Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I never knew that ID cards were an option to enter the U.K.

They were until yesterday. Ours and other EU ones are as safe as passports but much more practical as they fit in your wallet.

Ah right, I actually have one of those. I just call it a passport card. It grants me freedom of movement across 31 European countries and fits in my wallet. I don’t know what I’d do without it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Ah right, I actually have one of those. I just call it a passport card. It grants me freedom of movement across 31 European countries and fits in my wallet. I don’t know what I’d do without it.

49e676262d7097eefa7ef2d6c6827941.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It takes some balls to stand in front of an audience and, without the slightest hint of irony, declare that the deal you personally negotiated is a danger to the country.

And that the solution for peace in NI is to build a physical border on the island (the only other solution). Let's see how this goes. (Btw, I have seen polls that indicate the NI protocol is quite popular amongst normal people?).

1 minute ago, Renton said:

And that the solution for peace in NI is to build a physical border on the island (the only other solution). Let's see how this goes. (Btw, I have seen polls that indicate the NI protocol is quite popular amongst normal people?).

No one has really noticed it. It's just unionist politicians stirring up trouble in advance of the Assembly elections next year. Most normal people see the advantages of it and notice that we're not having the same sort of shortages that you lot are. Saying that the protocol hasn't been fully implemented yet so there could be more to come but more now I don't see how any of the conditions for Art.16 have been met.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It was the remainers that forced him to agree to it apparently.

While we're doing nautical metaphors, lets remember Johnson's own (Brexit will be a Titanic success). 

• Haha 3

I mean it's not as simple as just being Brexit - Brexit's role in this is that it has completely devastated the flexibility we had in the system to handle crisis moments, and I think honestly that'll generally be how such issues manifest in future.

The crisis itself was largely driven by panic buying based on BP announcing they were having some supply issues. Whereas once it would have been a fairly simple job for the market to supply drivers to take up the load to fix this, the reality now is that we've been making it more and more difficult for the very people we need to help us - and ultimately that's why the government was forced into a nationally humiliating u-turn over their visas.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't properly understand this reluctance to allow workers in from other countries. Brexit was supposed to be about taking back control of ours borders, not shutting them completely. There are easily identifiable sectors with acute labour shortages. We aren't going to be able to fill those shortages in the short to medium term so why not offer multi-year visas for those roles? An offer of the ability to work up until Christmas eve is just insulting.

• Like 2

Boris admits only 127 drivers have applied for emergency visa's to help him get out of the shit storm. Oh dear looks like Xmas could go "tits up " Boris me old chum

Edited by trooper