Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My graft has been told that they need to order 6 weeks worth of stock from our overseas supplier in preparation of the Brexit date and, luckily, I'm the silly prick that's got to organise it all. Cheers, Cameron. You're making my life as a misery, even when you're bucking pigs in Barbados. 

Not just Sunderland to be fair, although the concentration of absolute fuck wits seems extremely high there. There’s a lad at work who was arguing straight after Brexit Nissan wouldn’t move because of the costs and logistics. I said just about any other country in Europe would happily heavily subsidise any move. The same lad thought Brexit wasnt going to that bad because  the pound briefly rallied against other currencies a while back. 3 guesses where he’s from 

Can't believe how much Newcastle airport has changed since my last trip a year ago. Passport control has more than quadrupled in size, with I think 12 passport check points. Cordons everywhere, mildly threatening posters telling you not to use your phone, loiter, and that they will find out if you are a wrong un. A line marking the point where you are on UK soil. Surly controllers and highly visible presence from Northumbria police. Clearly in preparation for Brexit?

Newcastle is a provincial airport with I suspect 90% of flights catering for domestic or EU holiday destinations. I can only assume this is an attempt to intimidate EU citizens. Also our one flight from a 737 took more than half an hour to process. Nearly everyone would have been a UK citizen. Welcome to May's Britain.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Renton said:

Can't believe how much Newcastle airport has changed since my last trip a year ago. Passport control has more than quadrupled in size, with I think 12 passport check points. Cordons everywhere, mildly threatening posters telling you not to use your phone, loiter, and that they will find out if you are a wrong un. A line marking the point where you are on UK soil. Surly controllers and highly visible presence from Northumbria police. Clearly in preparation for Brexit?

Newcastle is a provincial airport with I suspect 90% of flights catering for domestic or EU holiday destinations. I can only assume this is an attempt to intimidate EU citizens. Also our one flight from a 737 took more than half an hour to process. Nearly everyone would have been a UK citizen. Welcome to May's Britain.

Do they have those electronic passport gates?

I've tried to use them the last few times I've flown back to Gatwick or Heathrow but they just don't work for me and it seems to be a common problem. 

5 hours ago, Renton said:

The ferry port isn’t welcoming either. Border control does take ages and the staff seem to be under instructions to make people feel as unwanted as possible. They couldn’t read my wife’s passport due to technical problems but behaved as if she had a fake one.

I wonder what will happen to the DSDF city trips after Brexit as they don’t make a lot sense if all you will see from your time is the queue at border control before you have to go back on the ship.

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What is the EU's deal at this point in time? Norway?

If it's Norway we may as well fucking stay in.

I doubt it. The EU have been respectful of our red lines and have shown us what is available based on those. It's up to Theresa May to decide whether she wants to removes some of those red lines in return for increased market access.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I doubt it. The EU have been respectful of our red lines and have shown us what is available based on those. It's up to Theresa May to decide whether she wants to removes some of those red lines in return for increased market access.

Willy waving nearly over. Not long and it will all be sorted.

17 minutes ago, Bottled Dog said:

Fuck off.

:lol: 11 years since your last post and it takes a Brexititeer to get you posting again.

Keegan....Ashley.....Pardew......frozen grapes?

Almost has the smell of a 2nd account ;)

Welcome back regardless.

14 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was such a brutal attack I can understand why you blocked it out.

I assume you are talking about the bairn Ayatollah? :lol:

Nah, nothing of substance and just hanging out of Alex’s arse as normal. There was never anything aimed at Tropyshy (as Trophyshy knows). 

The fact that a few ignorants who never have anything of substance substance to say about politics, get upset because I’m centre right is their problem not mine. 

As for middle class types calling working class folk cunt on the Internet well :lol:

Anyway, the next 3 months are going to be brutal. Live up.

Edited by Christmas Tree

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I assume you are talking about the bairn Ayatollah? :lol:

Nah, nothing of substance and just hanging out of Alex’s arse as normal. There was never anything aimed at Tropyshy (as Trophyshy knows). 

The fact that a few ignorants who never have anything of substance substance to say about politics, get upset because I’m centre right is their problem not mine. 

As for middle class types calling working class folk cunt on the Internet well :lol:

Anyway, the next 3 months are going to be brutal. Live up.

Wow it cut you worse than I thought 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You don’t have to sound quite so excited. These are people’s livelihoods in the balance.

Our livelihoods are always in the balance. Taxi drivers have to contend with Uber cutting earnings and driverless cars. Let’s face it, most people don’t give a fuck unless it effects them or theirs. We could all use bank branches or shop in shops but we don’t.

Politics is a living breathing thing. If you don’t get fired up by it you’re dead imo.