Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Schauble has come out today and said that we won't be able to join the free market if we vote out.

Shouldn't that point be enough? Given that Leave is adamant that we will, and now we're being told that we wouldn't be able to. That's it. Game over man, game over. If we vote out, we're fucking out.

Schauble has come out today and said that we won't be able to join the free market if we vote out.

Shouldn't that point be enough? Given that Leave is adamant that we will, and now we're being told that we wouldn't be able to. That's it. Game over man, game over. If we vote out, we're fucking out.

He's a proper little shit that Schäuble. No wonder someone tried to kill him.

Calm down man :lol:

This is just more scare tactics. Trade will continue and it's highly unlikely that Germans will want to start slapping tariffs on all those shiney cars they export here.

To be fair, the Germans said a lot of nice things about us in that article. All he said on the single market is that the EU would have to respect our sovereignty, and that we would have chosen to reject both the EU and single market together. So we would be choosing to exit it, not them expelling us.

This is going to be a total disaster isn't it...

Edited by Rayvin

To be fair, the Germans said a lot of nice things about us in that article. All he said on the single market is that the EU would have to respect our sovereignty, and that we would have chosen to reject both the EU and single market together. So we would be choosing to exit it, not them expelling us.

This is going to be a total disaster isn't it...

In the event of Brexit, I think it's going to be horrible domestically and also for Europe. It'll be a vindication of the right wing of the Tory party for a start, that prospect alone terrifies me along with Farage's unbearable smugness. Short term economically the pound will collapse and there will be a huge jump in unemployment. Long term we are going to be economically severely disadvantaged. All because of CMD's desperation for power at any price.

Hate to say it but working class voters who don't understand the intricacies of trade and economics and are being swayed by the immigration arguments look like swaying it at the moment.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

It's too close to call. However, couple of things are giving me hope. Firstly, the late surge in voting applications and hopefully the message is getting out to lazy, young, remainers. And secondly, the bookies are still confident of remain despite the majority of betting going on Brexit.

Difficult to know what to do for holiday currency as well. Some have predicted the pound will fall to less than the value of the Euro after Brexit. On the hand, if remain wins it will increase in strength by double digits.

Hate to say it but working class voters who don't understand the intricacies of trade and economics and are being swayed by the immigration arguments look like swaying it at the moment.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

It could also be a repeat of the Scottish referendum where the leavers did the most shouting, but the stays ramped the scaremongering up in the last two week and won.

The fateful day when Gordon Brown of all people saved the Union... bizarre stuff.

The thing is though, it's hard to blame a lot of the Brexiters - clearly they aren't all raving, racist loonies - the people to blame here are ultimately the fucking government. Why did we need to do this? If they weren't trying to score petty political points, this never would have happened. People aren't well informed enough to vote on shit like this - I would argue by design. And frankly, I would include myself in that. Normally this works out for the political elite as they can manipulate people into basically anything. Except this time when they've woefully underestimated how badly the general public want to give someone in the establishment, anyone, an absolute kicking.

It could also be a repeat of the Scottish referendum where the leavers did the most shouting, but the stays ramped the scaremongering up in the last two week and won.

Aye, it's remain that's doing the scaremongering.

_89934294_express.jpg

The fateful day when Gordon Brown of all people saved the Union... bizarre stuff.

The thing is though, it's hard to blame a lot of the Brexiters - clearly they aren't all raving, racist loonies - the people to blame here are ultimately the fucking government. Why did we need to do this? If they weren't trying to score petty political points, this never would have happened. People aren't well informed enough to vote on shit like this - I would argue by design. And frankly, I would include myself in that. Normally this works out for the political elite as they can manipulate people into basically anything. Except this time when they've woefully underestimated how badly the general public want to give someone in the establishment, anyone, an absolute kicking.

We have never, and shout never, be a plebiscite democracy, if you want to know why, look at the CTs of this world, and tbf to CT, he's at least engaged in the debate. You can add the Rentons of this world too before CT starts wailing. Normal people simply do not have the ability to make this kind of decision for themselves and even if they do, they tend to vote for self interest motivations (especially the older generation).

That's why we elect governments to GOVERN us, it's their job. In the absence of government to make decisions, my personal instinct is to look for experts to guide us. They are virtually unanimous we should stay in but for reasons touched on in your post, it appears about half the plebs would rather trust NIGEL fucking FARAGE than the establishment. Unbelievable. :lol: