Europe --- In or Out

Christmas Tree

Europe?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s funny the perception of ‘sovereignty’.  And how people equate it with freedom. Take it to the extreme of the hard Brexit that’s been (partially)* delivered and it’s just an imposition of crippling restrictions of an entire nation 

*in the sense it still hasn’t been properly worked through

Edited by Alex

Said without energy or passion but just because some part of me still feels compelled to state it - the leave campaign are traitors to the country, those that voted for it enfeebled our nation.

A curse born of people who have no fucking clue how the world works or what their place in it is.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s funny the perception of ‘sovereignty’.  And how people equate it with freedom. Take it to the extreme of the hard Brexit that’s been (partially)* delivered and it’s just an imposition of crippling restrictions of an entire nation 

The most sovereign nation on the planet is North Korea. That's some fucked up aspiration to have. 

Just been on a call with European colleagues. They are literally laughing at us (not in a malevolent way, just in a "dude, what the fuck did you just do" way). The situation is beginning to impact directly on my job, and not for the good. You can repaeat this times milliions for those of us who have the types of jobs that bring in money to the country (services sold to Europe in my case).  Doesn't directly affect th Whetherspoons pensioner, although of course it massively affects them indirectly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

I think hard the Brexit utopia sold was "we can tell Europe to fuck off but can still go there for holidays, buy whatever we want from them tariff free, and they can't tell us to fuck off". 

Not sure Johnson wasn't too stupid to misunderstand that mind. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

The most sovereign nation on the planet is North Korea. That's some fucked up aspiration to have. 

Just been on a call with European colleagues. They are literally laughing at us (not in a malevolent way, just in a "dude, what the fuck did you just do" way). The situation is beginning to impact directly on my job, and not for the good. You can repaeat this times milliions for those of us who have the types of jobs that bring in money to the country (services sold to Europe in my case).  Doesn't directly affect th Whetherspoons pensioner, although of course it massively affects them indirectly. 

Yeah, I nearly used North Korea as the ultimate example. Not just a lack of internal freedom but a total reliance on other nations for even the most basic of necessities. 

18 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

I think hard the Brexit utopia sold was "we can tell Europe to fuck off but can still go there for holidays, buy whatever we want from them tariff free, and they can't tell us to fuck off". 

Johnson didn’t give a fuck. It was just a power play. I don’t even think he expected to ‘win’ the referendum. There’s a chance he didn’t want to. It was more about cultivating his ‘man of the people’ persona for a future leadership bid. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Alex said:

Johnson didn’t give a fuck. It was just a power play. I don’t even think he expected to ‘win’ the referendum. There’s a chance he didn’t want to. It was more about cultivating his ‘man of the people’ persona for a future leadership bid. 

Exactly. It was just a PR stunt to enhance his future ambitions. I guess he thought it to be a win-win situation because he could always fall back on his past admiration of the European institutions.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

I think that it was always a thing of delusion of grandeur, thinking that those European philistines would always think of the Brits and their market too important and accustom their own position.

You got warned, but 52% didn’t want to listen out of principle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Alex said:

100% he didn’t think we’d vote to leave. But he doesn’t stand for anything so he didn’t lose any sleep over it 

9 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I think that it was always a thing of delusion of grandeur, thinking that those European philistines would always think of the Brits and their market too important and accustom their own position.

You got warned, but 52% didn’t want to listen out of principle.

No principles involved whatsoever 

5 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

There are already areas of the UK (primarily Northern England strangely enough with worse GDP per capita than Eastern Europe. It's only London keeping us up. You'll soon be seeing Auf Wiedersehen Pet in action Isegrim. Gis a job. 

12 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'll have Isegrim's job. I would make a fucking amazing judge.

I’d have you arrested for fraud the first day as I am a prosecutor nowadays.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I’d have you arrested for fraud the first day as I am a prosecutor nowadays.

Well that sounds like a demotion to me. Bad luck Isegrim. 

• Haha 3