Wilifried Bony

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bony short for Boneparte? ;)

What was that fuckin waster Boro signed from Heerenveen who looked like Gerd Muller in Holland but couldnt hit a barn door here?....

Am I right in saying that this is could be viewed as a sort of "rule of thumb"?.....strikers from the Dutch league are a bit diasppointing if they sign for English clubs?...Kezman springs to mind. Van Hoojdonk was a good player but a bit of a shitehoose as a person....any more?...

Based on extensive scouting (one youtube video) he looks strong as an ox but slow and the goals he was scoring were practically gifted to him.

I trust our scouts more than I trust myself though :D

Er Nistlerooy, Van Persie?

Yeah, but look at the clubs they signed for.... theyve got better scouts and more money than the the likes of us also rans which makes a fuck up less likely. Van Nistlerooy wasnt a "Dutch footballer" anyway...his style of play was very,very English. Beckham on the other hand was a Dutch footballer though, lovely pass, couldnt tackle, graceful runner, nice hair :)

Scored some belters in the one I watched. Definitely some piss poor defending too like.

I think I got about half way trough and gave up so he probably showed a lot more in the bits I didn't watch :lol:

Suarez Bergkamp overmars even Kyut to a point, i think they do alright here tbh.

(i know suarez isn't dutch but he did make his name there for ajax like)

and tbf Bony isn't Dutch either so your point does hold up ;)

Suarez Bergkamp overmars even Kyut to a point, i think they do alright here tbh.

Again, look at the clubs theyve joined. Am not saying its scientific. Bergkamp Overmars and Van Persie were brilliant players at the peak of their games with the right brilliant coach. Look at the level below manu and Arsenal over the years and theres not many that have gone on to better things eleswhere. Maybe its bollocks. But theres not many below the top level who spring to mind who have been even "ok". Andy van der Meyde went on the piss for 18 months at Everton :lol:

Kuyt was another "English" Dutchman ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

Kezman and Afonso Alves aren't Dutch either (neither of course is Bony) so there's no problem using Suarez as an example of success if they're being put up as the failures.

Again, look at the clubs theyve joined. Am not saying its scientific. Bergkamp Overmars and Van Persie were brilliant players at the peak of their games with the right brilliant coach. Look at the level below manu and Arsenal over the years and theres not many that have gone on to better things eleswhere. Maybe its bollocks. But theres not many below the top level who spring to mind who have been even "ok". Andy van der Meyde went on the piss for 18 months at Everton :lol:

You could probably make the same argument about lesser quality teams buying players from almost any country tbf.

The bigger clubs have bigger scouting networks and can pay more for a player so it's not surprising that they have a better hit rate. We've looked to our scouts to give us the advantage our tight owner won't give us financially.

You could probably make the same argument about lesser quality teams buying players from almost any country tbf.

The bigger clubs have bigger scouting networks and can pay more for a player so it's not surprising that they have a better hit rate. We've looked to our scouts to give us the advantage our tight owner won't give us financially.

True enough. Good post that, gets to the heart of what Ashley is trying to acheive here. We'll see. Looking forward to seeing how all the new lads play.

True enough. Good post that, gets to the heart of what Ashley is trying to acheive here. We'll see. Looking forward to seeing how all the new lads play.

The Villa game is the first time in a long while that I've been really looking forward to a game. You'd think the last week will be a massive confidence boost to the team.

Tiote's bestmate. Also touted as the African version of Hulk (Porto), nothing's better than that.

Hulk is decent but he's let himself down with that move to Russia.

Kuyt was another "English" Dutchman ;)

Kezman went to Chelsea though, didn't he?