Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Asprilla said:

MEPs aren’t as powerful as MPs.

They are more like figure heads.

Just like we don’t get to vote for the EU president.

You are welcome to want that obviously.

How did all that affect you pre brexit then?

I wracked my brains trying to think how all this affected me and I came to the conclusion that it just didn't. I never lost money due to the EU, but I could see that the likes of farmers and fishermen had  legitimate grievances. So what happened almost exactly a year ago?... the fishermen literally lost the market for their fish TWO FUCKIN DAYS after we left the EU...the very bedrock on which Brexit was built was finished by it. Farage hasn't been near them since...funny that..

The new Australian trade deal will finish the farmers..... Brexit was just a bad idea all round...

• Like 1

:lol:

I'm not remotely hard. I don't profess to be. But you're posting from France telling us all what a great idea it was for you to vote Leave, and how you'd do it again tomorrow despite not being able to point to a single tangible benefit, and without having to suffer any of the numerous drawbacks. 

If you can't see how that makes you look a proper cunt, I can't help you. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's an emotive issue for many of us in the end because it's actively fucking up our lives, no one can tell us why it was worth doing, and all we can see is the harm it's doing. I do genuinely believe we will be on our knees begging to rejoin in 5-10 years time, especially if the Tories remain at the helm throughout that period given how utterly shocking they are on economics.

What gets me about all of this, even with the flag waving triumphalism of the moment itself, is that it's a national humiliation that the world and half of this country can see, but which those who voted for it cannot. I was proud of the UK, especially following the 2012 olympics. A great display of patriotism that really entrenched in me how much I loved the UK for all its faults. An international leader that punched above its weight and was respected around the world. Now it's just.. every time I see Johnson go up there in front of world leaders its a new humiliation. You asked before about facebook profile pictures - I'm not on facebook, but I'm more European in spirit than I am now British. Brexit literally stripped away the part of Britishness that I identified with. The outward looking, internationalist, rational and respectable country that it could be, replaced with a dark, introspective, hateful and corrupt nonsense of a state. Honestly, it's absolutely devastating what the Tories have allowed to happen to the UK with this.

They're traitors to the country, all of them. All of them.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Just in case it wasn’t clear, this includes every Little Englander Flag Wanker who voted them in and voted Leave. 

Traitors, responsible for the downfall of the country they profess to love. 

• Haha 1

It’s weird isn’t? Bar the occasional interregnum there’s always one on here. And there’s only ever one at a time as well. And it’s not even like they have to be new members, it’s like they take over the baton. 

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s weird isn’t? Bar the occasional interregnum there’s always one on here. And there’s only ever one at a time as well. And it’s not even like they have to be new members, it’s like they take over the baton. 

I may have my tinfoil hat on but it seems odd that he barely posted for two years then started again regularly in December.

Did we lose a poster with the capability to start an argument in an empty room round that time? :scratchchin:

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's an emotive issue for many of us in the end because it's actively fucking up our lives, no one can tell us why it was worth doing, and all we can see is the harm it's doing. I do genuinely believe we will be on our knees begging to rejoin in 5-10 years time, especially if the Tories remain at the helm throughout that period given how utterly shocking they are on economics.

What gets me about all of this, even with the flag waving triumphalism of the moment itself, is that it's a national humiliation that the world and half of this country can see, but which those who voted for it cannot. I was proud of the UK, especially following the 2012 olympics. A great display of patriotism that really entrenched in me how much I loved the UK for all its faults. An international leader that punched above its weight and was respected around the world. Now it's just.. every time I see Johnson go up there in front of world leaders its a new humiliation. You asked before about facebook profile pictures - I'm not on facebook, but I'm more European in spirit than I am now British. Brexit literally stripped away the part of Britishness that I identified with. The outward looking, internationalist, rational and respectable country that it could be, replaced with a dark, introspective, hateful and corrupt nonsense of a state. Honestly, it's absolutely devastating what the Tories have allowed to happen to the UK with this.

Honestly? I do have sympathy with how you feel.

UK politics is in the toilet just when it didn’t need to be.

Labour are dreadful these days. Running on cheap grievance votes and forgetting their base.

The Tories are there simply because everyone else is even worse.

If the UK rejoins and the vote is carried by a majority then I will respect that.

I won’t take potshots at people for thinking differently… because I am a fucking adult. :lol:

It doesn’t change my view that the EU is ultimately the wrong solution.

If there were a vastly simpler version with free trade, a version of free movement and individual currencies, I’d vote for it, and I suspect so would the vast majority.

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

I'm not remotely hard. I don't profess to be. But you're posting from France telling us all what a great idea it was for you to vote Leave, and how you'd do it again tomorrow despite not being able to point to a single tangible benefit, and without having to suffer any of the numerous drawbacks. 

If you can't see how that makes you look a proper cunt, I can't help you. 

I suspected that you aren’t…nor am i especially. I just don’t know what help calling people cunts is.

Do you think France belongs to the EU?

There are millions of Europeans, French people included, who don’t like the EU.

are they all cunts too, Gemmill?

6 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

If there were a vastly simpler version with free trade, a version of free movement and individual currencies, I’d vote for it, and I suspect so would the vast majority.

I mean we had free trade, were out of Schengen and the Euro and had a veto over every EU treaty. But hey, you keep digging.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m not angry I just think you’re a thick cunt.

Cool bro.

i think you have frustrations in your life that are manifesting themselves in this thread.

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I mean we had free trade, were out of Schengen and the Euro and had a veto over every EU treaty. But hey, you keep digging.

I believe pressure would have come in time to adopt the Euro.

Schengen is separate to the EU (see Switzerland)

I’m not saying what we have now is good, I’m saying that the people who did the negotiating were incapable of delivering a good deal, especially when there was a disunited front in the negotiating position.

Nowhere in Europe is particularly thriving at the moment thanks to Covid.

Seeing as the EU had 40 years to get their act together it would be reasonable to allow at least 10 years to see where we end up.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.gif.d550a8d9a38cdeaba1983706679eb842.gif

(one for the fan(s) there).

I’m not taking any of this personally, I have a great life and I’m grateful for it.

EU or otherwise I would make the best of whatever situation I’m in.