Jump to content

Europe?  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Moaning and incessantly attacking people's intelligence are different animals. 

Ah, Remoaners sticking to moaning but not being nasty is all you do want?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ewerk

    3446

  • Renton

    2676

  • Rayvin

    2323

  • Christmas Tree

    1912

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Club Tropicana (CT remix '18)   Let me take you to the place Where membership's Britain's disgrace Blue flag with lots of stars. Where strangers take you by the hand And welcome you

Posted Images

I have to say mate, I'm further than I've ever been from caring about political unity or finding common ground with people on the other side of the debate in this country.

 

I'm still fucking pissed about it. I don't see why I should be quiet about that just to make some leave voters feel like we're all unified. I have never felt less British than I do right now, and I'm struggling to see what in their 'vision of the country' I would even want to unify on.

 

Live and let burn is pretty much where I am at the minute :lol: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I have to say mate, I'm further than I've ever been from caring about political unity or finding common ground with people on the other side of the debate in this country.

 

I'm still fucking pissed about it. I don't see why I should be quiet about that just to make some leave voters feel like we're all unified. I have never felt less British than I do right now, and I'm struggling to see what in their 'vision of the country' I would even want to unify on.

 

Live and let burn is pretty much where I am at the minute :lol: 

I mean the hostility in politics is just tiring exhausting and outright depressing at the moment. What happened to respectfully disagreeing on issues?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

I mean the hostility in politics is just tiring exhausting and outright depressing at the moment. What happened to respectfully disagreeing on issues?

 

I think respectfully disagreeing is only possible when everyone is arguing honestly. If someone is taking disingenuous or obviously poorly informed viewpoints, and treats facts that counter these views as personal attacks, then there's really no room for respectful disagreement. I would still, to this day, have a respectful conversation with a leave voter if they were prepared to engage on it properly.

 

I would also contend that your average leave voter has more of an emotional attachment to leaving, rather than a rational one. Whereas you average remain voter is the other way around. Hard to join that really.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

How's the social anxiety anyway @Rayvin? I recently discovered Pregabalin. Bliss.

 

I'm trying to talk about politics less :lol: 

 

It's still not great really but lockdown ending and the return to socialising is helping me somewhat, as I'm sure it is everyone else.

 

Is Pregablin over the counter? I'm considering medicating for it in truth.

Edited by Rayvin
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rayvin said:

 

I think respectfully disagreeing is only possible when everyone is arguing honestly. If someone is taking disingenuous or obviously poorly informed viewpoints, and treats facts that counter these views as personal attacks, then there's really no room for respectful disagreement. I would still, to this day, have a respectful conversation with a leave voter if they were prepared to engage on it properly.

 

I would also contend that your average leave voter has more of an emotional attachment to leaving, rather than a rational one. Whereas you average remain voter is the other way around. Hard to join that really.

It has to get to a point where you realise that arguing with them is achieving nothing though. Let them reap what they've sewn. Things might even end up okay eventually 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

 

I'm trying to talk about politics less :lol: 

 

It's still not great really but lockdown ending and the return to socialising is helping me somewhat, as I'm sure it is everyone else.

 

Is Pregablin over the counter? I'm considering medicating for it in truth.

Over the counter on telegram mate :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheGingerQuiff said:

It has to get to a point where you realise that arguing with them is achieving nothing though. Let them reap what they've sewn. Things might even end up okay eventually 

 

Well yeah but I think to some extent that's what has/is happening. People in here sharing stories about Brexit being a fuck up is just for consumption within an echo chamber. It's nice to have validation that there are other people out there as frustrated by it as I am.

 

I don't go out of my way to argue with Brexit voters, it's really a non-issue for me day to day other than that I still think it's fucking stupid. I mean I take the point though, I have tried to step back from a lot of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Aye. Presenting arguments in a less hostile fashion would go some way to preventing polarised politics. On both sides.

Exactly, it’s working both ways. You can’t make politics divisive and hostile for years until you get what you want, but then expect niceties once you are on the receiving end just to “move forward”.

Brexiteers just reap what they sow.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Exactly, it’s working both ways. You can’t make politics divisive and hostile for years until you get what you want, but then expect niceties once you are on the receiving end just to “move forward”.

Brexiteers just reap what they sow.

It certainly wasn't nearly as vitriolic as this before the referendum was called 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The vaccine rollout success has me thinking that we do have something about us and will be fine. We're a tiny island and one of the worlds biggest economies for a reason

 

You're a moron. We have the highest covid rate in Europe, other countries didn't import the delta variant and are now doing much better. You're "Boris" fodder mate, thick as fuck.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Renton said:

 

You're a moron. We have the highest covid rate in Europe, other countries didn't import the delta variant and are now doing much better. You're "Boris" fodder mate, thick as fuck.

You've literally predicted worst case scenario at every corner of the pandemic mate. It's never come to fruition. You're a moron. Thick as pig shit.

Pretending to care about British agriculture whilst buying supermarket meat :lol: thick as fuck

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...