Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh well. Have the DUP and ERG seen the legal text? Do they have the numbers if the some tory rebels vote against this and assuming the labour ones won't on account that the level playing field has been removed?

This doesn't feel great, I think I am at the stage where I hate everyone, including the EU. The damage Johnson will do in 5 years is unimaginable.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Wait what? How is he going to do that. Where is he getting the numbers from?

I'm guessing he hopes the pressure now builds on them to change their mind. If so then he's dealing with the wrong people.

Alternatively he's willing to back a second referendum on his deal.

Just now, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So, what’s the crack now? The deal has to be pushed through parliament? Great news for people who love long drawn out parcels of shite.

It's like Christmas come early for me.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

So, what’s the crack now? The deal has to be pushed through parliament? Great news for people who love long drawn out parcels of shite.

Or people who don't value working rights like holidays, sick pay, TUPE protection etc. 

Just now, Renton said:

And why is Juncker facilitating this madness?

Tbf to the EU, if it does go to a referendum then they'll look better for voters having attempted to make this work, than actively trying to block it.

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Or people who don't value working rights like holidays, sick pay, TUPE protection etc. 

:lol: Thank you for informing me of the severity of all of this, I hadn’t grasped it until just now. This is going to drag on for another lifetime, man, put the noose down.

• Haha 1

Just now, ewerk said:

Not true. We can still revoke.

Yes but we both know they won't do that. The political bravery required is just not there. There'll be a movement for it, probably from Swinson, but I'm not even sure Labour would get behind it unless there was certainty it would win.

I made a post a couple of days back about how it seemed that the No Deal gambit was about scaring Parliament and not the EU - I stand by that. The EU are now poised, in a stunning turnaround, to force the UK to vote for a deal using the threat of No Deal, with the blessing of the UK government. No Deal was the threat to get the super right wing version of Brexit past Parliament, that's all it ever was IMO.

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: Thank you for informing me of the severity of all of this, I hadn’t grasped it until just now. This is going to drag on for another lifetime, man, put the noose down.

:D Fair enough, most people haven't bothered understanding what this means though. It should scare every working PAYE employee shitless,  but it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yes but we both know they won't do that. The political bravery required is just not there. There'll be a movement for it, probably from Swinson, but I'm not even sure Labour would get behind it unless there was certainty it would win.

I made a post a couple of days back about how it seemed that the No Deal gambit was about scaring Parliament and not the EU - I stand by that. The EU are now poised, in a stunning turnaround, to force the UK to vote for a deal using the threat of No Deal, with the blessing of the UK government. No Deal was the threat to get the super right wing version of Brexit past Parliament, that's all it ever was IMO.

I'd bet money on Parliament revoking rather than letting no deal happen.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'd bet money on Parliament revoking rather than letting no deal happen.

Yeah but it's whether they prefer revoke to this deal. They'll look past the vote on this deal and see only two remaining options. They have no mandate at all to revoke other than it being in the best interests of the country. They'll take the deal.

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

this deal doesn't have the numbers unless a referendum is attached 

It does if the EU come out and say it's this or no deal. That's also how Johnson negates the extension - if he's managed to get the EU to agree not to give an extension to force this deal through, then Parliament will vote for it because the only alternative is revoke and they just won't do that.

Only remaining chance is amending it with the referendum but do we have the numbers for that? The Labour rebels won't back it based on what they've said so far.