Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

where are the sunlit uplands? the free trade deals when the shackles are finally unleashed and britain can take her rightful place in the world stage as a truly, global nation?

the truth is there are no sunlit uplands. we can't even rely on a lifetime's supply of GM crops and chlorinated chicken.

there is literally nothing to be gained from no deal, particularly if we can't even pass a trade agreement with trump's america. does johnson really want to oversee it? i doubt it. it's bluster. he'll bottle it, just as may did. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

There's no longer any talk of sunlit uplands nor have we heard much about the will of the people of late. It's moved on to how it will be the end of the Conservative party if they don't deliver Brexit and seemingly no one questions how utterly moronic that is.

Make no mistake, 90% of the Tory party are happy to watch the country burn as long as they get to reign over the ashes. 

i just still can't believe that after craving power for so long, johnson would piss it all away by being the one to oversee a catastrophic no deal. i might be wrong, but when the shit gets real i think he'll shit his pants just like may did

51 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i just still can't believe that after craving power for so long, johnson would piss it all away by being the one to oversee a catastrophic no deal. i might be wrong, but when the shit gets real i think he'll shit his pants just like may did

He's fucked any which way I'd say. Is there a minimum time duration you need to be in office to get your portrait on the Downing street staircase?

His best be for prolonged power is to call a GE very soon and campaign on an unambiguous no deal ticket, to neutralise Farage (or have a pact with him). That would be borderline psychopathic behaviour but would not surprise me. 

Theresa May managed to box herself in with her inflexible red lines, Johnson seems to have managed to do it on an even bigger scale with his demands to dump the backstop. It’s terrible politics.

• Like 1

he returned, briefly, the other day to quote one of his old posts about johnson being destined for number 10. i suppose it's the law of averages when you make as many random predictions as he managed - one of them will eventually come true

3 hours ago, Ant said:

Notice the absence of our resident idiot the last couple of months 

I still read what’s going on but have no time for the way political discussion takes place on here these days. It’s sunk to twitterish levels.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

he returned, briefly, the other day to quote one of his old posts about johnson being destined for number 10. i suppose it's the law of averages when you make as many random predictions as he managed - one of them will eventually come true

Your confusing me with @Meenzer .  An easy mistake tbf :lol:

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I still read what’s going on but have no time for the way political discussion takes place on here these days. It’s sunk to twitterish levels.

Fuck off from Zanzibar. HAKUNA MATATA CUNT FACE. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Maybe we need you back to raise the quality of the debate YOU MASSIVE FLID THAT ACTUALLY VOTED FOR THIS SHITSHOW. 

You’ll thank me when the cracking deal is done, the trade deals are pouring in, North Shields fish market is returned to glory and the economy is booming. 

Enjoy your hols.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Cant take anything seriously from a fella who skate boards in green shoes tbf :lol:

From the bloke robbing grannies in his Fiat Doblo. 

And voted for Brexit. 

18 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

That only works if Trump doesn't win next time round.  As it is, getting a trade deal with a Trump US is not worth the paper it is written on, given that he will not give any favourable terms whatsoever.  The CAP will be like a pipe-dream after we enter into a US trade deal.