Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Right, so that part I agree with. A lot of “the PM says” and “according to s Downing Street source” when Cummings was running the show, without enough hard analysis. But she isn’t paid to tell us what she thinks because she’s a reporter, not a commentator 

She’s not a news presenter. She’s the BBC political editor not a government cheerleader. It isn’t her job to repeat the government message but to examine it and see if it holds water.

23 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Right, so that part I agree with. A lot of “the PM says” and “according to s Downing Street source” when Cummings was running the show, without enough hard analysis. But she isn’t paid to tell us what she thinks because she’s a reporter, not a commentator 

I don't expect her own opinion but expect her own opinion as journalist or at least add to Johnson's soundbites by saying others dispute it.

36 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I had a look through her tweets this morning and it appears that her job is to be an uncritical mouthpiece for the Tory government.

Show me that I’m wrong.

Right, so I agree about that. But it’s what she doesn’t do that’s the problem. She delivers the soundbites Johnson and his cronies drip feed her without enough scrutiny. It would be even worse if she was telling us how great she thought Johnson is. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

If one side is saying it’s raining and the say it isn’t. The bbc aren’t supposed to just tell us the arguments they are supposed to stick their head out of the window to see who’s right.

A BBC reporter’s job is to record the salient facts and quotes, present them and provide analysis, not to offer opinion. 

I mean even without the BBC being servile, the opposition prefer to go to war with themselves anyway. We're going nowhere other than Tory for a few good years.

We need a new Blair desperately.

11 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

A BBC reporter’s job is to record the salient facts and quotes, present them and provide analysis, not to offer opinion. 

So is it her job to remind us about what Johnson has said about trade with the US previously, yes or no? To expose his lies and hypocrisy (without further comment), yes or no? 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

So is it her job to remind us about what Johnson has said about trade with the US previously, yes or no? To expose his lies and hypocrisy (without further comment), yes or no? 

yes, of course she should be doing those things

Is now the time for Labour to throw their weight behind a "Rejoin" campaign. They talked themselves in circles before the referendum trying not to piss off the working class leave vote, but that ship has long since sailed.

It was a 52/48 vote when half the country thought we were skipping into uplit sunlands with £350mil going towards the NHS every week and some of the easiest trade deals in history. 

Now that utility bills have gone through the roof, we've got no food on shop shelves, no petrol to put in our cars and we know the whole thing was sold on a lie...a 2nd referendum would surely be a landslide to rejoin? 

6 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Is now the time for Labour to throw their weight behind a "Rejoin" campaign. They talked themselves in circles before the referendum trying not to piss off the working class leave vote, but that ship has long since sailed.

It was a 52/48 vote when half the country thought we were skipping into uplit sunlands with £350mil going towards the NHS every week and some of the easiest trade deals in history. 

Now that utility bills have gone through the roof, we've got no food on shop shelves, no petrol to put in our cars and we know the whole thing was sold on a lie...a 2nd referendum would surely be a landslide to rejoin? 

I don't think a fully fledged referendum or rejoin campaign is the right answer, its just too toxic. But there should be a move to much closer trading ties (starting with regulatory alignment) and a move to fully join the EEA within 5 years (not the CU though). It will mean getting FoM back but only the fruit loops can be against this now. It would solve virtually all issues in NI and Dover. Also Scotland when they get independence and rejoin. It's also what Farage, Hannan, etc previously promised. I think Labour need to have this in their manifesto.  As for joining the EU, honestly, I don't think they'd have us back. I am almost certain France would veto it. Most EU countries have benefited from Brexit and will continue to do so whilst we don't even bother enforcing our borders to goods. 

• Like 2