Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

What does everyone think? Brinkmanship or are the Brits actually going for no deal?

I always believed common sense would prevail. It is in nobody’s interest to erect trade barriers. It’s going to be shite for the EU, even worse for us. A failure of statecraft on both sides. And yet both sides seem be boxed into a corner. How do we reach a compromise from here without another extension, which doesn’t exactly chime with getting Brexit  done?

Really? Have you seen who the EU are dealing with here? I think the unity and calmness they have shown is remarkable. 

• Like 1

Yeah the EU have been almost faultless in this process tbf. They set out exactly what the situation was 4 years ago and have stuck to it all the way through. It's hard to imagine how they could possibly have been any more transparent.

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Maybe the only way we ever rejoin the EU is to go over the cliff first. Start again from ground zero 

And lose all the perks we had as a founding member, not to mention any sliver of respect we may have had. 

It’s a plan who’s genius is in it’s simplicity. :lol:

I've been reading a few opinions on this and I actually think rejoining is extremely unlikely now.

They'd insist on the Euro for starters. And they'll also take the opportunity to move the union on politically towards greater integration, every step resulting in more and more people in the UK getting cold feet.

It seems highly improbable.

Edited by Rayvin

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

What does everyone think? Brinkmanship or are the Brits actually going for no deal?

I always believed common sense would prevail. It is in nobody’s interest to erect trade barriers. It’s going to be shite for the EU, even worse for us. A failure of statecraft on both sides. And yet both sides seem be boxed into a corner. How do we reach a compromise from here without another extension, which doesn’t exactly chime with getting Brexit  done?

It was to be expected. With the EU having to protect the integrity of the common market there has been no room for allowing any sort of cherry picking or cake eating.

37 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It was to be expected. With the EU having to protect the integrity of the common market there has been no room for allowing any sort of cherry picking or cake eating.

Y dID no1 waRn uz b4?

1C0F3E15-3357-4B9B-9B80-D48B896A2C88.jpeg

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I mean, I know you’re right but I thought they would offer something. Even if was symbolic. Some weird gesture on fish which Johnson could use as cover 

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I genuinely didn’t expect us to go for no deal. It’s absolute lunacy 

11 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

And lose all the perks we had as a founding member, not to mention any sliver of respect we may have had. 

It’s a plan who’s genius is in it’s simplicity. :lol:

I mean the pain of no deal might make the country think, hey - maybe this wasn’t worth it after all? Those who voted for economic suicide will have to own it. Maybe only then will they realise 

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean the pain of no deal might make the country think, hey - maybe this wasn’t worth it after all? Those who voted for economic suicide will have to own it. Maybe only then will they realise 

It will never be their own fault

93344A62-0B8D-43C3-8D33-770BCDD6FF05.png

Was just about to post my weekly Marr rant. What an utter fucking arsehole Marr is, he needs to pensioned off ASAP. And well done to Miliband eviscerating him, he was both logical, passionate, and right. He would have made an excellent PM. If only he old eat a bacon sandwich......

• Like 1

People are fuckin furious this weekend :lol:

You can’t make a “tangible benefit” case to people who voted for a principle, leading to a fleeting feeling in a couple of weeks time...then?..... I think if the vaccine is delivered in a semi competent manner Covid will play second fiddle to the myriad of unintended consequences that we’ll be fuckin deluged with for the next 18 months. Can’t wait  :)