Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. As usual though, you miss the extremely obvious point here, i.e. that the politicians who were telling the public they should vote leave should have had a plan in place for that eventuality.

No no no. Their job was just to secure the Leave vote. It's entirely reasonable that they now haven't got a fucking clue what to do.

This bloke. [emoji38]

He secretly hated Osborne too man. It's all coming out now.

Remember when one month he was calling for Pardew to be the next England manager and the next he wanted him sacked? [emoji38]

Rediculous

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. As usual though, you miss the extremely obvious point here, i.e. that the politicians who were telling the public they should vote leave should have had a plan in place for that eventuality.

Well there's only so much they can do without the weight of government or the civil service working for them.

I wonder who will pull the trigger on article 50. And if it will actually happen?

The Brexiters have admitted they've completely lied - which should be enough to force a second referendum. With "Dave" taking a back seat now I suspect this will rumble on for quite a while.

Well there's only so much they can do without the weight of government or the civil service working for them.

They don't even have a fucking PLAN. Never mind the resources to put it into action. Christ.

He hasn't. He's stopped short of that but told him he's lost authority.

looks like a bit of over zealous sub editing there. their story has just been tweaked

They don't even have a fucking PLAN. Never mind the resources to put it into action. Christ.

Of course there's a plan of sorts. It's leaving the EU. Now that leave has won a negotiating team will be set up to start the informal talks as they said they would during the campaign.

Sorry that they've had the weekend off. :lol:

Quite sensible the talk of getting an overview team which includes all parties, unions and business.

That's no excuse for not having a plan mate. They've let us down badly here.

Sorry that they've had the weekend off. :lol:

The country has been in turmoil all weekend. They haven't had the weekend off, they've been frantically trying to work out what to do.

EDIT - If they have had the weekend off, they're even more irresponsible than we all think they are.

Edited by Rayvin

More business as usual from FT.com

The British pound and equities are sliding, while haven assets such as Gilts and gold are surging, as investors continue to fret about the UK’s decision to leave the EU.

“The UK vote will likely trigger a recession in the UK, a slowdown in Europe and a small drop in growth elsewhere . . . Risks are very much skewed to the downside in our view,” said economists at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

Sterling is again under severe pressure as the UK’s domestic political turmoil adds to its woes. The pound is slipping 2 per cent to $1.3397 and is in danger of revisiting the 30-year intraday low of $1.3224 hit on Friday in the immediate aftermath of the referendum result.

“The outcome of the UK’s Referendum last week has surprised some and shocked many in financial markets,” said Jonathan Stubbs, equity analyst at Citi. “A bull market in uncertainty appears to have emerged in short order.”

:lol: I told everyone this was a big game to you. The above proves it

CT, where's the money going to come from for this?

This is a really good post - the money is, of course, going to come from students. Fees will rise. That's the young damned again, CT.

I don't see how. Pretty much common sense.

Excusing the Tories in the leave campaign for not having a post Brexit plan is just about the opposite of common sense. Again, I may have been affording you way too much credit.

This is a really good post - the money is, of course, going to come from students. Fees will rise. That's the young damned again, CT.

Should slash the state pension. In the interests of fairness.

political turmoil and a looming constitutional crisis, market volatility, sterling resuming its historic slide to hit new 30 year lows, despite osborne best efforts to calm markets, leading economic analysts predicting recession etc etc.

it's almost as if no one told us this was going to happen!

#businessasusual