Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There’s pretty much nothing that will get through Parliament. Back to the people.

I can’t see a vote to put it back to the people getting through Parliament either 

59 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s all Labour’s fault but he’ll still vote for Corbyn. And he definitely won’t change his mind in Brexit: leave means leave. But he’ll vote remain if there was another referendum tomorrow. 

It's hilarious that this is actually his position :lol: 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Does anyone honestly even care about all those amazing trade deals we won’t do? They’re all queuing up from the Faroe Islands to...

May’s last red like standing, I think, will be leaving the SM and ending FoM. At least then we can stop pretending Brexit was ever about anything else.

But leaving the SM wouldn't solve the NI border problem. And she will never give up that. So no WA imo and crash out.

Edited by Renton

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I can’t see a vote to put it back to the people getting through Parliament either 

Call it the Princess Diana amendment and you’ll instantly have the support of the Express and the Daily Mail.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

"Honda are clear this is based on global trends and not Brexit, as all European market production will consolidate in Japan in 2021."

Do Honda have any non-UK EU plants? We are about to have no trade deal with the EU AND Japan. Of course this is Brexit related. Nissan will most definitely follow suit. 

Edited by Renton

On 10/25/2018 at 17:32, The Fish said:

I have a prediction;

When Brexit results in the UK's economy stagnating or declining, the blame will fall on the Remainers, the experts, the EU, the rest of the World, the immigrants who left, the immigrants who stayed. I predict CT and his ilk will steadfastly refuse to accept that the responsibility lies with the Tory party, UKIP, and the turkeys who voted for Christmas.

If I'm wrong, my prediction is here on the internet where it'll live in perpetuity. I'll admit I was wrong.

Already happening I see.

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

Do Honda have any non-UK EU plants? We are about to have no trade deal with the EU AND Japan. Of course this is Brexit related. Nissan will most definitely follow suit. 

Why would they make a decision based on Brexit when they don't know the outcome of Brexit? Anyway the EU/Japan trade deal means they can build in Japan and access the eu which I suspect is the biggest factor

Why, what’s wrong with an economic bloc acting in its own interest? They don’t owe us any favours and will want to send a message to populists in other EU states that they’re stronger in. And to trump and other protectionists 

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Why, what’s wrong with an economic bloc acting in its own interest? They don’t owe us any favours and will want to send a message to populists in other EU states that they’re stronger in. And to trump and other protectionists 

I'd be surprised if Japanese companies shifting production back to Japan is limited to Britain though. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Why would they make a decision based on Brexit when they don't know the outcome of Brexit? Anyway the EU/Japan trade deal means they can build in Japan and access the eu which I suspect is the biggest factor

Because being out of the single market is one of May's red lines. Out of the SM means tariffs until an FTA can be negotiated (a decade away or maybe never) but more importantly NTB's which will kill JiT supply chain. Meaning the Civic is no longer viable. The FTA with Japan we helped negotiate is the icing on the cake, or more like final nail in the coffin. But if we were still in the SM, Swindon would hve remained competitive because of cheaper labour and transport costs and times. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Because being out of the single market is one of May's red lines. Out of the SM means tariffs until an FTA can be negotiated (a decade away or maybe never) but more importantly NTB's which will kill JiT supply chain. Meaning the Civic is no longer viable. The FTA with Japan we helped negotiate is the icing on the cake, or more like final nail in the coffin. But if we were still in the SM, Swindon would hve remained competitive because of cheaper labour and transport costs and times. 

We are still in the SM though, why wouldn't they wait for the outcome of Brexit before making a decision if that were truly the catalyst for this? The telling indicator is that they're shifting production back to Japan, leaving them with no eu presence at all if I'm not mistaken