Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

I think had Cabab played against Man City, still with everyone knowing he wanted to leave, you could see fans giving him good applause still.

But now, were he to start against Fulham, I wouldn't like to be in that position. Whether he said he didn't want to play in the last two games or not, he'll be in for a torrid 90 minutes were Pardew to select him.

He shouldn't do, you can't blame someone with ambition.

Cant see the other players really wanting to play alongside him anyway, as (if the refusing to play rumours are true) well as being disrespectful to the club and fans he's also insulting the other players.

Starting to worry this sort of thing will become more common place with the utter embarrassing lack of ambition we've shown this summer.

Yohan Cabaye given France warning

France national team coach Didier Deschamps has warned players such as Newcastle United's Yohan Cabaye and Paris Saint-Germain defender Mamadou Sakho they will not play for their country if they do not feature for their clubs.

Deschamps will name his squad on Thursday for Les Bleus' upcoming 2014 World Cup qualifiers against Georgia and Belarus, though told RMC neither Cabaye, 27, nor Sakho, 23, can expect to be included having not played a single minute of competitive action for their clubs this season.

"If you don't play for three weeks, how can you be in shape to play an international? It's impossible," Deschamps said.

Though L'Equipe on Tuesday contradicted reports Cabaye had gone on strike in the wake of interest from Arsenal, claiming instead the midfielder had missed Newcastle's opening two Premier League matches with the agreement of manager Alan Pardew, it also stated PSG were to reignite their pursuit of the former Lille man, whom the Magpies have valued at £20 million.

PSG, meanwhile, remain waiting for an offer for Sakho, who has declared his intention to quit the club with a year left on his current contract after struggling to dislodge Alex as the preferred partner of Thiago Silva in central defence last season, and seeing competition for places increase with the arrival of Marquinhos this summer.

Liverpool and AC Milan are both reportedly interested in acquiring the powerfully-built Paris-born defender, but Deschamps warned both Sakho and others seeking a move they should choose their next step carefully if they want to enhance their chances at international level.

"There was a time when I took Mamadou Sakho when he was playing one match in two or three. Since the Champions Trophy, he's not got onto the pitch. He's fully aware that he can't hope to be called up for France," he said.

"I don't ask them anything. They're free to pursue their careers. But they know very well, and it's the same for everyone, you need a minimum of playing time. In certain clubs, there's competition. But you have to have minutes on the pitch, start games, to be able to hope to play for France."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1535105/arsenal-target-yohan-cabaye-given-world-cup-warning-france-coach-didier-deschamps?cc=4716

I'm not sure I buy the current line about Cabaye refusing to play. We all know that the regime are full of shit. Still not convinced that they are not keeping him from playing, then spinning this story to get the fans, if not happy that he's going, then to at least divert their anger at the player instead of the club. Pardew has been trying to flog him all summer, and with the French coaches comments you would think that he would want to be involved either on Wednesday or at the weekend, if only to keep his international career afloat. It might be just him spitting his dummy out, but to be honest I don't believe a word that comes out of Pardew or Kinnear's mouthes. I also reckon that the main reason that Kinnear was brought in was to give the fans a target, because Ashley never had any intention of spending money this window.

I'm not sure I buy the current line about Cabaye refusing to play. We all know that the regime are full of shit. Still not convinced that they are not keeping him from playing, then spinning this story to get the fans, if not happy that he's going, then to at least divert their anger at the player instead of the club. Pardew has been trying to flog him all summer, and with the French coaches comments you would think that he would want to be involved either on Wednesday or at the weekend, if only to keep his international career afloat. It might be just him spitting his dummy out, but to be honest I don't believe a word that comes out of Pardew or Kinnear's mouthes. I also reckon that the main reason that Kinnear was brought in was to give the fans a target, because Ashley never had any intention of spending money this window.

I am inclined to believe this,I did read somewhere that he was being kept out in case of injury ...i.e price goes down ....and these excuses are just punted out to pacify us... plus Kinnears spin ..We are two 2 games into a 38 game season and already the doom merchants are out says it all....we should be battling/trying to win from the very start of the season...and the players to do that

What absolutely fucks me off is that we won't move on a replacement until cabayes been sold. It must have been abundantly clear that the player wanted to move on. Why the fuck couldn't we have brought in a replacement before selling him? Is the club run on such a shoestring it's impossible to find the money to do this? This brinkmanship may get the best price for cabaye but we may not have any time to get anybody decent in or worse still be left with a depressed cabaye stuck with a team he doesn't want to play for. I get the sense we've done fuck all this summerexcept chase gomis and remy which is incredibly short sighted given cabayes evidently wanted to leave for a year now.

If you believe we aren't playing him to ensure he doesnt get injured, you are as deluded as Kinnear.

Paradiddle has said "its a situation that's been forced upon us. Trust me." or some shit and as far as I know the bloke hasn't been fined for refusing to play ? Pairing those would suggest he's being kept out .

Having said that - I too don't believe a thing Pardew says .

Given the constant purpouseful disinformation we're fed all that can be realistically concluded is that someone's full of shit up there .

Cockney French bastards .

I can see a last transfer day deadline day news here for cabaye i can see him sold at last minute and Ashley wont bring anyone in.

Even if he was sold with 2 or 3 days left it wouldn't leave enough time to find the correct replacement

Even if he was sold with 2 or 3 days left it wouldn't leave enough time to find the correct replacement

His replacement is going to Spurs.Christian Eriksen.If ever was a time to spend big and show ambition it would be him should Cabaye leave.

I'd rather us just focus on players that are staying for the foreseeable future tbh, even if Cabaye stays for now he'll be off soon. I doubt the players are all too chuffed with him in all mind.