Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know the overspending thing is against the rules but I'm not that bothered by a couple of hundred grand. 

The Russian / Cambridge Analtyica stuff on the other had should be investigated to fuck. 

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

I know the overspending thing is against the rules but I'm not that bothered by a couple of hundred grand. 

The Russian / Cambridge Analtyica stuff on the other had should be investigated to fuck. 

What's the point in having these rules if they are going to be adhered to? I'm not saying that it necessarily swayed the vote but they knowingly and deliberately broke the law in the most important vote of our generation. If we aren't going to be outraged by this then what will it take?

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

What's the point in having these rules if they are going to be adhered to? I'm not saying that it necessarily swayed the vote but they knowingly and deliberately broke the law in the most important vote of our generation. If we aren't going to be outraged by this then what will it take?

No one would like to see them jailed more than me but it isn't going to happen and fining rich people the amounts they can is pointless too. 

Declaring the result void is a non-starter on the money question. 

I get the impression the commission isnt really valid in the 21st century. 

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

The point is whether it effected the referendum result. 

That is impossible to prove. The point is that Vote Leave broke the law.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

No one would like to see them jailed more than me but it isn't going to happen and fining rich people the amounts they can is pointless too. 

Declaring the result void is a non-starter on the money question. 

I get the impression the commission isnt really valid in the 21st century. 

Well it has been passed to the police now so hopefully they'll be able to do more under criminal law.

A clause in the referendum legislation like that outlined by Rayvin to nullify the result in the case of election fraud would have been a good idea.

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That is impossible to prove. The point is that Vote Leave broke the law.

Yes, but so did all three parties at the last general election. It happens quite a lot. People are getting excited today due to the subject matter rather than the principal.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Yes, but so did all three parties at the last general election. It happens quite a lot. People are getting excited today due to the subject matter rather than the principal.

Link? It wasn't just the overspending, it was the collusion with what was supposed to be an independent campaign group.

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

A GE can be reversed. This can't. And you might disagree, but most people can see the country is in a mess. At the very least, surely even you can admit tubs that the actual running of the country has been completely neglected because of this shit storm. Oh aye, and then there's the FB data harvesting as well. 

Before the best PM of your life called this referendum, the EU was only an issue for 8% of the electorate. Now it's split the country in two and may very well break the union. Well done Cameron and the Conservative and Unionist party.

Edited by Renton

15 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Just viewing hard Brexxxit now, it's a classic.

18952878_10209620154608250_8393678759942

At this point I think I would trust all of those people to run the country over those who currently do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

A GE can be reversed. This can't. And you might disagree, but most people can see the country is in a mess. At the very least, surely even you can admit tubs that the actual running of the country has been completely neglected because of this shit storm. Oh aye, and then there's the FB data harvesting as well. 

Before the best PM of your life called this referendum, the EU was only an issue for 8% of the electorate. Now it's split the country in two and may very well break the union. Well done Cameron and the Conservative and Unionist party.

Putting aside record employment figures and rising wages announced today, a lot of the Brexit mess is simply down to the establishment trying to thwart Brexit and labour playing games. 

Ive warned about this for ages :(

OBR have reported that there will indeed be no "brexit dividend" which no 10. have now come out and argued against. 

So the government is now openly arguing against organisations whose advice and figures they are legally required to base policy on.

28 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Putting aside record employment figures and rising wages announced today, a lot of the Brexit mess is simply down to the establishment trying to thwart Brexit and labour playing games. 

Ive warned about this for ages :(

Sometimes you have to take those figures with a pinch of salt and it's also very important to look at the actual jobs being created. My place take on quite a few people on a regular basis. Great! Trouble is they're almost always zero hour contract jobs where the poor cunts are only guaranteed 8 hours a week, have shifts cancelled last minute, get sent home after four hours if they've made it into work and the job goes tits up, (doesn't matter a jot if it's 3 o'clock in the morning and they've no transport or even if they're male or female), they are under more pressure to do unreasonable requests or face not getting shifts, I have absolutely no idea how they get on with stuff like working tax credits/housing benefits etc as there's no way any social benefits system could keep up with the often weekly variances in work. There's far more of these jobs around I'm afraid. When a permanent employee leaves, which happens regularly once they can get their pension, maybe a 1/4 if that are replaced by zero hours lads getting made full time. This and the general 'gig economy' isn't something to be celebrated, man. It's fucking shit and other than niche jobs or the odd example like yourself where it suits your circumstances, I'm afraid the majority who I see living this way are anything but happy. 

• Like 3

Thick cunt seems unaffected by the last time he bought a load of lies from politicians. Serve him up another plate of shit sarnies and he'll tuck right in.

Wait til his kids are trying to find work in the post Brexit north east that he's gifted them. Then it might sink in that these record employment figures are not what they seem.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Sometimes you have to take those figures with a pinch of salt and it's also very important to look at the actual jobs being created. My place take on quite a few people on a regular basis. Great! Trouble is they're almost always zero hour contract jobs where the poor cunts are only guaranteed 8 hours a week, have shifts cancelled last minute, get sent home after four hours if they've made it into work and the job goes tits up, (doesn't matter a jot if it's 3 o'clock in the morning and they've no transport or even if they're male or female), they are under more pressure to do unreasonable requests or face not getting shifts, I have absolutely no idea how they get on with stuff like working tax credits/housing benefits etc as there's no way any social benefits system could keep up with the often weekly variances in work. There's far more of these jobs around I'm afraid. When a permanent employee leaves, which happens regularly once they can get their pension, maybe a 1/4 if that are replaced by zero hours lads getting made full time. This and the general 'gig economy' isn't something to be celebrated, man. It's fucking shit and other than niche jobs or the odd example like yourself where it suits your circumstances, I'm afraid the majority who I see living this way are anything but happy. 

He knows all this. He really is a fucking cunt.

17 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Hey, I don’t disagree that there’s some shit employers and shit working practices but a hell of a lot of that stems from practices put in place under New Labour.

That said, today’s figures are still good news.

Record employment figures.

3 million extra jobs since 2010.

75% of those new jobs are full time and permanent.

70% are higher level occupations.

less than 3% are zero hour contracts.