Europe?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ewerk

• Renton

• Rayvin

• Christmas Tree

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

"Class"   From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

I’ve just had to break the news that there’ll be no chicken dippers for tea. Wife’s in tears, thanks @Ant

Sure just dander round the corner to moypark :lol:

it's what they voted for

We're fresh out of fresh food! Supermarket shelves are hit by Brexit port chaos and staff shortages as stores start to run low on fruit and veg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9132689/Supermarket-shelves-hit-Brexit-port-chaos-staff-shortages-stores-run-low-fruit-veg.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

image.png.68f259f5d94bc4e291cf06f9eae582ce.png

While you'd have to say there's some merit in the principle - given that globalisation trends are a big part of what drives Brexit/right-wing populism, and nowadays there's obviously a strong environmental case for producing as much as possible at home - if what Redwood says had ever been the true aim of Brexit then they'd have started working on this stuff the day after the referendum. Since the beautiful British countryside doesn't appear to have been turned into vast swathes of polytunnels and greenhouses like you see when you travel between cities in the Netherlands, however, I can only assume this to be yet more bullshit to appease gullible fantasists.

It's bullshit. The UK doesn't have the space or climate to be self sufficient in foodstuffs. Makes sense to import from neighbouring countries, not different continents. As for manufacturing, more bullshit. Our domestic market is too small for the complexities of modern supply chains. Plus we have next to no natural resources so have to import raw materials anyway, who pays for that? Being in the EEA gave us a domestic market of 500 million with supply chains spanning countries, we are fucked without that.

We've fucked highe end manufacturing and services. We've even managed to fuck up fish. Genius. 

never understood that brits abroad mentality: flying to magafluf or benidorm then heading down to the prince of wales for few pints of carling before tucking into a roast dinner or shepherd's pie on a sunday afternoon in 35 degree heat 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

never understood that brits abroad mentality: flying to magafluf or benidorm then heading down to the prince of wales for few pints of carling before tucking into a roast dinner or shepherd's pie on a sunday afternoon in 35 degree heat 

I get it, do what you love to do normally but in much nicer weather.

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I get it, do what you love to do normally but in much nicer weather.

shepherd's pie though? a good old hearty plate of british grub in mediterranean heat?