Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Perspective is it's at it's lowest since 2008 and any improvement in the economy since then (you've been keen to praise the Tories for), any pain endured in 8 years of austerity, has all been for nought.

How things change you disagreeing with me and Krugman :lol:

The world has turned upside down :lol:

61a4d217d87df5e13c057462af0e9809.pngThat's 10 years. What timescale is going to bring this home for you?

I know a bit about this, and I'm not an alarmist, and I'm telling you this is quite bad for Britain.

Like this is still the West, and smart phones are practically a human right. But within those boundaries, it's going to get shit.

61a4d217d87df5e13c057462af0e9809.pngThat's 10 years. What timescale is going to bring this home for you?

I know a bit about this, and I'm not an alarmist, and I'm telling you this is quite bad for Britain.

Like this is still the West, and smart phones are practically a human right. But within those boundaries, it's going to get shit.

I'm not sure WHAT you are actually trying to bring home?

I've said it's going to be choppy

I've said we might have a recession

What I've also said at the weekend was that markets go up and down and we needed some perspective when viewing the volatility. A point backed up by Krugman and the FTSE surpassing the losses it made on Friday.

What other point are you trying to make?

How things change you disagreeing with me and Krugman :lol:

The world has turned upside down :lol:

I didn't disagree with either of you. Just stated counter facts. I've not read the full Krugman piece, but from your quote he seems to be saying this is not unheard of. He gives a couple of examples from the last 4 decades. Even if it were among the ten worst drop offs in that time, it wouldn't be good. And we're only 4 days in from the decision with 2 to 3 years to the potential exit actually happening.

Why are you bringing up the FTSE 100 when we're talking about the pound?

You've latched on to key words like volatility. Do you actually have any idea what that means? What it looks like on that chart? Where are you getting your confidence from?

Just to mention Chilcot again - seen some tweets suggesting the backstabbers are scrabbling around trying to find someone who opposed the Iraq war as they think everyone who voted for it will be that fucked.

You've latched on to key words like volatility. Do you actually have any idea what that means? What it looks like on that chart? Where are you getting your confidence from?

The conversation was about the pound and FTSE when you joined in with your offer of a picture.

What confidence? I'm simply stating that the pound was at similar levels in February and is rising. I don't recall you or anyone else on here making a big thing of it then.

I've also read Krugmans peace, listened to the chief economist at Bloomberg say yesterday that he doesn't think we'll enter a recession (not sure I agree), listened to the ex CEO of Barclays talk last night about how a lower pound could be good for us etc.

Saying all that, I'm not claiming in any way to be an expert in any of this, simply stating that a bit of perspective was missing over the weekend with regard to market movements.

If you want to tell me something else then fire away, you'll be giving me some more knowledge.

Reading it now though, I can't see why you're so pleased with your vote/result @christmas Tree, or believe that Krugman has anything good to say about it, other than the markets haven't been as bad as they could have been.

Krugman says...

Well, that was pretty awesome – and I mean that in the worst way

David Cameron may go down in history as the man who risked wrecking Europe and his own nation for the sake of a momentary political advantage

The economic consequences will be bad

Brexit will make Britain poorer

the trade effects of leaving the EU will be substantial

Britain will become less productive

The conversation has been about the FTSE100 not being a relevant metric for about 2 days now.

As recently as today, I think, you were told again why it wasn't a good economic indicator here. What was the overriding reason, and why do you disagree with it?

Just to mention Chilcot again - seen some tweets suggesting the backstabbers are scrabbling around trying to find someone who opposed the Iraq war as they think everyone who voted for it will be that fucked.

Aye, I saw that. Eagles called a presser for 3pm tomorrow. Not sure if she opposed or not.

Reading it now though, I can't see why you're so pleased with your vote/result @christmas Tree, or believe that Krugman has anything good to say about it, other than the markets haven't been as bad as they could have been.

Krugman says...

Well I'm pleased with the result because I think we will be a much better country when it's concluded.

It was precisely for his comments on the markets / perspective that I quoted Krugman, although his comments that he doesn't think we'll enter recession are good. (Hope he's right).

The bottom line is whether I'm right about the outcome of the negotiations won't be known for some years. As the only available leaver to most of you I'll get a good kicking during the choppy times and no thanks at the end. :lol:

The conversation has been about the FTSE100 not being a relevant metric for about 2 days now.

As recently as today, I think, you were told again why it wasn't a good economic indicator here. What was the overriding reason, and why do you disagree with it?

As I stated earlier, I asked if the media hysteria that greeted billions wiped off the FTSE would be reversed now that those billions are back on today.

As for your last sentence I'm not sure what you're asking.

:jesuswept:

What is the key reason the FTSE 100 is not a good indicator? You've been told several times. I want to know why you disagree with it.

:jesuswept:

What is the key reason the FTSE 100 is not a good indicator? You've been told several times. I want to know why you disagree with it.

I fully understand it's not the best indicator, you are not listening :lol:

It was cited by the Media and by Gloom on Friday as a big indicator.

Over the weekend I said markets go up and down and as it has risen I have directed gloomys attention to it because he first used it.

Today, when it finished higher than before the crash, I questioned whether the media would give its rise the same attention they gave its fall.

I can't explain it more clearly.

there really is no point trying to debate with CT on issues like this. i know better than most as he's been ignoring every valid point i've made pre and post-brexit. he's made up his mind that it's business as usual (because that's what he said beforehand) and brexit isn't really anything to worry about despite all the evidence to the contrary.

there really is no point trying to debate with CT on issues like this. i know better than most as he's been ignoring every valid point i've made pre and post-brexit. he's made up his mind that it's business as usual (because that's what he said beforehand) and brexit isn't really anything to worry about despite all the evidence to the contrary.

I know, I'm going to go fart on my cat's head when I'm done here.

I fully understand it's not the best indicator, you are not listening :lol:

It was cited by the Media and by Gloom on Friday as a big indicator.

Over the weekend I said markets go up and down and as it has risen I have directed gloomys attention to it because he first used it.

Today, when it finished higher than before the crash, I questioned whether the media would give its rise the same attention they gave its fall.

I can't explain it more clearly.

on friday, i pointed out to you it was the FTSE 250 that is the bellwether for the Uk economy, not the ftse 100 - a post you seemed to ignore