Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

Heading for a zombie Brexit thanks to Remoaners. Hope they enjoy it.

Fancy parliament having a say in the country's future. Isn't democracy and sovereignty a bitch? 

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

Hey @Christmas Tree , care to tell us how today’s proceedings have affected the UK’s negotiating position?

Those wonderful remoaners are trying to implement a position where Parliament takes over the process if a deal is not reached by a certain date. All the EU now has to do is refuse to negotiate, wait til the last minute and get us to accept whatever scraps they want.

As I said, Zombie Brexit. Well played remoaners.

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

Those wonderful remoaners are trying to implement a position where Parliament takes over the process if a deal is not reached by a certain date. All the EU now has to do is refuse to negotiate, wait til the last minute and get us to accept whatever scraps they want.

It's interesting that most the Tory rebels are lawyers who actually understand what the EU is.

As I've said for ages there is simply no deal to negotiate. We have options based on preset models. FTA, EEA, EU, or WTO. There is little flexibility within any of these models because of WTO MFN rules, the EU cannot break these. The remainer Tories know that the first and last options are non viable because NTBs would be disastrous for our economy and peace in NI. It was always going to be thus.

Comes to something when I admire many Tories more than Labour MPs. It shows that Brexit should always have had cross party consensus. May of course knew better. Hope she's enjoying it. 

Continually saying it doesn’t make it any less of a blatant lie 

It is what parliamentary democracy is about and down to the giant fuck up your PM caused by her decision to force a new election where she lost a comfortable majority. It is also a clear indication why you shouldn’t let things of an importance like this be decided by a simple and properly very fragile majority.

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

It was a failsafe to ensure that no deal doesn't happen. Seems like a sensible plan of action to me.

If loyal Tories like CT hadn’t abandoned them at the last election then they wouldn’t have had these issues caused by their failure to gain a majority 

:CT:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

If loyal Tories like CT hadn’t abandoned them at the last election then they wouldn’t have had these issues caused by their failure to gain a majority 

:CT:

How very true :D

This is the thing that I find depressing with politics in this country. The Tories have been in power for long enough now that you couldn't really argue that the current 'plight' of the nation is anyone else's fault. And yet the day we will never see people like CT call the government out over its failings because no one in the UK has enough balls to admit they were wrong about anything.

I once thought that Corbyn would make a good leader of the Labour party on the grounds that he was listening to people and wasn't a cardboard cutout of a human being like many of the Blairites. I have since decided that while the latter point is true, I was sadly wrong about the former - he is ineffectual domestically and actively damaging on Europe. While I still have some hope that he might be able to ride the wave again in another election, I'm no longer sure that I would actually want him in power if he's going to sleepwalk us out of the EU anyway.

So there, CT - I was wrong about many of the things I hoped for with Corbyn. See? It didn't kill me.

Not that he's the only one on here incapable of doing this, of course ;)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Take back control!

Stop talking Britain Down!

Best PM of my lifetime!

MBGA!

Don't let the Parliament we're handing control back to have any say on the final deal

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This is the thing that I find depressing with politics in this country. The Tories have been in power for long enough now that you couldn't really argue that the current 'plight' of the nation is anyone else's fault. And yet the day we will never see people like CT call the government out over its failings because no one in the UK has enough balls to admit they were wrong about anything.

I once thought that Corbyn would make a good leader of the Labour party on the grounds that he was listening to people and wasn't a cardboard cutout of a human being like many of the Blairites. I have since decided that while the latter point is true, I was sadly wrong about the former - he is ineffectual domestically and actively damaging on Europe. While I still have some hope that he might be able to ride the wave again in another election, I'm no longer sure that I would actually want him in power if he's going to sleepwalk us out of the EU anyway.

So there, CT - I was wrong about many of the things I hoped for with Corbyn. See? It didn't kill me.

Not that he's the only one on here incapable of doing this, of course ;)

I'm happy to admit I've been wrong about virtually everything politically since 2015. I could never have imagined the complete disintegration of UK politics, the shear levels of stupidity and ignorance of our politicians, or the Trump effect. It's mind boggling. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm happy to admit I've been wrong about virtually everything politically since 2015. I could never have imagined the complete disintegration of UK politics, the shear levels of stupidity and ignorance of our politicians, or the Trump effect. It's mind boggling. 

Well sure, but that's different to picking a side and then accepting you were wrong about it. I'm not saying you should do that by the way, I'm just noting that CT and myself have to effectively turn around and say that yeah, what we thought was best, was wrong. That's the thing people can't do.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: left, right, goodnight

Votes in Cameron, votes against him on brexit, votes against the majority party that wants to push through his preferred brexit the hardest, blames the people who never wanted brexit in the first place for it not going well.

He can't help himself, Christmas Tree and the life of self sabotage by way of being a pathologically contrary prick 

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew said:

Votes in Cameron, votes against him on brexit, votes against the majority party that wants to push through his preferred brexit the hardest, blames the people who never wanted brexit in the first place for it not going well.

He can't help himself, Christmas Tree and the life of self sabotage by way of being a pathologically contrary prick 

He's just lashing out because he's fucked his kids over. Sad

4 minutes ago, Andrew said:

:lol: Savage.