Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

agree. he's good, he's not that good. in fact he was pretty ordinary last season.

if we reinvested the 20m of whatever we get for him, i'd go along with that. chances are we won't though and because of that i'd rather keep him.

Totally agree.

Thing is, even if we do reinvest the 20m - Ashley will have got away without spending for the second summer in a row! Some will even give him praise for spending the Cabaye money!

This has got "Andy Carrol 2" written all over it iyam...am waiting for the press conference before the Villa game "The bid from Arsenal came too late, we've got Vukic fit though, so its like a new signing", all the while waiting for the call confirming that Geoff Thomas is joining on loan for the rest of the season...

Not sure why PSG dropping their interest is seen as a good thing. With them out of the equation goes a chance of a bidding war, them paying over the odds and Cabaye not playing for an English club. The latter point is significant to me because I hate seeing our top players play for other clubs in this league, at least if they're playing in another league you don't have to worry about that.

BBC reporting it was Cabaye that refused to play today, not le Toon keeping him wrapped up and protected for a transfer

And so it starts with the classic French stroppiness... with as many frogs onboard as we have it had to happen sooner or later. What a great example being set and a complete lack of respect.

Be interesting to see if his stroppiness pays off for him. He can fuck right off as far as I'm concerned, I hope we're fining him to buggery

You and me both, I hate when players pull this shit and tbh I thought Cabaye was a decent lad until this. Just goes to show how selfish the cunts are.

Edited by TheMoog

I suspect Cabaye wanted to leave this time last year and we didn't get our valuation so he didn't get his move. A prolonged pouty then followed and a loss of form. He's therefore decided this time around he's going to force the club to sell by going on strike rather than doing the right thing and being stuck with us for another season.

Of course I've no evidence of any of that. The fact remains he's paid to play for our club until such time as he leaves, he can make his point without refusing to play, the massive twat.

If I remember rightly Cabaye is one of mikes favourite players at the club.

Don't really have a point to make alongside this, just thought it was worth mentioning

Sell Cabaye and should have bought Tom Huddlestone. Very,very seldom misplaces a pass. Like a fat less mobile Michael Carrick. But Tiote and Jonas etc couldve done his running for him. If you want a passer, a shaper of games then he's your man. Pity he's the sort of signing we wouldnt make nowadays, he deserves a better stage than fuckin Hull too.

My Nolan comment was partly tongue in cheek.

Regarding Huddlestone, I've never seen much of him. Did he get an extended run of games for Spurs? Maybe it's telling that Hull and the Mackems were the only interested teams?

Off topic, funny seeing Bellamy on the wide right of a front 3 today, 8 years after Souness wanted to play him there.

Cabaye courted man-u back in June, so I can well believe he's on strike. The deafening silent from his side speaks volumes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8763244/

We shouldnt protect player who are disrespecting the club!

If he is on strike then we should take a leaf out of Liverpools' books. Tell the worlds he's on strike, Arsenal are to cheap to meet the asking price AND Cabaye wont play for the club again until he apologises to the fans, players and club staff.

If a player wants to leave they have to hand in a transfer request and have the clubs reasonable terms met (financial and replacement lined up).

This must be his last world cup (he'll be 32 at the next), so let him rot in the reserves for a year, the power is with us!

Cabaye courted man-u back in June, so I can well believe he's on strike. The deafening silent from his side speaks volumes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8763244/

We shouldnt protect player who are disrespecting the club!

If he is on strike then we should take a leaf out of Liverpools' books. Tell the worlds he's on strike, Arsenal are to cheap to meet the asking price AND Cabaye wont play for the club again until he apologises to the fans, players and club staff.

If a player wants to leave they have to hand in a transfer request and have the clubs reasonable terms met (financial and replacement lined up).

This must be his last world cup (he'll be 32 at the next), so let him rot in the reserves for a year, the power is with us!

I would love nothing more for the club to do that, but we simply won't.

Pardew won't want to disrupt the rest of the French clique within the dressing room (if it hasn't already), and Cashly will simply wants the price to go up and Cabaye will be in his helicopter on transfer deadline day. If he was to end up staying, and in the reserves, no doubt he would simply chuck more toys out and our squad would be in even more of a state.

Strange one, but I'd rather we sold and got something out of it, even if its cash in Ashleys pocket so he fucks off sooner.

Putting him in reserves costs us too dearly.

how so?