Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

high stakes game of chicken. no trade deal has ever been done in a year. people keep saying we'll finally see his true colours. i don't genuinely believe he wants no deal. is he forcing the EU to ask us for an extension? 

Yep, it’s exactly that. 

He’s outlawing nothing. He could veto an extension regardless. And he can still easily change his mind on an extension by pushing through a one line bill to amend the withdrawal act.

It’s one purely for the cameras.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He’s outlawing nothing. He could veto an extension regardless. And he can still easily change his mind on an extension by pushing through a one line bill to amend the withdrawal act.

It’s one purely for the cameras.

Aye this. If it comes to it, there'll be an extension. This is just so he can do the I never wanted an extension act. 

5 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye this. If it comes to it, there'll be an extension. This is just so he can do the I never wanted an extension act. 

I'm struggling with this logic. Obviously he's gone back on his word before, but that was arguably out of necessity. So why make a law, so you can repeal that same law, making yourself look like a tit in the process, pissing off international companies, and crashing the pound, for no reason? He's got a huge majority and doesn't need to appease the ERG.I think he wants no deal for his disaster capitalist mates and to pave a deal with the US.  Too many people think Johnson is benign. He's not. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm struggling with this logic. Obviously he's gone back on his word before, but that was arguably out of necessity. So why make a law, so you can repeal that same law, making yourself look like a tit in the process, pissing off international companies, and crashing the pound, for no reason? He's got a huge majority and doesn't need to appease the ERG.I think he wants no deal for his disaster capitalist mates and to pave a deal with the US.  Too many people think Johnson is benign. He's not. 

If we fall off the cliff edge it lets labour back in. Bring it onn

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

He genuinely thinks this puts pressure on the EU. He’s an idiot but he knows that he doesn’t want to preside over no deal.

6 hours ago, ewerk said:

He genuinely thinks this puts pressure on the EU. He’s an idiot but he knows that he doesn’t want to preside over no deal.

Maybe he still follo2s the BMW and prosecco line, personally i doubt he is that stupid. But a comprehensive FTA isnt possible in these time lines. I think he is going for an absolute minimum deal which will be horrendous for industry and NI. We'll see.

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

If we fall off the cliff edge it lets labour back in. Bring it onn

Is this a joke? Have you learned nothing over the last few years of media manipulation, blame, and the utter incompetence of Labour? 

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Is this a joke? Have you learned nothing over the last few years of media manipulation, blame, and the utter incompetence of Labour? 

No deal will destroy the country. It’ll be chaos. I don’t see how it can be blamed on anyone but the Tories. They brought forward the referendum, campaigned to get Brexit done and have overseen the negotiations. They own it.

I just joined the Labour Party to try to have my say in the leadership contest, plan to vote for anyone but RLB

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

No deal will destroy the country. It’ll be chaos. I don’t see how it can be blamed on anyone but the Tories. They brought forward the referendum, campaigned to get Brexit done and have overseen the negotiations. They own it.

I just joined the Labour Party to try to have my say in the leadership contest, plan to vote for anyone but RLB

He gets it done next year, that gives 4 years of some chance of recovery whilst we align with the US, scotland and NI leave, landing us with a hugely Englishcentric electorate and less reliance on the North. I think there will be other sinister changes to parliament and judiciary in the mean time too. 

AtEotD, putting these dates into primary legislation really doesn't bode well imo.

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Boris will claim it's Labour's fault for not stopping him, and the BBC will start talking about how ineffective the opposition was at a time of great national peril - and how only Boris can be trusted to do the work of both the government and the leader of the opposition.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Just reading the headlines of the Metro there. "You ain't seen nothing yet". Think what he has already done, let that sink in. 

I mean, naturally he would do all the worst stuff right at the start though. It'll get less insane as we move forward.

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Just reading the headlines of the Metro there. "You ain't seen nothing yet". Think what he has already done, let that sink in. 

I told you two days ago, you've got to stop bothering your arse about this shit. Rejoin Labour so you can vote in the Leadership battle but ignore everything else cos you can't do anything about it. Brexit and this Tory government is a runaway train now. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I told you two days ago, you've got to stop bothering your arse about this shit. Rejoin Labour so you can vote in the Leadership battle but ignore everything else cos you can't do anything about it. Brexit and this Tory government is a runaway train now. 

I know, you're right. Its not even Brexit I'm most afraid of, it's going to be the assaults on our institutions. Education,  health, the judiciary, the BBC. I honestly believe we haven't seen anything yet, Its completely fucked now with Johnson having the freedom to do whatever he wants. I'm not wasting my time joining the Labour party either, there is no good possible outcome awaiting them. I can't support a single candidate. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

When you say that about a woman like Lisa Nandy.. I tell you. You've gone down in my estimation. 

What has Lisa Nandy done to deserve such high praise?

Edited by Rayvin

2020 is the Rise of the Splitbots. You've just got to pick a side. Nandy is a Wigan lass who, in hindsight, was making a lot more sense to people in all the seats that Labour lost than any other Labour MP did. 

If they're the people you need to win back, she's your splitbot.