Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

If the rumoured rafts of players leaving comes to fruition, it basically means they have to sign players in the summer. We won't get Remy, Cisse will be away and possibly Shola. Losing Coloccini is losing your captain, Williamson isn't good enough, in general and there's always a wildcard in Krul being snapped up. You're looking at a lot of upheaval at a club that has, in recent years, been quiet in transfer windows. Graham Carr better have another round of bargains in his notebook.

There is no plan to gradually get stronger every year, there never has been. The only plan we have is the business model that made this fucker his millions. Go out there and find me cheap foreign imports we can sell at a profit. Oh, and make sure we're still in the Premier League as it's the shop window to sell it on at a killing.

Anyone who think there is a master plan to win a cup or make progress is deluded.

To be fair I don't think Ashley is gaining much financially out of NUFC. The business model is simply to stay afloat (i.e., stay up). We'll do whatever it takes to preserve our status in the league but unless the team do exceptionally well in spite of Ashley (like they did 2 years ago), we'll never be fighting for anything.

If the rumoured rafts of players leaving comes to fruition, it basically means they have to sign players in the summer. We won't get Remy, Cisse will be away and possibly Shola. Losing Coloccini is losing your captain, Williamson isn't good enough, in general and there's always a wildcard in Krul being snapped up. You're looking at a lot of upheaval at a club that has, in recent years, been quiet in transfer windows. Graham Carr better have another round of bargains in his notebook.

Yeah. Guaranteed overhaul in the summer. Not just the stars but players out of contract too. Gutierrez off as well. Like I said, I think the Cabaye fee will cover incomings, since the likes of Coloccini and Cisse sadly won't make much money for us.

To be fair I don't think Ashley is gaining much financially out of NUFC. The business model is simply to stay afloat (i.e., stay up). We'll do whatever it takes to preserve our status in the league but unless the team do exceptionally well in spite of Ashley (like they did 2 years ago), we'll never be fighting for anything.

Accounts are out in the coming months. He is taking money out now. The cost of relegation was supposed to be repaid to Ashley by this year and he took half of it last year.

:lol:

I wonder how long it will take you to come up with a similar justification for Cabaye's sale.

But we all knew he was going!

He went on strike ffs only a few months ago!

Better to have big bucks now than pennies in the summer (as long as it's invested in more quality players).

Nolan - Cabaye

Simpson - Debuchy

Taylor - Mbwia

Jonas - Gouffran, Sissoko, Anita

Ba - Remy

Off the top of my head.....

But we all knew he was going!

He went on strike ffs only a few months ago!

Better to have big bucks now than pennies in the summer (as long as it's invested in more quality players).

Nolan - Cabaye

Simpson - Debuchy

Taylor - Mbwia

Jonas - Gouffran, Sissoko, Anita

Ba - Remy

Off the top of my head.....

We've just sold one of your examples and we don't own another.

Terry Fuckwit.

To be fair I don't think Ashley is gaining much financially out of NUFC.

Apart from tens of millions of pounds of free advertising for his international empire, obviously.

CT fuckin LOVING this window :lol:

Why didn't we want to keep any of these players CT?.....Cabaye included?....

Go back and read the business plan.

"Wipe our own nose/mouth/arse" etc

I'm not saying I prefer it this way or that I wouldn't rather have Cabaye, but don't kid yourself that we were never going to sell Cabaye and don't kid yourself that most other clubs don't do the same either.

Accounts are out in the coming months. He is taking money out now. The cost of relegation was supposed to be repaid to Ashley by this year and he took half of it last year.

A relegation single handedly caused by the football genius himself......I'll be there v Cardiff in May waiting for the latest set of figures to be proudly paraded around the pitch :)

Tbf to CT people be tripping if they think we could have held onto Ba and Enrique. Both made it clear they wanted out and one had contractual advantages to do so asap. Both have been shit since, along with AC. I honestly can't image how we could have kept Cabaye if his behavior during the arsenal bid is anything to go by...

Edited by Park Life

Tbf to CT people be tripping if they think we could have held onto Ba and Enrique. Both made it clear they wanted out and one had contractual advantages to do so asap. Both have been shit since, along with AC. I honestly can't image how we could have kept Cabaye if his behavior during the arsenal bid is anything to go by...

If we think he stropped after Arsenal, imagine the lip on blocking a PSG move!

The point about the players having their heads turned was that there was nothing at this club to point their heads back. If the club had showed some ambition and communicated to the players that they had a big plan and were going to strengthen then I think Ba, Enrique etc might have stayed. If a team fighting for the top 4 comes knocking then why shouldn't you go if your own club is basically saying 'Top 4? Fuck that.'

Edited by sweetleftpeg

The point about the players having their heads turned was that there was nothing at this club to point their heads back. If the club had showed some ambition and communicated to the players that they had a big plan and were going to strengthen then I think Ba, Enrique etc might have stayed. If a team fighting for the top 4 comes knocking then why shouldn't you go if your own club is basically saying 'Top 4? Fuck that.'

Ba was asking for 80k bro. It's what he's on at Chelsea.

Remember those John Terry revelations and Ashley Cole getting moody...They were fighting over 115,000 and 70k a week.

Rooney will be on 300k or summink and half the Man C side are on 100k or thereabouts...

It's not just transfer fees...These kinds of players are completely fucked in the head money wise.

Cabaye will have doubled his wages I have no doubt about that.

Edited by Park Life

I would imagine if he hadn't got away this week the toys would have been out the pram on Saturday morning.

Tbf to CT people be tripping if they think we could have held onto Ba and Enrique. Both made it clear they wanted out and one had contractual advantages to do so asap. Both have been shit since, along with AC. I honestly can't image how we could have kept Cabaye if his behavior during the arsenal bid is anything to go buy...

I'm under no illusions of our incapabilities under Ashley.

CT claims there is reason for optimism despite being incapable of holding onto those assets though.

He talks crossed purposed bullshit about stepping up to the next level justifying the sales of our best players as we apparently improve the squad... even as he's slating their replacements like Santon, Debuchy and Ben Arfa.

Absolutely. The club have hurtled towards 40 points (probably shitting themselves in the process) so limped out of two cups and now have the pipe and slippers out. Job done for another season, sell who you want at a profit, there's fuck all to play for.

Ba's a right greedy cunt tbh. The only ambition he has is to fill his wallet. The time for strengthening was 12/13's window and they didn't bother themselves and you could feel all the momentum disappear. From there on in, it was obvious they didn't care about pushing on from the flukey 5th finish.