Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There are Tories who will topple this government before they'll let no deal happen. A GE is my bet.

It’s what I’ve felt is the likely outcome  since the start. I thought you were in the PV camp 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Anybody already beginning to regret May resigning? Johnson looks unstoppable despite, well everything. Hurtling towards a no deal Brexit now with the biggest cunt ever to placed as PM. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/12/keir-starmer-urges-mps-to-back-safety-valve-to-stop-no-deal-brexit

That very thought crossed my mind today. I think she’ll be judged well in the future compared with what is about to come......

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

There are Tories who will topple this government before they'll let no deal happen. A GE is my bet.

13 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s what I’ve felt is the likely outcome  since the start. I thought you were in the PV camp 

Does Johnson as PM & no deal keep the Tory party largely together? From where I’m sat it does, they don’t need a vote to get that through Parliament,Johnson will be the pariah for the next decade of shit and the vast majority of rest of them will just carry on as before. 

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

It's looking like there are labour MPs who will scupper that. Plus, have you seen the predicted polls of Johnson vs Corbyn if he is next PM? Maybe they're wrong but I've totally lost my faith in the English electorate. Time is now a huge issue too, we've almost run out. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Does Johnson as PM & no deal keep the Tory party largely together? From where I’m sat it does, they don’t need a vote to get that through Parliament,Johnson will be the pariah for the next decade of shit and the vast majority of rest of them will just carry on as before. 

I can't see how. He is absolutely reviled by large numbers of his own parliamentary party (some of whom have said they will resign the whip) and they already don't have a functional majority. Plus he is hated by half the electorate. I fear really bad things happening, just not sure what. 

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We’ve already heard it from several of the leadership candidates Brexit is now about keeping the Conservative party in existence, it’s no longer about the country.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We’ve already heard it from several of the leadership candidates Brexit is now about keeping the Conservative party in existence, it’s no longer about the country.

They're going down and taking the country with them. I've run out of expletives. 

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Its been about that since it dawned on them that NI/the backstop stops Brexit. Mays deal delivered an end to FoM, I think she thought most English MPs would settle for that. 

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I can't see how. He is absolutely reviled by large numbers of his own parliamentary party (some of whom have said they will resign the whip) and they already don't have a functional majority. Plus he is hated by half the electorate. I fear really bad things happening, just not sure what. 

I just think most are just suing for peace now. That’s why Johnson’s favourite. They can say “we delivered the referendum result” then blame him for the horror show to come.  

I think there's JUST enough sensible heads there to stop that happening. No deal has been howked when it's been put to the vote. If Johnson is genuinely threatening no deal, they'll not stand for it. 

I also question whether Johnson would really go for it when it came to the crunch. He's an awful cunt but he's not Steve Baker level insane. 

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I think there's JUST enough sensible heads there to stop that happening. No deal has been howked when it's been put to the vote. If Johnson is genuinely threatening no deal, they'll not stand for it. 

I also question whether Johnson would really go for it when it came to the crunch. He's an awful cunt but he's not Steve Baker level insane. 

That's what I thought but then he appears to have boxed himself in regarding that. Why? 

39 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

The remain side was more than willing to compromise early on. It's the hard Brexiters who squandered that opportunity.

May's deal was an extremely hard Brexit. Out of the CU and SM, and end to FOM. Wasn't enough for the small minority of head bangers who are driving us off the cliff.