Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It’s weird how personal it gets with EU fanatics.

it shouldn’t matter that much to you…

the EU is just a big government and governments aren’t in it for your benefit. 

8 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It’s weird how personal it gets with EU fanatics.

it shouldn’t matter that much to you…

the EU is just a big government and governments aren’t in it for your benefit. 

Well my wife has lost her business as it involved impoting glass from and selling jewelery to the EU, and we have had o shelve plans to retire to Spain so does feel quite personal. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Well my wife has lost her business as it involved impoting glass from and selling jewelery to the EU, and we have had o shelve plans to retire to Spain so does feel quite personal. 

Aye but apart from that why is it personal? :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asprilla said:

Can set our own tax rates to suit our situation. Can make independent trade deals with emerging economies. We were able to get a head start with the vaccines. Anything that doesn’t involve asking 27 other countries if it’s ok 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Not being able to set own tax rates is another great myth.

29 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I’m sorry to hear that. The tarifs are applied by the EU though.

I’m pretty sure Spain will have you, have you been told you can’t emigrate?

4 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

I’m sorry to hear that. The tarifs are applied by the EU though.

I’m pretty sure Spain will have you, have you been told you can’t emigrate?

To any country not in the EU - not out of spite. 

12 minutes ago, NJS said:

To any country not in the EU - not out of spite. 

We were previous members though, completely harmonised up until that point.

A unique case.

The EU wants to protect itself as an entity above all else. That should tell you something.

It tells you its been a success that wasn’t willing to jeopardise that to enable an ideologically driven UK government that had promised things it couldn’t deliver to win an election. 

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

It tells you its been a success that wasn’t willing to jeopardise that to enable an ideologically driven UK government that had promised things it couldn’t deliver to win an election. 

It’s damaging its own trade too.

listen, we’re going round in circles, I’m able to accept that people can feel differently about politics whereas a good many of you find that impossible to accept and call us cunts or gammons.

its a bit sad

So it’s protecting itself, actually strengthening its position in relation to its erstwhile member and damaging its own trade at the same time? Gotcha 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

So it’s protecting itself, actually strengthening its position in relation to its erstwhile member and damaging its own trade at the same time? Gotcha 

“Itself” as an entity not the people who were until recently former citizens. 48% of which didn’t want to leave.

If tariffs are happening they will be happening on both sides no? How is that of benefit to EU businesses?

4 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It’s damaging its own trade too.

listen, we’re going round in circles, I’m able to accept that people can feel differently about politics whereas a good many of you find that impossible to accept and call us cunts or gammons.

its a bit sad

You've actively damaged people's livelihoods and those of their children you fucking dick. And ypu fucking live in the EU. It's just politics you say, without realing politics affects people in real ways. Two real examples given to you on this very board.

I'm trying to recall you from when you posted ages ago. Were you always a cunt?

Just now, Asprilla said:

“Itself” as an entity not the people who were until recently former citizens. 48% of which didn’t want to leave.

If tariffs are happening they will be happening on both sides no? How is that of benefit to EU businesses?

It's not of benefit to the EU, who said it was. It was our choice, not theirs. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

It's not of benefit to the EU, who said it was. It was our choice, not theirs. 

Both sides would be better off if the trading remained friction free. The UK wanted that and the EU didn’t.

3 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Here, man. Own your fucking shit 

Just now, Asprilla said:

Both sides would be better off if the trading remained friction free. The UK wanted that and the EU didn’t.

Why wouldn’t that damned EU give the U.K. all the benefits of membership without the obligations?

Just now, Asprilla said:

We didn't. And its not tariffs that are the problem, its non tariff barriers. Which is a consequence of leaving the single market. We could have gone for a Norway deal, but chose not to because we wanted out of the EU regulatory sphere. The reasons for that are now becoming apparent.