Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, NJS said:

I still love the idea that if Corbyn had been full on remain, parliamentary numbers would have allowed him to not "enable brexit". 

There has never been nor ever will be a majority for a revocation, soft Brexit, second ref or any other "unicorn" ideas you come up with. But keep saying it's his fault. 

If he'd been vaguely competent, things would be different. He's second only to May in being a tin-eared incompetent arsehole.

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

If Corbyn had been full on remain, there is every chance Remain would have won the referendum. If someone else was leader of the Labour Party, there is every chance the Conservatives would have been obliterated by now. If David Miliband had been leader of the Labour Party in 2015, it is highly unlikely Cameron would have won outright to deliver his referendum. Etc. Corbyn has been a disaster, you appear to be the only one left not to acknowledge this. 

I don't think David Miiband would have won in 2015. He had the Iraq/Blair legacy and the tories would have attacked his part in the crash (bollocks but would have played well). 

I'd add that if you think 1.6 million votes would have swung on a fuller remainer when the remain campaign as a whole was shite, you're dreaming. 

Edited by NJS

Richard Graham, a Tory, asks May if she agrees that a no-deal Brexit could lead to the break-up of the UK.

May says she has serious concerns about this.

?!?!

Where were those concerns 3 months ago when 'No Deal was better than a bad deal'???

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Richard Graham, a Tory, asks May if she agrees that a no-deal Brexit could lead to the break-up of the UK.

May says she has serious concerns about this.

?!?!

Where were those concerns 3 months ago when 'No Deal was better than a bad deal'???

Didn't she claim eecently that she meant no deal as a metaphor or some such bollocks? :lol:

But it leads back to my point earlier, why would Boris want the break up of the UK on his CV? It makes no sense for the supposed Conservative and Union party. 

But it means May could untangle a lot of this just by fessing up to what we already know. That Brexit is just a fucking shit thing for the country, and the only way she could try to deliver it, was by threatening and lying to people. The Brexiteers might actually give her some kudos for that.

I read something about how Robert Peel as PM stopped the Corn laws being passed as he thought it was for the good of the country and that cast the tories out of power for about 20 odd years. Can't see that happening now. 

I can see this shit show going on as well as there could be swings between pro EU Labour/others (post-Corbyn) and anti-eu tories/others for years to come. 

Seems like the Tories are concerned that if a second referendum goes through, Scotland gets another one. A counter to the 'break up of the UK' rhetoric? Or will the SNP try that on?

Just now, Rayvin said:

Seems like the Tories are concerned that if a second referendum goes through, Scotland gets another one. A counter to the 'break up of the UK' rhetoric? Or will the SNP try that on?

There's a difference in having a second referendum when trying to change the status quo rather than maintaining it.

Of course it’s the Sun so when they say ‘surrounded’ there were actually only three people and when they say ‘trapped’ he did get off the bus. 

Not like them to let the truth get in the way of a headline.

Andrea Leadsom has resigned, the loathsome cunt. Is it just me, that although I can't stand May, I still prefer her to most of her potential replacements? That in itself is incredible. Fuck me, I prefer Thatcher to most of these thunder cunts. 

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

Andrea Leadsom has resigned, the loathsome cunt. Is it just me, that although I can't stand May, I still prefer her to most of her potential replacements? That in itself is incredible. Fuck me, I prefer Thatcher to most of these thunder cunts. 

I'm also starting to feel that way. May now looks more like the last bastion of what passes for sanity in the Tory party.

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

http://www.politics.co.uk/comment-analysis/2019/05/22/the-remain-strategy-region-by-region-voting-guide

Check your latest pick, Remoaners!  @Meenzer yours is now Change UK apparently...

How much traction has this strategic voting got? I'll turn out and vote LIb Deb but can't help thinking it'll be a Brexit Party landslide here