Europe?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ewerk

• Renton

• Rayvin

• Christmas Tree

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

"Class"   From the bloke that brushed off Trophyshy's redundancy with absolutely no compassion. Not to mention that your favourite hobby is logging on here to wind people up about the things

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Toonpack said:

Lot's of drivers are paid by the "Km travelled" sitting not moving for 2 extra days is not an incentive ;)

The salaried one's companies will just pass on those extra costs.

Saw something yesterday where drivers were complaining that their allowed hours driving expired whilst waiting for the check's to be done and they had no-where to go, their tachographs will log they were driving illegally if they move on.

Utter carnage.

Conversely I have heard many European hauliers (which make up 85% of personnel involved with UK EU freight movement) are paid per job. If they are stuck for days in a covid infested Kent lorry park they won't get paid. Many will just sack it off. What then? 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Conversely I have heard many European hauliers (which make up 85% of personnel involved with UK EU freight movement) are paid per job. If they are stuck for days in a covid infested Kent lorry park they won't get paid. Many will just sack it off. What then? 

Then we eat turnips and beetroot

(per job rate will likely be calculated on distance to travel I reckon).

3 day jobs taking 5 near on 40% reduction in their earning potential.

Edited by Toonpack
3 minutes ago, NJS said:

I read the Falklands are fucked as well - they sell 60% of their fish to the EU and now face tariffs. 

Maybe they can do what Gibraltar has done and join Schenghen! 🤪

17 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No cherry picking!

Plus there would still have to be some checks and paperwork to ensure that what is in the lorry is what is stated.

Aye, these are not teething issues, these are intractable issues caused by leaving the single market which we will have to live with forever. It will make our exports unattractive, our imports expensive, and as for services...

Without watching more than about 10 seconds of that video, surely that infers leaving the EU had made illegal immigration worse. As for the patter about the fishing industry, they’re fucked. In 5 years time they’ll still be fucked 

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I have never met a person in my entire life that makes their living fishing. 

I have :) - My ex neighbour (15 years ago) was a salmon fisherman (out of Blyth) one small coble type boat all sold locally

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

So, we have a German poster positively radiating schadenfreude on us, quoting a  tweet from a polish wagon driver who refers to our wonderful country as, and I quote, the "United Whoredom".

This, gentlemen, is why we we were right to leave this vile corrupt organisation. Don't they remember who won the war? 

• Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Renton said:

So, we have a German poster positively radiating schadenfreude on us, quoting a  tweet from a polish wagon driver who refers to our wonderful country as, and I quote, the "United Whoredom".

This, gentlemen, is why we we were right to leave this vile corrupt organisation. Don't they remember who won the war? 

I would like to feel schadenfreude,  but unfortunately it is just utter bewilderment and anger.

We had a Christmas parcel that couldn’t get sent in time because if the covid restrictions. We tried to send it after new year and it’s costing more than double to send.

18 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Public apologies from the likes of these please. If we're going to have to live with this shitshow, the least I want to see is some fucking humility.

Well at least we haven't got people on gravy trains soaking us dry anymore eh.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

this seriously isn't news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55734277

we have known this would be the case for years now - ever since theresa may's lancaster house speech when the tory party decided that brexit meant leaving the single market.

the headline should really be: brexit voters get what they voted for

Edited by Dr Gloom