Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

For all of the shit Cabaye gets who do people think that we could realistically attract to replace him that's of the same calibre?

Id happily swap the current Cabaye for Nolan.

The Cabaye that first arrived was great and fired up to do well. Last seasons Cabaye was very poor by comparison and has clearly had his eyes on playing elsewhere for the best part of a year.

Big shame and an opportunity to build around him wasted for numerous reasons.

I thinks all parties have known its when not if he goes and hopefully Carr will have someone else on his radar.

Bit late posting on this one, but the stat based post by Tom? Was eye opening, on paper even though he had a "bad year" he still performed quite well on paper. Ill be sad to see him go, but my personal view is that he hasn't looked happy for a long time now and there's no point carrying someone who isn't fully into the team.

What a set of tossers Arsenal are. Making a bid that will never be accepted on match day.

They've just announced £180m cash reserves - try £30m dickheads.

To get back in victor Mildred character, I'd worry that if he goes to arsenal it will make pardew look terrible, cabaye will shine in a team like arsenal and fingers will point as to why pards couldn't get the same level from him. In normal circumstances that might not be a bad thing but given that we wont get anyone better or god forbid we'll get Joe.

What a set of tossers Arsenal are. Making a bid that will never be accepted on match day.

I'll be interested in the pre-match interview with Pardew and whether he goes on one of his selling speeches about Cabaye, or whether he does what he should and says something about it being an very unprofessional time to place a bid.

We already have his replacement. We will buy no one. It is clear to me now Ashley realises he is never going to get his cash back from a sale so he is trying to get as much back as he can from the club so he can sell without losing anything.

If he were to pocket the £60m tv deal, plus a £20m ish profit on transfer deals each year, how long before he's in the black?

I think it's inevitable he'll be away given the money the clubs who are allegedly after him have available.

Pretty sure he wants away and we'll not be interesting in holding on to him, just making as much as we can (which surely has to be £20m).

The biggest worry is that we hang on til the end of the month to get the absolute most for him and then are unable to get a replacement (sorry I mean then the club will say they didn't have time to get a replacement).

We already look very lacking in any invention and guile going forward so I think anyone who thinks it's fine to let him go is kidding themselves as apart from a moment of out of the blue magic from Ben Arfa, he is the only one who is capable of providing it. But I suppose with Pardews excellent attacking coaching someone else will stand up to the plate!

Looked out most dangerous by a country mile with Marveaux in the middle last year against Man U and Arsenal.

I'd happily line up like this.

Tiote Sissoko

HBA. Marveaux. Gouffran

Cisse

The reason we looked dangerous is because we had no defence, we went all guns blazing because we simply couldn't hope to defend. That's why we looked dangerous in attack

The reason we looked dangerous is because we had no defence, we went all guns blazing because we simply couldn't hope to defend. That's why we looked dangerous in attack

I'm not suggesting we go "all guns blazing" or we necessarily line up like that against the heavy hitters but for the majority of games we need someone in there who can join up play, hold the ball and find forward passes.

I'm not suggesting we go "all guns blazing" or we necessarily line up like that against the heavy hitters but for the majority of games we need someone in there who can join up play, hold the ball and find forward passes.

I'm not saying that you did. I'm explaining why a heartless lightweight midfielder looked decent in the fixtures where we played all out attack.

In the other games, where he was expected to provide more than just an attacking outlet, he looked toss

If he were to pocket the £60m tv deal, plus a £20m ish profit on transfer deals each year, how long before he's in the black?

This is where I struggle to understand Ashley as a shrewd business man. Expecting to get back his investment sure, but if he's loaned the cash, that loan transfers when the clubs sold right? so all he really needs back is the cost of the club and then his loan. I mean, if he really wanted , he could put an interest rate on those loans of whatever he wants, sell the club and cream it for years.

There are also all the benefits he can't quantify but are there, like the Sports Direct advertising, the increased media coverage of his businesses etc .

I think he wants PROFIT not to break even.

Edited by scoobos

I'm not saying that you did. I'm explaining why a heartless lightweight midfielder looked decent in the fixtures where we played all out attack.

In the other games, where he was expected to provide more than just an attacking outlet, he looked toss

from my shit memory we only played him in that position against 3 teams. Wigan, Man and Arsenal. We won against Wigan (I think) and looked very good going forward against the other two. Also the same sort of position where he waited and waited before slipping that sublime ball through for the goal in Europe.

Looked out most dangerous by a country mile with Marveaux in the middle last year against Man U and Arsenal.

I'd happily line up like this.

Tiote Sissoko

HBA. Marveaux. Gouffran

Cisse

We looked even better the season before without Marveaux in the team. There's a balance to be struck somewhere. I'd happily play Marveaux in that role at home against lesser teams, but despite his offensive play in those games you mentioned he offered nothing in terms of work rate which we can't afford to carry against a lot of teams in this league.

Fwiw I'd play Marveaux on the left when Ben Arfa is fit as being on the right is his best position. Then again Marveaux was gutless as fuck away to Everton last season too.

Also Nolan ahead of Cabaye is one of the most clueless things I've ever read. :lol:

It's naive to suggest that because he didn't have a great season it suddenly means he wants away.

He's a fine player but he's not made of stern stuff.. he came back fucked from the Euros and I would imagine his depression and exhaustion levels went hand in hand.

Then imagine his job satisfaction levels when Pardew told him to play hoof ball.

Buying Debuchy was as much about keeping Cabaye happy than an actual pressing need for a left back.. Can't see why he'd leave so soon..

Frustratingly all of Pardew's comments in the last two weeks seem to be inviting bids for him.. there's some serious politics going on behind the scenes, that's for sure..

We looked even better the season before without Marveaux in the team. There's a balance to be struck somewhere. I'd happily play Marveaux in that role at home against lesser teams, but despite his offensive play in those games you mentioned he offered nothing in terms of work rate which we can't afford to carry against a lot of teams in this league.

Fwiw I'd play Marveaux on the left when Ben Arfa is fit as being on the right is his best position. Then again Marveaux was gutless as fuck away to Everton last season too.

Also Nolan ahead of Cabaye is one of the most clueless things I've ever read. :lol:

I dont know anyone else who has the football brain to be able to link up the play on the edge of the opponents box? We just need someone to steady attacks and be a bit smarter rather than always rushing it.

As for Cabaye the point was comparing last seasons Nolan to last seasons Cabaye. Im sure if hed been here on the banch last season he would have got the nod on many occasions. His goals wouldnt have come amiss either.

Cabayes heads gone and has been since last season. I think had we shown more ambition last summer and more tactical nouse last season then he would have done better himself. Shame.