Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2017-03-24/ukip-access-to-european-single-market-critical-for-welsh-farmers-post-brexit/

But we can only take advantage of this opportunity to reinvigorate our rural communities by ensuring that we, in Wales, do not lose out as a result of the vote to leave.

In the shorter term we have heard clear evidence that access to the Single Market place, continuation of financial support and assurances over migrant labour are critical priorities.

– MARK RECKLESS AM, CHAIR OF THE CLIMATE CHANGE, ENVIRONMENT AND RURAL AFFAIRS COMMITTEE

So the UKIP representative would like access to the single market, migrant workers and access to some sort of financial support for farmers. 

Does anyone know of any organisation that would provide such things?

I'd imagine there won't be that much of a fall. Triggering Art. 50 will have already been factored into the current price.

Agree with this - Article 50 is coming and this is well known by the markets. After the referendum it was a shock, but I'd be surprised to see another fall on the same scale.

The sad thing is that the Brexiters will probably crow about this as if this means that people are coming around to their way of thinking.

Proper toys out the pram tbh. No knighthood (:lol: :lol: :lol:) and he's not got the Ambassador to the USA gig. Meanwhile his party and its support is in tatters and he's becoming the irrelevance he always should've been. Canny legacy mind.

''A paper by the Center for European Policy (CEP), set to be presented in Berlin this week, delivers numbers of a similar magnitude. The comprehensive study on redistribution in the EU shows that the remaining EU member states, above all Germany, are facing significant additional burdens.

From 2008 to 2015, the United Kingdom's contribution to the EU rose each year, to the point that it ultimately became the third biggest net payer into the EU's budget, the paper notes, with the average yearly amount paid by Britain pegged at 6.5 billion euros during this period. The only countries that pay more for European unity are Germany and France.

In 2015, the study found, Britain was in second place: The British paid 12.7 billion euros more than they got back from the EU. By comparison, Germany paid 15.6 billion. The paper also determined that the British paid more into the EU per capita than Germany did that year. "After this country's withdrawal from the EU, this net amount will have to be redistributed among the other member states," writes CEP report author Matthias Kullas. "The other major net payers -- especially Germany, France and Italy -- will be facing significant additional costs."

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/brexit-to-cost-european-union-billions-a-1111724.html

Not unaffordable ones though, I would think.

BTW Parky, I remember you saying that this would never happen - that the banks and so on would collude behind the scenes to prevent Brexit happening. I'm not bringing this up to be awkward, but why do you think it's going through despite the harm it seems set to do to such powerful establishment actors?

BTW Parky, I remember you saying that this would never happen - that the banks and so on would collude behind the scenes to prevent Brexit happening. I'm not bringing this up to be awkward, but why do you think it's going through despite the harm it seems set to do to such powerful establishment actors?

because, believe it or not, democracy sometimes works, and the elite/establishment/corporate interests/msm or whichever arbitrary group you want to collectively blame don't control the world to to the extent parky says. 

because, believe it or not, democracy sometimes works, and the elite/establishment/corporate interests/msm or whichever arbitrary group you want to collectively blame don't control the world to to the extent parky says. 

Well, that's what I think too - I think control is achieved through narratives more than hardcoded into the system (with the exception of FPTP) but even so, I'm interested in his view on this because it must in some form represent something of a challenge to his worldview? And again, this isn't to be awkward, I'm just curious.

The banks have already cut a side deal or when all this shakes out in 2/3 years time we'll find that the banks had already cut a side deal. :D

The EU need the financial muscle, credit paper and financial instruments of the city. London has become the center of world financial arbitrage because it has over time attracted the finest minds.

All that's happened here is that the loony Shire wing of the Tory Party have by mistake fucked up the Establishment position on Europe.

Edited by Park Life

Well, that's what I think too - I think control is achieved through narratives more than hardcoded into the system (with the exception of FPTP) but even so, I'm interested in his view on this because it must in some form represent something of a challenge to his worldview? And again, this isn't to be awkward, I'm just curious.

Challenge to my world view? :lol:

The tirade in here due to Brexit and Truxit shows how much control the establishment and its cohorts have over the simple man. ;)

I suppose you could also argue that the powerbrokers in the City could very easily just abandon the UK. It's not like this is actually an existential crisis for them, just an inconvenience.