Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol:

Honestly man, it's like they think someone is just going to make all of this ok somehow. Probably a remainer.

"Why haven't those damn remainers sorted out our food shortages yet, the fuckers. Elitist bastards, sitting over there telling me this is my fault".

And eventually, if there is a national acceptance that this was a massive fuck up, the narrative will have to become "these poor leave voters who didn't understand and were hoodwinked by corrupt politicians. It isn't their fault, they need a hug and a cup of tea" because the truth of "we told you for fucking years and you ignored us on the basis of fucking nothing you colossal, uneducated, willfully ignorant pricks" won't be palatable for bringing the country back together.

I see the government's compromise........ is to make the EU compromise. 

I said in my works Monday morning meeting that I didn't think no Brexit would happen (CE marking is a big deal to us). But who knows the depths May will plunge to? 

3 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Have a word with yourself.

Ive set out clearly why I voted leave and also added that if that can’t be delivered then I would prefer another referendum where I would vote remain.

You on the other hand like a lot on here have never accepted the result from day one and have whined consistently.

Democrats v Non Democrats.

Even for me it’s quite surprising the virtue signalling and vile tone that oozes out of so called lefty people on a daily basis from hoping the poor leavers get what’s coming to them to holding the older ones die to their all racists etc etc.

An absolute depressing state of affairs from the so called educated elite.

who has failed to accept the result? most of us would prefer to remain as we are clearly much stronger in the EU than out, but we also all accept that the government has to try to negotiate a deal which can get through parliament. the PM's failure to compromise over her red lines is the reason this hasn't happened. 

debating the terms of our exit is entirely democratic. the exit terms weren't on the ballot. no one voted for may's red lines, or her shitty vision of what brexit should look like. there isn't a democratic mandate for no deal. no one on the leave side campaigned for it. farage, hannan, elliot, banks et al all talked up the norway model on the campaign trail. parliamentary approval of the final deal is democratic. we live in a representative democracy. 

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

who has failed to accept the result? most of us would prefer to remain as we are clearly much stronger in the EU than out, but we also all accept that the government has to try to negotiate a deal which can get through parliament. the PM's failure to compromise over her red lines is the reason this hasn't happened. 

debating the terms of our exit is entirely democratic. the exit terms weren't on the ballot. no one voted for may's red lines, or her shitty vision of what brexit should look like. there isn't a democratic mandate for no deal. no one on the leave side campaigned for it. farage, hannan, elliot, banks et al all talked up the norway model on the campaign trail. parliamentary approval of the final deal is democratic. we live in a representative democracy. 

Agreed. I also totally agree with what this MP said.

DQ8dsjgW0AAeDPY.jpg

55 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Agreed. I also totally agree with what this MP said.

DQ8dsjgW0AAeDPY.jpg

I don't think referendums work in the UK. But if they are to be used, there needs to be a clear binary choice. Leave never offered a clear choice. I'd add that such an important constitutional change should also have required a super majority and/or support in all four of the UK's countries. The best PM of fat Little mackem's lifetime fucked up. Badly. 

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yeah but you lost so get over it lolz 

Given my mam's anxiety is off the scale because of the prospect of shortages in her Parkinson's meds, I suppose I should be grateful they at least have some kind of plan in mind for once.

Delighted we've had to reach this stage in proceedings, obviously.

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

Given my mam's anxiety is off the scale because of the prospect of shortages in her Parkinson's meds, I suppose I should be grateful they at least have some kind of plan in mind for once.

Delighted we've had to reach this stage in proceedings, obviously.

Come on Meenzer. When it comes to the choice of drugs or food, everbody chooses drugs, man...... until you get the munchies, obvs.

Edited by Renton

5 hours ago, Renton said:

I don't think referendums work in the UK. But if they are to be used, there needs to be a clear binary choice. Leave never offered a clear choice. I'd add that such an important constitutional change should also have required a super majority and/or support in all four of the UK's countries. The best PM of fat Little mackem's lifetime fucked up. Badly. 

Yeah. The quote I posted was actually from David Davis who seems to have changed his mind.

It really does look like we are heading for no deal now. May is demanding that the EU remove the backstop, despite saying recently that any deal must have a backstop, and already agreeing to said backstop some 14 months ago. The EU are rightfully going to tell her to fuck herself, and it will be no deal. Worse, probably an acrimonious no deal. Of course, May will have her scapegoat, lapped up the CT's of this world. 

Great. 

Edited by Renton