Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Mr Grayling said: "We have taken to our Parliament the deal reached in November and our Parliament has said no.

"We want to work with the EU to reach a deal but if they are not prepared to do that – they will have to take responsibility that we are heading towards a no-deal exit.

"If they are not willing to compromise, if they’re not willing to work with us to find common ground – it will be down to them if there is no deal."

Elsewhere in the interview, Mr Grayling - who campaigned for Vote Leave during the EU referendum - also insisted that Nissan's decision not to build its new X-Trail model at its plant in Sunderland was more to do with the collapse in the market for diesel vehicles, rather than Brexit.

He said: "Obviously I’m very disappointed by Nissan’s decision. But it’s clear that this has much more to do with the diesel car market than Brexit. Their statement of continuing commitment to the UK, whatever the outcome of the Brexit negotiations, is welcome."

His remarks appeared to put him at odds with Business Secretary Greg Clark, who said Nissan's decision was a warning sign about the risks of a no-deal Brexit.

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Here we are, then, the start of the inevitable reframing so that none of the hedge fund managers, closet racists and war fetishist gammons have to take any of the blame.

For a party that trumpets individual responsibility, the Tories aren't half good at refusing to take any themselves.

This is shocking news. Who could have predicted they would blame the EU for this mess? 

I'm confused though. Do we have them over a barrel or are they bullies today, does @Christmas Tree know? 

Don't worry, May has assembled the dream team working group to sort out the backstop featuring such intellectual giants as Steve Baker, Owen Patterson and Marcus Fysh.

Here's Fysh's most insightful take on the border problem to date:

• Jaysus... 1

On 05/02/2019 at 10:19, ewerk said:

Don't worry, May has assembled the dream team working group to sort out the backstop featuring such intellectual giants as Steve Baker, Owen Patterson and Marcus Fysh.

Here's Fysh's most insightful take on the border problem to date:

Cod economics from Fysh? 

What the fuck is really happening to this country? 

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

Dyk5kwQXgAYlmT3.jpg

I thought he'd managed to roll over the EU Chile deal? 

Meanwhile, Thornberry has demonstrated why Labour are not fit to vote for. Pathetic. Didn't Corbyn promise to push for PV in the event he couldn't force an election. Its too late now, time is almost up. Looks like the lunatics have won. 

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

I thought he'd managed to roll over the EU Chile deal? 

Meanwhile, Thornberry has demonstrated why Labour are not fit to vote for. Pathetic. Didn't Corbyn promise to push for PV in the event he couldn't force an election. Its too late now, time is almost up. Looks like the lunatics have won. 

They voted to keep the option of a PV on the table. It was of course worded so as to give Corbyn as much wiggleroom as possible to avoid calling for it.

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

Amendments for pv and extension were voted down. 

Numbers, numbers, numbers. 

Ammendment for PV? Did I miss this? 

It's as clear as day Corbyn would never let PV get through. Stop apologising for him. 

7 minutes ago, NJS said:

Amendments for pv and extension were voted down. 

Numbers, numbers, numbers. 

Really? When was the amendment for a People's Vote tabled?

You don't really seem to understand just how a call for a People's Vote would succeed.

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Really? When was the amendment for a People's Vote tabled?

You don't really seem to understand just how a call for a People's Vote would succeed.

As I said before unless quite a few tory MPs voted for it, it could never happen. 

There is no evidence whatsoever that enough tories would even consider it - let alone if it was backed by Labour. 

The idea that any leader could "force" another vote is wishful thinking. 

3 minutes ago, NJS said:

As I said before unless quite a few tory MPs voted for it, it could never happen. 

There is no evidence whatsoever that enough tories would even consider it - let alone if it was backed by Labour. 

So was his vote of confidence. He said he'd do that, and he did. He said he would try and get a PV if his vote of no confidence failed, and he hasn't. Just to be clear. 

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

In a free vote there would be the numbers.

19 minutes ago, Renton said:

Uh oh. Much as I agree with Tusk, his comment will set the gammon snowflakes on fire. My nodealometer is on 90%.

:lol:

European Council President Donald Tusk has said there is a "special place in hell" for "those who promoted Brexit without even a sketch of a plan of how to carry it safely".

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

The gammons are the biggest snowflakes of the lot 

Leazes was fucking constantly outraged at being discriminated against because he was a white, middle aged, Christian man. Fuming he was, constantly. 

I can already picture the slathering gammonflakes on QT tomorrow. There will be hell to pay. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Leazes was fucking constantly outraged at being discriminated against because he was a white, middle aged, Christian man. Fuming he was, constantly. 

I can already picture the slathering gammonflakes on QT tomorrow. There will be hell to pay. 

And, in keeping with your average gammon, he’s an absolute weapons-grade lunatic