Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the market turmoil is bad news for peoples' pensions across the country.

those who were attacking the EU for a lack of democracy now face the prospect of an unelected leader - well done.

i was never a fan of cameron but you have to say as far as tories go, he's a centrist. the next lot could be a lot, lot worse.

Edited by Dr Gloom

It's going to be Boris Johnson, isn't it? :(

Theresa May will get it. (The PM job, not 'it').

She's kept out the way for a reason. Johnson won't be as popular with some of his party.

Theresa May will get it. (The PM job, not 'it').

She's kept out the way for a reason. Johnson won't be as popular with some of his party.

He only needs to make it to the final two then the idiot membership will vote him in.

This is a fucking disaster. Personally I am livid because I work in science research, totally publicly (mostly European) funded. My career prospects and my prospect of one day getting a full time lecturer position have just taken a massive nose dive because UK universities are going to be fucked. I've grafted my bollocks off for over 10 years and, although I hope I'm overreacting, the future looks very worrying. I don't blame the people who voted, they're mostly victims of the same system that has been slowly screwing them for 30 odd years, but I just wish there was a bit less gullibility around and I'm fuming at Cameron, Farage, Johnson, Murdoch and all the rest of the horrible wankers who've either allowed or actively encouraged this to happen. It's so frustrating to know that it was mostly older people who voted for this as well, i.e. the people who have to live with the consequences for the shortest time. Depressing as fuck, Christ knows what's going to happen to this country now but it just feels like really dark times are on the way.

There is still a slight chance that the EU will offer further concessions and we go back to the polls. Highly unlikely though. :(

We can hope. :(

This is a fucking disaster. Personally I am livid because I work in science research, totally publicly (mostly European) funded. My career prospects and my prospect of one day getting a full time lecturer position have just taken a massive nose dive because UK universities are going to be fucked. I've grafted my bollocks off for over 10 years and, although I hope I'm overreacting, the future looks very worrying. I don't blame the people who voted, they're mostly victims of the same system that has been slowly screwing them for 30 odd years, but I just wish there was a bit less gullibility around and I'm fuming at Cameron, Farage, Johnson, Murdoch and all the rest of the horrible wankers who've either allowed or actively encouraged this to happen. It's so frustrating to know that it was mostly older people who voted for this as well, i.e. the people who have to live with the consequences for the shortest time. Depressing as fuck, Christ knows what's going to happen to this country now but it just feels like really dark times are on the way.

:(

On that note of people from the EU will they have to get a visa to study here?

Genuinely sorry to hear that, I used to work in cancer research but moved out the field partly because of the constant uncertainty surrounding grant funding. I'm afraid I really can't see Boris replacing EU money on these grants.

Still, what do I know? CT says it will be business as usual so hopefully it'll be alright.

There is still a slight chance that the EU will offer further concessions and we go back to the polls. Highly unlikely though. :(

Considering we have literally no idea where we stand now, surely a referendum will have to be held once we know the options are? I suspect we are going to get one hell of a shoeing from Europe in the mean time.

Genuinely sorry to hear that, I used to work in cancer research but moved out the field partly because of the constant uncertainty surrounding grant funding. I'm afraid I really can't see Boris replacing EU money on these grants.

Still, what do I know? CT says it will be business as usual so hopefully it'll be alright.

Sure there'll be a little bump and grind, no disastrous political move would go totally smoothly, but, times a great healer, and before you can say '90p a euro'....Bong! Things will be all settled and normal again. Same old Tories, putting the mess right again. /CT

:(

On that note of people from the EU will they have to get a visa to study here?

No idea - as with everything else now, it's totally uncertain - but I would have assumed so. That's also going to hit UK universities, because they've benefited from being able to attract top people from around Europe with the promise of excellent conditions and good salaries.

Cheers mate, aye an already uncertain sector has just become a hundred times more uncertain

So far, I've encountered Remainers who look like they're about to cry, and Brexiters who look utterly terrified of what they've just done. We're fucked.

I think this is utterly seismic, not just because of the economic mutilation we've committed on ourselves and on our European partners, but because the political landscape is completely fucked. Ironically, as a nation, we've never been so divided. Issues around Scotland, London, and northern Ireland. Age and working. Ex pats and EU people living here. Foreign investment, Stirling, and the markets. Potential for the EU to disintegrate (which would be catastrophic. Trump. At times like this an absolute requirement is strong leadership. Our weak as piss leader has just quit. I'm actually scared.