alive by clouds of midges, all whilst hanging off a disused, crumbling, leaky fucking railway viaduct.

As I drove up the valley this morning, every single village I passed through, and most of the farms, were fucking plastered in Leave posters.

Aye, the farmers, those ones who receive the heftiest chunks of EU money in the population ( outside of MEPs), were proudly voting to cut their own fucking throats.

It was like driving through a deepening sea of stupidity.

Germany / Poland are talking about new treaty's

Honestly, I'm fairly certain that our relationship with Europe over the coming weeks will get stronger and stronger leading to a deal within 12 months.

You don't even have a firm grasp on written English. Why would anyone trust your opinion on anything?

Day 2 of "independence". After taking Gemmill's advice and trying to let this situation not bother me, it's not working. I feel genuinely worried. I didn't even realise but a fair few of my colleagues in a research network in Newcastle are on EU funding. They're out of a job and several years of work making Newcastle a centre of excellence are wasted. The reality of the situation is really setting in. Already a lot of remainers seem to be having buyers remorse. We've fucked ourselves, none of this jingoistic nonsense changes anything.

I was also talking to an employment lawyer last night. Everyone, and I mean everyone, should be concerned about their rights now when we exit, the EU protections are ripped up, and we are exposed to the worst of these neoconservative fucknuts.

This thread is going to be a long running testament to CT being wrong isn't it :lol: Not that we don't have any others.

We shall see. Unlikely though ;)

Ftse fell but finished in a weekly high. Pound plummeted but closed at February levels.

I was also talking to an employment lawyer last night. Everyone, and I mean everyone, should be concerned about their rights now when we exit, the EU protections are ripped up, and we are exposed to the worst of these neoconservative fucknuts.

It's not going to happen man. The idea that the Conservative party is suddenly going to swing to the right is madness.

No modern day electorate is going to let any party start hacking away at holidays etc.

The FTSE 250, which is considered a bellwether of the UK economy as a whole because it contains more UK-focussed companies, ended the day down 7.2pc - its worst day since Black Monday. The fall wiped £25bn off the value of the index in all and wiped almost a quarter off the value of some stocks.

They did the same thing in 2013. Just as the economy took off.

Did it? :lol:

6 million Zero Hours contracts and part time jobs or something.

The FTSE 250, which is considered a bellwether of the UK economy as a whole because it contains more UK-focussed companies, ended the day down 7.2pc - its worst day since Black Monday. The fall wiped £25bn off the value of the index in all and wiped almost a quarter off the value of some stocks.

:lol:

Honestly man, use your noggin. It finished higher yesterday than it did 2 weeks ago!!!

The last week has seen a load of market traders thinking they had all the answer and trying to make a quick buck. They got it wrong.

Edited by Christmas Tree

:lol:

Honestly man, use your noggin. It finished higher yesterday than it did 2 weeks ago!!!

The last week has seen a load of market traders thinking they had all the answer and trying to make a quick buck. They got it wrong.

Can you not read?

It's not going to happen man. The idea that the Conservative party is suddenly going to swing to the right is madness.

No modern day electorate is going to let any party start hacking away at holidays etc.

Phew, thanks CT, I was worried by the opinion of my professional law friend then for a bit, but you've put my mind at rest. :lol:

The point is, essentially most employment and health and safety law is based on EU law. Once we're out, it may no longer apply, the protections will disappear overnight. Now you obviously have faith that the new leaders of the conservatives, who are even more right wing than their predecessors, will replace these statutes. Curiously, I don't.

As a self employed minicab driver, I concede you won't be personally affected much. Given your past history, I really don't expect you to care much about the welfare of others either.

Phew, thanks CT, I was worried by the opinion of my professional law friend then for a bit, but you've put my mind at rest. :lol:

The point is, essentially most employment and health and safety law is based on EU law. Once we're out, it may no longer apply, the protections will disappear overnight. Now you obviously have faith that the new leaders of the conservatives, who are even more right wing than their predecessors, will replace these statutes. Curiously, I don't.

As a self employed minicab driver, I concede you won't be personally affected much. Given your past history, I really don't expect you to care much about the welfare of others either.

Dear me, didn't take you long to revert to type. :(

I think the low paid agency workers jobs that helped the economy "take off" will have all their safeguards removed too.

What's required now is that Labour get their act together so that we all have a good choice of policies come the next election.

I think I'll go with Philip Pullmans last few lines about what's required rather than this if its all the same to you, thanks...