Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What do we reckon, thick Brexiteer who didn't understand what he was supporting or thick rich Brexiteer who thought Brexit would only affect the plebs and he could buy his way out of any complications?

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Unfortunately I'm not clicking on the Whrongicle website. :lol:

There’s a piece in the FT about it too, which is probably slightly better written ;) , but it’s behind a paywall 

• Haha 1

On 6/22/2016 at 13:31, Christmas Tree said:

That's your view not mine. There's always a choice.

There was a choice in 2010 for a conservative government to try and get the country off its knees. That was my choice.

There was a choice in 2015 to let them continue growing the economy. That was my choice.

Simply sobbing on the sidelines that the whole system is fucked achieves nothing.

It's like those pointless MP's on the telly who say, "ah, but this government hasn't built enough houses etc etc". The sheep clap but the reality is its decades since any government have and no future government is going to do anything different. That's just the way public finances and the world is.

Tomorrow is another choice. I was fairly undecided at the start of this campaign and whatever happens Friday, life will probably continue pretty much as is. However we all get a vote and mine will be for out. Not because I'm a racist, not because I'm a moron, but because having listened intently to lots of arguments, I believe we will be better off out. Even if that means a little bit of turmoil in the short term.

Why?

I've lived through a lifetime of a very uneasy relationship between the UK and Europe. We don't want to go where they want to go, never have, never will.

I think the whole project is unraveling and don't see any advantage of being tied to it politically. Just as we successfully manage to do on lots of issues around the world, I'm sure we can still discuss important issues with our European neighbours and help influence the stuff we want to.

As the German BDI leader confirmed today, the desire of big business over there is continue with free trade. I'm pretty confident this will happen whilst at the same time those 6% of British companies that export to the EU can now attack the fast growing trade destinations elsewhere in the world.

As for immigration, I'm all for it, however it makes sense to have some controls on the numbers and types of people coming in. We should take as many as WE need. But the crisis of immigration into the EU from the Middle East and Africa is only going to get worse, which will lead to tougher times for the EU.

I also like the idea of a British Parliament having total control over what we do as a country. If we want to take VAT off heating bills we should be able to do it. If we want to privatise the railways we should do it.

There's loads more but I've got to go out :lol:

You fat little cunt.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

As a nation we’ve basically become a fat middle aged bloke punching himself in the face to demonstrate how hard he is

Edited by Alex

While issue is live:

Winning the argument > all other considerations

Once argument is won:

Rational self-interest > winning the argument

Wonderful.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What the fuck would you know about winning arguments?

I know that the easiest way to win them on here is to agree with majority opinion ;)

I also know that if you argue long enough people will either stop replying, dig their heels in against all logical sense, strawman you, or brand you a xenophobe :D

I think on that basis I'm fairly well positioned to reflect on the national Brexit debate..!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I know that the easiest way to win them on here is to agree with majority opinion ;)

I also know that if you argue long enough people will either stop replying, dig their heels in against all logical sense, strawman you, or brand you a xenophobe :D

I think on that basis I'm fairly well positioned to reflect on the national Brexit debate..!

You're wrong.

• Haha 3