Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I can't see us getting a referendum on the matter any time soon, though Scotland leaving the Union would certainly strengthen the case for it.

The Brexit vote has made me reconsider whether a united Ireland would be such a bad thing and it certainly has made me more likely to back such a proposal.

I can't see us getting a referendum on the matter any time soon, though Scotland leaving the Union would certainly strengthen the case for it.

The Brexit vote has made me reconsider whether a united Ireland would be such a bad thing and it certainly has made me more likely to back such a proposal.

What is the argument against a united Ireland?

Politically, the Prods don't want to be ruled by Fenian bastards.

My concern has always been more economic but post-Brexit I really think NI will struggle with our economy and may well see a rise in paramilitarism should we face tough times and should a hard border be re-instated with the south.

I'm not entirely sure that the Republic of Ireland really want us though.

Politically, the Prods don't want to be ruled by Fenian bastards.

My concern has always been more economic but post-Brexit I really think NI will struggle with our economy and may well see a rise in paramilitarism should we face tough times and should a hard border be re-instated with the south.

I'm not entirely sure that the Republic of Ireland really want us though.

How raw are the wounds there? Is it one of these things where over time, each generation will care less about what went on and eventually people will come together and agree that it's a good move?

Also, why do you think they wouldn't want you? Same reasons?

How raw are the wounds there? Is it one of these things where over time, each generation will care less about what went on and eventually people will come together and agree that it's a good move?

Also, why do you think they wouldn't want you? Same reasons?

There's still more than enough bitter fucks to cause trouble and there will be for as long as I'm alive.

The Republic may not be able to afford us. Decades of violence and under-investment by consecutive British governments has meant that we aren't net contributors to the Treasury so it would be a strain on Irish finances to adopt us.

I understand. In the long term I think it'd be an economic boost for Ireland, but based on what you're saying about underinvestment I can see the more immediate challenge.

Presumably then it's best for everyone at the moment that you don't leave the union?

I understand. In the long term I think it'd be an economic boost for Ireland, but based on what you're saying about underinvestment I can see the more immediate challenge.

Presumably then it's best for everyone at the moment that you don't leave the union?

There would be a requirement for the British government to continue paying towards our costs for a certain period of time but seeing as they caused this situation in the first place it would only be right that they should do.

There would be a requirement for the British government to continue paying towards our costs for a certain period of time but seeing as they caused this situation in the first place it would only be right that they should do.

Agreed. Can't imagine there would be much opposition to such a move outside of people like UKIP anyway.

I would have said that UKIP covers all of them, but apparently they're now falling apart as Aaron Banks has taken his ball and gone home - and he's going to make a new party for the less intellectually endowed in the UK:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/14/ukip-donor-arron-banks-says-he-has-quit-party-to-set-up-ukip-20

He's going to set up a second UKIP apparently :lol: Fucking idiot.

Edited by Rayvin