Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

It's naive to suggest that because he didn't have a great season it suddenly means he wants away.

He's a fine player but he's not made of stern stuff.. he came back fucked from the Euros and I would imagine his depression and exhaustion levels went hand in hand.

Then imagine his job satisfaction levels when Pardew told him to play hoof ball.

Buying Debuchy was as much about keeping Cabaye happy than an actual pressing need for a left back.. Can't see why he'd leave so soon..

Frustratingly all of Pardew's comments in the last two weeks seem to be inviting bids for him.. there's some serious politics going on behind the scenes, that's for sure..

I dont know anyone else who has the football brain to be able to link up the play on the edge of the opponents box? We just need someone to steady attacks and be a bit smarter rather than always rushing it.

As for Cabaye the point was comparing last seasons Nolan to last seasons Cabaye. Im sure if hed been here on the banch last season he would have got the nod on many occasions. His goals wouldnt have come amiss either.

Cabayes heads gone and has been since last season. I think had we shown more ambition last summer and more tactical nouse last season then he would have done better himself. Shame.

Hang on, are suggesting Cabaye always rushes it? Are you suggesting that Nolan is a playmaker?

fwiw I think the kind of player we should be after is Marvin Martin, not Kevin Nolan. KN's major weakness is if he doesn't score goals, he doesn't do much else. He is static. Utterly static.

We proved at the end of last season that Pardew doesn't ask them to play hoofball. With better players on the park we hoof the ball much less.

The problem is Pardew hasn't got any of the players to understand what our attacking system is, if there is one.

Hang on, are suggesting Cabaye always rushes it? Are you suggesting that Nolan is a playmaker?

fwiw I think the kind of player we should be after is Marvin Martin, not Kevin Nolan. KN's major weakness is if he doesn't score goals, he doesn't do much else. He is static. Utterly static.

No, no sir I am not.

Im simply point out that I would prefer to have Marveaux or a player of his ilk who has enough of a football brain to orchestrate attacks.

I understand the charges against him however there are many teams we play where we should have enough about us to cope with their advances and instead concentrate more our own attacks.

Its not really worth discussing much more as its never going to happen.

No, no sir I am not.

Im simply point out that I would prefer to have Marveaux or a player of his ilk who has enough of a football brain to orchestrate attacks.

I understand the charges against him however there are many teams we play where we should have enough about us to cope with their advances and instead concentrate more our own attacks.

Its not really worth discussing much more as its never going to happen.

What? I'm not talking about Marveaux now, I'm responding to your mental claim that you'd have preferred Nolan to last years Cabaye.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/33935-yohan-cabaye/page-6#entry1219407

Were you actually saying that you'd want Nolan ahead of Cabaye?

As for your love for Marveaux, he isn't half as good as you make out.

Marveaux doesn't have a footballing brain to orchestrate attacks at this level nor does he have the heart for it. Average player who flatters to deceive.

Not from the local journos I follow, they are just saying he didn't check out the pitch with the first group of players to go out there.

Apparently Robbie Savage said it on some radio. Hope its crap.

If Cabaye can't play a game because of a poxy, no-where near his valuation bid coming in for him, than he can do one as far as I'm concerned.

His head isn't in the right place to represent a club that has been paying him all pre-season to get match fit? nonsense.

Lets go easy, this might be on club orders, we all know how Ashley deals with players when he sees a sale.

No way he's going for 10 though. Does make me wonder if those rumours of him leading a players revolt last year were true . Desmond , for the love of god change that avatar , who is that anyway?

Edited by scoobos

Lets go easy, this might be on club orders, we all know how Ashley deals with players when he sees a sale.

No way he's going for 10 though. Does make me wonder if those rumours of him leading a players revolt last year were true . Desmond , for the love of god change that avatar , who is that anyway?

It's THE transfer guru