Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

Are you in NI or London ewerk? Predictably NI hasn't had any problems has it? 

I'm in NI, was only in London for the weekend. No issues here but I don't think it's anything to do with us being in the Single Market for goods, we also have issues with a shortage of HGV drivers, just not as acute as in England.

Taking everything else out of it the main issue here is panic buying, if everyone calmed the fuck down there'd be enough to go round. However, the panic buying was predictable and the fact that the government doesn't have a plan to deal with such a situation is as disgraceful as it is unsurprising.

The government will stumble from one crises to another from now on. People are already forgetting the gas and energy crisis, which hasn't gone away. Long-term predictions are we are in for a very bad winter, especially February, If this happens and we get some calm cold weather we can expect power cuts and gas shut offs. I've read Russia doesn't have enough stocks at the moment for its domestic market (remember how cold their winters are), this will have a knock on effect to Europe, and obviously we are last in line wit no storage capacity, and little goodwill for EU countries to spare what little they have. All this on top of rising inflation, food shortages, and now fuel shortages. May as well get the popcorn out. 

There's footage of some dickhead pulling a knife on another driver going round. The driver reversed back a bit then promptly drove forward & knocked the fucker over. Exactly what I would have done

Edited by trooper
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

where you staying in Lindos?  We went in 2019…. go and see Spiros in the Captains Bar in town, he used to play for a Greek divi 2 side but his lad has gone to Olympiacos I think….

Stopping in a villa on the coast about a mile past Lindos. We stopped there last year. Spent most of the week snorkelling in the sea with the bairn!

29632921-4AD5-465B-B4E2-AF4374C9AD33.jpeg

F2C9F5E2-BCE0-4CC1-AE40-EA8B7D51604B.jpeg

• Like 2

:D In fairness, it's not quite as bad as that makes it look when you break it down hourly. Tomorrow daytime should hopefully be mostly all right, for example. Island weather can be massively changeable in both directions though, obviously. #PrayForMeenzer :pray:

On 27/09/2021 at 06:20, Gemmill said:

We were out yesterday and genuinely had to go and fill up cos car was about to run out. Tesco at KP had completely run out of normal unleaded and only had premium left. 

I splashed out cos I'm a gangsta but the place was bedlam. What a winter we've got in store here. :lol:

I'm now with Octopus Energy as all Avro customers have been hoyed across. They seem like good lads so far. 

Should be a few squid cheaper tbh

19 hours ago, Alex said:

Stayed in Pefkos. Not as nice as Lindos but just round the corner really. Lindos is beautiful. As is Rhodes Town (the old town). Been on a Med cruise with a stop at Rhodes Town a couple of times too. The island’s worth a tour if you have a car. The west coast is wild and largely deserted, as it’s windy as fuck. Lots of ruined castles from the crusades

We had a drive to Prasonisi beach last year where the Med and Aegean seas meet each other. Pretty cool to see 

8DEB3C71-66F7-4480-892B-3FA70888E8F8.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We had a drive to Prasonisi beach last year where the Med and Aegean seas meet each other. Pretty cool to see 

8DEB3C71-66F7-4480-892B-3FA70888E8F8.jpeg

It’s weird (or it was when we went) how there was all the windsurfers on one side in the choppy sea then on the east side of the isthmus there was barely a wave 

32 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s weird (or it was when we went) how there was all the windsurfers on one side in the choppy sea then on the east side of the isthmus there was barely a wave 

Isthmus be something to do with the currents I reckon 

• Haha 3

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10037965/Boris-begs-end-fuel-panic-buying-claiming-crisis-stabilising.html

Army 'will start driving fuel tankers to petrol stations THIS WEEK' despite Boris Johnson's claim that petrol panic-buying is 'stabilising' as PM rejects calls to give NHS workers queue-jumping priority

That’s him all over. Saying NHS workers should be prioritised but not mandating it and passing the buck into people who would find it almost impossible to do that even if they wanted to

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

image.thumb.png.9785698a8c6e049f88bfa6aa6a9e3e34.png

Can he managed to pull it off two years in a row? What a guy.

Funny, I don't recall at any other time in my life Christmas needed saving. Now twice in a row just after Brexit? Seems the plan is to lower expectations on Brexit so low anything that is approaching normality is a massive win. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1