Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

If and it's a big if, Pardew has any control / influence over these sort of things then I would have commended the way he's handled Cabayes strike and chosen words carefully so bridges could be quickly mended should a sale not go through.

That being the case I'm not sure why he's chosen to make this public following Cabayes two matches under his belt and booing /acceptance back into the fold.

Seems odd.

If and it's a big if, Pardew has any control / influence over these sort of things then I would have commended the way he's handled Cabayes strike and chosen words carefully so bridges could be quickly mended should a sale not go through.That being the case I'm not sure why he's chosen to make this public following Cabayes two matches under his belt and booing /acceptance back into the fold.Seems odd.

Managers generally impose fines at football clubs,according to a set of rules agreed by the players. Are you suggesting someone other than Pardew imposed the fine?...

Managers generally impose fines at football clubs,according to a set of rules agreed by the players. Are you suggesting someone other than Pardew imposed the fine?...

New idea. I think it's more strange that after all the tip toeing they (whoever they are) felt the need to go public.

New idea. I think it's more strange that after all the tip toeing they (whoever they are) felt the need to go public.

Pardew making a public statement: "IM IN CONTROL OF ALL THESE SURRENDER MONKEYS, HONEST"

Self serving, but most work places are full of petty battles for power. Pardew can excercise his via the press.

I doubt this will have been a fine in the traditional sense (like backchat or turning up late for training). More likely docking his wages was a formality.

I know it might sound like symantics, but a fine is usually a penalty for conduct. Where as not being paid for not playing is an obvious outcome.

I doubt Cabaye or the club give it a passing thought.

Edited by Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any stupid mugs still think he wasn't on strike?

"Was my failed transfer to Arsenal difficult to swallow? At first, yes.

"But you have to quickly get focused again, because if you go on thinking about it you have a grudge against a lot of people and that is useless.

"I quickly forget about it and go back to work."

"The only person who can explain what happened is Joe Kinnear. If he is honest, he will tell it. Otherwise it will not get out of my mouth."

Cabaye insists that he does not hold anything against some Newcastle fans who booed him upon his return.

"The fans' state of mind was due to what the club wanted to let them know," he said.

"As I didn't talk and I won't give any explanation about what happened, they chose their side. That is part of a career, but I bear no grudge against no one. I accept it, it is in the past."

Cabaye admitted that only Kinnear could reveal the truth behind the situation.

He said: "The only person who can explain what happened is Joe Kinnear. If he is honest, he will tell it. Otherwise it will not get out of my mouth."

Being a bit more honest now that he's not talking in the club magazine?