Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/27/britain-boris-cricket-leave-lies-referendum-promises

"... the chief purpose of Johnsons column seemed to be to assure Britain he had Taken Back Control of his sphincter muscles."

“The pound is stable,” explained Johnson, minutes before the pound was revealed to have fallento a 31-year low, on a morning of financial activity we’ll call Episode V: The Experts Strike Back

:lol:

Britain’s number 5 tennis player James Ward has made a surprising intervention into the Brexit debate on the opening day of Wimbledon, urging people to “stop panicking” and revealing that he had voted to leave and was happy with his decision.

In a press conference immediately after his straight sets defeat by the defending champion Novak Djokovic, Ward said: “Yeah, I voted out. I’m not fussed saying it. I don’t know others who are or not. But yeah, I voted out. I’m happy with my decision.”

Ward, the son of a London black cabbie who is being sponsored at the tournament by the Sun newspaper, added: “I think we’ll be all right. Everyone needs to stop panicking and we’ll be fine.”

He declined to give his reasons, and said he wasn’t overly worried that life on the tour would be more expensive following the collapse in the pound. “It’s still an expensive life out there anyway. I don’t think it’s going to change too much.”

[emoji38] Hard not to draw a parallel between the job his dad does and how similar his comments are to our own taxi driving friend.

Britain’s number 5 tennis player James Ward has made a surprising intervention into the Brexit debate on the opening day of Wimbledon, urging people to “stop panicking” and revealing that he had voted to leave and was happy with his decision.

In a press conference immediately after his straight sets defeat by the defending champion Novak Djokovic, Ward said: “Yeah, I voted out. I’m not fussed saying it. I don’t know others who are or not. But yeah, I voted out. I’m happy with my decision.”

Ward, the son of a London black cabbie who is being sponsored at the tournament by the Sun newspaper, added: “I think we’ll be all right. Everyone needs to stop panicking and we’ll be fine.”

He declined to give his reasons, and said he wasn’t overly worried that life on the tour would be more expensive following the collapse in the pound. “It’s still an expensive life out there anyway. I don’t think it’s going to change too much.”

[emoji38] Hard not to draw a parallel between the job his dad does and how similar his comments are to our own taxi driving friend.

Also worth noting the fact that he is sponsored by the Sun...

Every labour MP to resign in protest at Corbyn on the grounds that we must have an effective opposition abstained in the 2015 vote on Tory welfare cuts.

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire.

Labour is finished.

If a snap general election is called, UKIP, despite the fact it now has no reason for existing, would end up making enormous gains due to the Tories having no clue what to do next, and the Labour party being a complete waste of time.

CT for fucks sake, this must be starting to sink in now.

Sure there'll ups and downs but like a rubber ball, it'll be bouncing back up again. Like the famous English philosopher, George Bernard Shaw said, 'what goes up, must come down and vice versa'.

In other news, the PLP conference appears to be on the brink of descending into a full blown shouting match, and there's a huge rally outside backing Corbyn, largely made up of the SWP. Hard to argue the party hasn't been hijacked on that evidence, albeit it's only a small proportion of the overall Corbyn voter base.

I think as JJ said, Labour is fucked.

Who's going to save you now, CT?

CT for fucks sake, this must be starting to sink in now.

Just got in and had a quick scroll through :lol:

What can I say. There's a mood in the elitest media and the guardian class, that is so bitter they just want to focus on the negative. (Note, I don't include those who are genuinely scared or worried for their personal circumstances).

Same is happening in hear to some degree with a search for the gloomiest stories or tweets.

We are only 4 days in to a process that is envisaged to last 2-3 years.

The political situation is complicated because the PM has resigned and its up to the new PM to make the strategic decisions. NOT Boris.

Article 50 hasn't started and Cameron set out today what was currently underway in government to lay the way for the negotiations to begin.

The financial situation. I think I mentioned on here well before the vote that we may well go through a recession. We may, we may not, but as I've pointed out several times (to gloom), perspective is lacking (more likely ignored) when looking at what has happened so far.

My decision. So far, I am still happy about the vote and still believe (as I've said many times), that we will be a stronger, more prosperous, more democratic country when the deal is done.

My main criteria are outside the EU and able to trade freely with who we like, including EU. I would like more control of WHO we let in, but immigration has never been a decider for me so if we end up with free movement I'll still be happy.

As for Labour. I can't quite believe what's going on. The party is killing itself live on TV. UKIP must be loving this.

So as things stand, everything that has occurred you're saying has been both expected, and not serious?

Comes down to perspective.

Told there would be punishment budget within a fortnight. There's not.

You saw my reply to gloom this morning about where sterling, ftse 100 and 250 are compared to recent levels (within the last 6 months).

Virtually every market commentator has said there is a correction going on because the markets have risen recently because they gambled on an in vote.

Expecting campaigners to have a plan ready to go when they are not in charge of the government and therefore have no authority is daft really.

Just got in and had a quick scroll through :lol:

What can I say. There's a mood in the elitest media and the guardian class, that is so bitter they just want to focus on the negative. (Note, I don't include those who are genuinely scared or worried for their personal circumstances).

Same is happening in hear to some degree with a search for the gloomiest stories or tweets.

We are only 4 days in to a process that is envisaged to last 2-3 years.

The political situation is complicated because the PM has resigned and its up to the new PM to make the strategic decisions. NOT Boris.

Article 50 hasn't started and Cameron set out today what was currently underway in government to lay the way for the negotiations to begin.

The financial situation. I think I mentioned on here well before the vote that we may well go through a recession. We may, we may not, but as I've pointed out several times (to gloom), perspective is lacking (more likely ignored) when looking at what has happened so far.

My decision. So far, I am still happy about the vote and still believe (as I've said many times), that we will be a stronger, more prosperous, more democratic country when the deal is done.

My main criteria are outside the EU and able to trade freely with who we like, including EU. I would like more control of WHO we let in, but immigration has never been a decider for me so if we end up with free movement I'll still be happy.

As for Labour. I can't quite believe what's going on. The party is killing itself live on TV. UKIP must be loving this.

I don't think things are running smoothly for the conservatives either. Where is Gove? Where is de Pfeffer? Their disappearance speaks volumes. #businessasusual Edited by Renton

Is that your new destination.

I've been and not that keen tbh, it was cold, strangely enough. Still planning on Scotland which isn't quite so cold. Depending on events, obviously.

I don't think things are running smoothly for the conservatives either. Where is Gove? Where is de Pfeffer? Their disappearance speaks volumes. #businessasusual

Probably desperately counting to see if they are going to make final two. Wouldn't surprise me to see May get it, although she's always struck me as a bit rabbit in the headlights.

Probably desperately counting to see if they are going to make final two. Wouldn't surprise me to see May get it, although she's always struck me as a bit rabbit in the headlights.

Poisoned chalice, she'll leave it. If Johnson doesn't go for it, he is finished. If he does go for it, he is finished. Shambles of a man and Shambles of a country. Honestly, you must be just about the only person not concerned by this.