Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

59 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It's depressing. The Sunday Times runs a story that she's about to be ousted from her job by a hard Brexit "dream team"

If May goes then we probably will get a hard Brexit PM though. Rudd might give them a run for their money in Parliament but the Tory members would certainly vote in the likes of BJ or JRM.

Rudd is too risky after the last election surely? If she becomes PM, Labour will kill her off at the next election. Even if they have to spend half their overall budget to do it, it'd probably be worth it.

It'll be JRM.

I dunno, something like 55% of white women voted for Trump. 

And all Mogg has to do is come out and say that while this is his belief as a practicing Catholic, he's not going to implement it as a law - and then it's a moot point and he even manages to look like someone who sticks to his principles.

Really think he has the charisma to be a threat.

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Donald Trump would never have got to power in the UK btw. 

No but we got Brexit, which is just as offensive, annoying and destructive, but without the temporary status.

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Like it or not, the Kippers would rally to JRM. And he doesn't appear to be a total fucking idiot. As far as I'm concerned, this makes him a problem.

CT would be a good barometer on Rees Mogg. CT! Would you get down on your trotters and lap up the verbal diarrhea from Rees mogg?

51 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

CT would be a good barometer on Rees Mogg. CT! Would you get down on your trotters and lap up the verbal diarrhea from Rees mogg?

:lol: He's never even been a minister man, Not a chance of him getting the main gig. He's interesting because he rarely dodges a question and can talk well about most stuff he's asked. He's well schooled in most stuff political, think Fish and superhero films. Come to think of dresses similar as well. 

Bottom line is its a fag end government and there's very little talent in the government.

Runners and Riders:

Boris is all bluster but has a bit too much weasel in him and everyone can now see it. The membership would take him in a heartbeat but the MP's not so much.

Rudd has a majority of about 200 so too risky.

Hammond :lol:

Hunt has a decent enough brain, can handle the flak but has the charisma of fresh sick and even though its not his fault the NHS struggles, mud sticks.

Davis: :lol:

Gove: Well he's a very smart cookie and has done a very good job in his current brief. I think he would get things done and quickly but he stabbed Boris (which the membership might not forgive) and has one of those faces you'd like to punch. 

Really, there's no one else who could currently steal Mays crown in the short term. Even if one did the same problems of trying to hold both sides of the party together would still be there and her successor would be left trying to ride two horses with one arse. Tally Ho!

48 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

About as well as austerity has healed the country's finances. What a legacy. :lol:

Yep. Unbelievable really. Still in power as well. This country... as Partridge would say

On 31/01/2018 at 13:03, Christmas Tree said:

1. He was mentally ill.

2. The far right in this country have very little to do with mainstream politics. The far left could be running the country very soon.

If point 2 comes to pass, it will be because of the democratic will of the people, which is how the Brexit vote has legitimacy in your eyes.

Are you now saying that you only believe in democracy if you agree with the opinions of the majority?

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's not just me that think the far left are actual communists, right? Whereas Corbyn is more just 'left'.

Think it's been mentioned before but there was a Scandinavian politician or political analyst or somesuch commenting recently about how Corbyn was pretty much a mainstream politician by their standards. He is by ours really (i.e. what most people actually believe as opposed to how people vote based on perception).

• Like 1

Aye he sounds like he's keen on the Scandinavian model in general.

I'm sick of hearing about the far left though - the Communist Party in the UK has less than 1000 members. By contrast, the EDL was estimated to have about 25,000 members a few years back. I daresay it's fallen back a bit from there but still.

To consider the 'far left' as a problem in this country is fucking ludicrous. I'm tempted to say even the far right aren't really a 'problem' in the UK. What we have is a proper left wing vs right wing stand fight on our hands - for once. Not the far left vs the centre, as the Tories want to spin it to be.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye he sounds like he's keen on the Scandinavian model in general.

I'm sick of hearing about the far left though - the Communist Party in the UK has less than 1000 members. By contrast, the EDL was estimated to have about 25,000 members a few years back. I daresay it's fallen back a bit from there but still.

To consider the 'far left' as a problem in this country is fucking ludicrous. I'm tempted to say even the far right aren't really a 'problem' in the UK. What we have is a proper left wing vs right wing stand fight on our hands - for once. Not the far left vs the centre, as the Tories want to spin it to be.

It's refreshing that people started to see through it at the last election. A younger, more charimatic version of Corbyn (obviously they don't grow on trees) was possibly all it would've took for a Labour majority in the end.

• Like 2