Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Confirmed Johnson could well go to prison if he attempts to subvert the request for an extension. What a corner he's backed himself into, the massive tit  

Is all of this enough of a corner to actually get us out of this?

I assume Johnson at this point is banking on the Hungarians vetoing the extension? Sure though he’d still be found in contempt of court for trying to subvert the intention of the Benn bill?

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I assume Johnson at this point is banking on the Hungarians vetoing the extension? Sure though he’d still be found in contempt of court for trying to subvert the intention of the Benn bill?

Surely that's literally treason. Engaging a foreign power to undermine the strategic position of your own realm?

There's plenty smart people on twitter saying there's no way Hungary will veto. Even if Johnson has tried to line something up, the EU will give them some small concession to bring them back in line and he'll be left looking like a cunt. Again. 

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Surely that's literally treason. Engaging a foreign power to undermine the strategic position of your own realm?

Maybe he was just looking for advice on the best holiday spots for a Hungarian vacation?

Edited by Anorthernsoul

I'm gonna say mind, this is going to be a tragedy for the entire country, leave or remain. If fucking useless May hadn't decided it was hard Brexit or bust, we could have had a mediocre soft Brexit that was kinda pointless but probably does in some stupid way represent where the country actually was at the time.

Now we have all or nothing Brexit, no matter who wins, we lose.

13 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That scenario was specifically mentioned, it's not happening without Johnson going to prison.

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I'm gonna say mind, this is going to be a tragedy for the entire country, leave or remain. If fucking useless May hadn't decided it was hard Brexit or bust, we could have had a mediocre soft Brexit that was kinda pointless but probably does in some stupid way represent where the country actually was at the time.

Now we have all or nothing Brexit, no matter who wins, we lose.

This is fucking great news today though I think. The tories are turbofucked. 

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

That scenario was specifically mentioned, it's not happening without Johnson going to prison.

I hope that’s what he’s planning and it works. MPs become furious and revoke Article 50 and Johnson gets a nice stretch inside. It would nearly make all this worth it.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The saddest thing about that is that some dullard has obviously taken the time out of their day to report you. :lol: 

Nigel Farage himself, nailed on.

• Haha 1

Just now, NJS said:

They're going to send a letter asking for an extension then send another the next day rescinding it aren't they? 

They can't. The law requires them to seek an extension. If they try to cancel that request, they've broken the law. It's not just about sending the letter. 

This enduring notion of Soros being some kind of left-wing kingpin is absurd. Even if he is everything they say he is, he's one rich guy against many rich guys. At worst he's an isolated example of a Left wing version of people like Rees Mogg himself.