Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why would they if most of them want to Remain?

The same reason they'd seek to enact the result of the referendum, because it's the will of the British people. Unfortunately.

Bit of ignorance from you and gloom. EDL is anti Islam racists, is brexiters hate all darkies.

The English Defence League (EDL) is a far-right street protest movement which focuses on opposition to what it considers to be a spread of Islamism and Sharia in the United Kingdom. The EDL has been described as Islamophobic. The group has faced confrontations with various groups, including Unite Against Fascism (UAF).

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_5746c021e4b03e9b9ed5466a?edition=uk

Ignorant? That's actually quite funny coming from you.

CT, given that Leave has rolled back on immigration, spending money on hospitals, and freedom of movement, and that we'll have to pay 90% of what we were paying anyway to exist in the single market (but without any say in the rules which technically makes us less sovereign), do you still think that you made the right choice? Also, as a backdrop, the two main political parties are in absolute turmoil, the guy coming in as Prime Minister looks terrified, and we have open racism on the streets?

EDIt - added to this, given the false promises from leave, and what people voted for, do you think the majority would still have voted Leave had they been told the truth? If so, what would these people have been voting for, exactly?

:lol:

Get a grip man. The EDL didn't just form since Friday. They are out every weekend protesting up and down the country. Have been for years.

As for your more sensible points, let's wait and see what happens with the negotiations.

As for your "they lied to us" bit, maybe there's lots of remain voters who would have switched to leave had project fear not threatened their pensions, income tax, cuts to NHS and world war 3.

I appreciate your feelings on this but howay, have some perspective.

You've been singing the cunt's praises for the last 6 years. Suddenly he's persona non grata with you?

Osborne has definitely shown that his ability to lead is non existent after his disappearing act of the last few days. The fucking Chancellor of the Exchequer nowhere to be seen following Brexit. We've heard from Carney, where the hell is Osborne? Why is more not being made of the fact that the second most important figure in the Tory government has gone awol at a time of crisis?!

You seem to have missed this one, CT.

You're welcome. ;)

Edited by adios

The same reason they'd seek to enact the result of the referendum, because it's the will of the British people. Unfortunately.

They'd be distraught if they were the ones being pressured to enforce remain... seeing as it's their path to another referendum on independence.

It's not technically the will of the British people to change this particular law.

Get a grip man. The EDL didn't just form since Friday. They are out every weekend protesting up and down the country. Have been for years.

As for your more sensible points, let's wait and see what happens with the negotiations.

As for your "they lied to us" bit, maybe there's lots of remain voters who would have switched to leave had project fear not threatened their pensions, income tax, cuts to NHS and world war 3.

If it turns out more or less as we're all saying, will you concede that we were right and this was a colossal mistake?

In all honesty CT, this forum has some fairly intelligent members from various backgrounds and careers

What does it actually take for it to sink in , especially in situations like this where you are literally outnumbered 18-1 with these lads telling you the craic.

mean fuck me i know you're usually playing contrary and flip flopping but it really is beyond the pale that you can be this fucking daft

I'm not sure what your point is. The majority of the U.K. agrees with me. Hardly being contrary.

You seem to have missed this one, CT.

You're welcome. ;)

You'll find I've always made clear he's an odious cunt, but he has mostly been a food chancellor. (I appreciate that view won't be shared here).

Punishment budget was a very bad move.

It's been 2 days man. All the shit you mention, even WW3, may well happen. Probably not the latter, but if Europe crumbles, who knows? Leave claims were much, much worse.

You'll find I've always made clear he's an odious cunt, but he has mostly been a food chancellor. (I appreciate that view won't be shared here).

Punishment budget was a very bad move.

You've got food on the brain.

Eh?

That post concerned something ewerk set out - that the law for suggesting Scottish parliament could prevent exit has the potential to not be changed by Parliament as technically, no one voted for that law to be changed. They could certainly choose to in the spirit of the vote, but they'd certainly lose Scotland. Thus it would become a question of tearing apart the union for the sake of leaving the EU. Is that worth it?

Why would anyone regret the first step in our glorious return to our egalitarian bisexual roots?

The Western Establishment is crumbling. If any of you 'Establishment Losers' lived close to the Amazon with your dogs and boyfriend, you'd realise humanity's much delayed first trudging baby-trudge in the direction of freedom for what it is.

Purple tracksuits! Assemble!

Actually reading the comments on the actual Daily Mail article - not representative of anything significant I know - but I noticed this one:

It is quite incredible, before the referendum any remark made by a remain supporter was red arrowed to death, now it would appear that in actual fact nobody voted to leave.

Dunno how familiar you lot are with the DM, but normally you would expect a comment like this to be red arrowed to death. It has 800 greens and less than 100 reds.

People are regretting this, I would say.

Ha ha! Up yours you falaffel munching, book reading, pseudo-left wing - do gooders! As Orwell said, "The only hope lies in the proles".

Edited by Park Life