Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EU plans moving bank regulator from London as euro zone eyes City business

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-finance-idUSKCN0ZC152

Coming a day after Britain's Jonathan Hill resigned and was replaced as EU financial services chief by the Commission's "Mr. Euro" Valdis Dombrovskis, the move underlines how the City of London can expect to be frozen out of EU financial regulation -- and possibly from Europe's capital markets -- depending on the terms of Brexit.

While those who argued for Britain to leave the EU said the financial industry would thrive without EU shackles, some of its biggest employers including JPMorgan are scouring Europe to find new locations for their traders, bankers and financial licenses.

:lol: but also :jesuswept:

who from the leave campaign is he quoting there?

i genuinely don't think they expected to win. they certainly didn't prepare for it.

The problem is, without a valid alternative to the political establishment in terms of a party then cunts like Farage and UKIP are going to vacuum up any protest votes in a snap general election. As I've said before, we need more parties and PR so that people can engage with politics again and feel like they have a voice. Is there even a hint of that happening? Of course not.

who from the leave campaign is he quoting there?

i genuinely don't think they expected to win. they certainly didn't prepare for it.

Agreed - but I don't know who is being quoted. I assumed IDS since his name is at the bottom in the bulletins, but it could be unrelated.

The politicians who didn't want to leave should've done the planning for the ones who (claimed they) did. You couldn't make this shit up.

The politicians who didn't want to leave should've done the planning for the ones who (claimed they) did. You couldn't make this shit up.

Yep, and 90% of what was voted for isn't going to happen.

Is this the most moronic political decision in the history of this country? Yes, I would say so.

Agreed - but I don't know who is being quoted. I assumed IDS since his name is at the bottom in the bulletins, but it could be unrelated.

I'd be surprised if it was IDS making that stark admission/allegation, more likely it'll be a more junior MP, surely?

Was probably Farage

Christ, his admission on Piers Morgan's morning show... There must be accountability for such blatant lying, right?

The problem is, without a valid alternative to the political establishment in terms of a party then cunts like Farage and UKIP are going to vacuum up any protest votes in a snap general election. As I've said before, we need more parties and PR so that people can engage with politics again and feel like they have a voice. Is there even a hint of that happening? Of course not.

Would PR not leave to more coalitions and more dirty deals (lib dems tuition fees)?

Surely it's better to know when you vote what you're going to get.

Would PR not leave to more coalitions and more dirty deals (lib dems tuition fees)?

[emoji38] Is that how the current system works like?

Of course the government who offered the choice should have had a plan a and b.

Not if they knew that new leadership was going to come in. Which was necessary really for the Tory party to avoid pulling itself apart.

Also, just to be clear, are you now criticising Cameron?

The divorce of our European marriage will be very costly and provoke a bitterness towards us as a trusted country in the world...However I do believe in democracy and Britain has spoken. In my own way I will now roll up my sleeves and work harder than ever to make this work. But I BEG YOU ONE THING GREAT BRITAIN ???? Give me Boris fucking Johnson as our Prime Minister and I’m done. I’m out. My faith in us will be broken forever.

- Jamie Oliver

It would obviously involve more coalitions.

I thought Plans A and B were "business as usual".

:lol: "business as usual" is going to go down alongside "football genius" in the canon of classic CT quotes.

Not if they knew that new leadership was going to come in. Which was necessary really for the Tory party to avoid pulling itself apart.

Of course I am. He's Pm, he said we could thrive outside the EU.

Rediculous to call such a yes no vote and not have a plan for either outcome.

He secretly hated Osborne too man. It's all coming out now.

Remember when one month he was calling for Pardew to be the next England manager and the next he wanted him sacked? [emoji38]

Of course the government who offered the choice should have had a plan a and b.

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. As usual though, you miss the extremely obvious point here, i.e. that the politicians who were telling the public they should vote leave should have had a plan in place for that eventuality.