Yohan Cabaye

Anorthernsoul

Cabaye's reaction just reflects the perception of how the players see the club being run; with a total lack of ambition. It's how we see it, so we'd be naive to think the players don't think the same. If the club showed ambition and that they wanted to compete then this bid would be laughed at by the club and Cabaye wouldn't give much of a shite. It seems low but Arsenal know how we work and whilst publicly the club may have leaked that they are unhappy with it I bet privately they've written down a number on a piece of paper and handed it straight back..

O and one for the prediction thread, if cabaye goes debuchy will be gone within an year

Aye I was wondering about how the French players he apparently helped convince come here would be feeling after yesterday.

Considering whats happening at Arsenal and how they are nowhere near the top 3 it would be a strange move for him to go there, but I wouldn't blame him one little bit if he went anywhere else. What player with an ounce of ambition would like to stay here under the circumstances?

Aye I was wondering about how the French players he apparently helped convince come here would be feeling after yesterday.

Considering whats happening at Arsenal and how they are nowhere near the top 3 it would be a strange move for him to go there, but I wouldn't blame him one little bit if he went anywhere else. What player with an ounce of ambition would like to stay here under the circumstances?

They are nowhere near the top 3 after 1 game.

They finished 4th last year which is about as close as you can get.

They need to spend about 60m to get top 4 this year....Spurs are ahead of them now and Liv level.

They need to spend about 60m to get top 4 this year....Spurs are ahead of them now and Liv level.

It's in your interests to tout that line, given your history on here of claiming Wenger is a spent force going back years. He still gets in the top 4 every year without fail though, without spending huge, despite what you say.

I'd be very interested to see what they did if they could secure Suarez.

It's in your interests to tout that line, given your history on here of claiming Wenger is a spent force going back years. He still gets in the top 4 every year without fail though, without spending huge, despite what you say.

I'd be very interested to see what they did if they could secure Suarez.

I tout whatever line I want ringo!! :lol:

Wenger will fall this season. Done.

EBWUjP3.jpg

Edited by Park Life

from the Mirror :

They made their bid for France midfielder Cabaye on Friday after Mikel Arteta was ruled out with a torn thigh muscle which is now expected to keep him out for eight weeks.

They've been scraping through to 4th place over the last few years. In their 9th year without a trophy, and a have a squad nowhere near as strong as the top 3.

Chelsea, Man Utd and City are thinking about the title whereas Arsenal are under serious threat of dropping out of the champions league places.

Aye I know 4th is pretty close to 3rd but as things stand the top 3 are in a league of their own.

Two very different versions of events going around.. It'll have the same result regardless so no point getting worked up about it.

They may as well sell the whole first team squad and be done with it at this rate.

After things seemed to be going ok, I wonder what got up Ashley's nose for the complete turnaround.. perhaps he has a private schizophrenia issue.. And as a child had recurring nightmares about birds.. Mainly magpies, all laughing at him. So had vowed vengeance.. Or perhaps not, would explain a few things though.

He seems intent on driving us into the ground in any case..

As a club owner, is he not bound by some sort of rule to act in the clubs best interest?

do you really see it that way? and that the club really want to hang on to him and not make £15m+ on his sale?

According to chronicle Cabaye decided he didn't want to play.

(I'm sure the club do want as much as they can get, but choosing not to play for your team a couple of hours before kick off is pretty shit like)

It's shit, but if I had no loyalty beyond the fact they pay my wages, if I saw the football club I play for show not an ounce of ambition, I'd not be overly keen on playing and possibly getting injured in a game we're probably going to lose anyway.

Is it shit? yep.

Am I surprised? Nope.

Anybody got a conservative guess as to how much longer Ashley is going to be at my club?

It's shit, but if I had no loyalty beyond the fact they pay my wages, if I saw the football club I play for show not an ounce of ambition, I'd not be overly keen on playing and possibly getting injured in a game we're probably going to lose anyway.

Is it shit? yep.

Am I surprised? Nope.

Anybody got a conservative guess as to how much longer Ashley is going to be at my club?

2 years max.

According to chronicle Cabaye decided he didn't want to play.

(I'm sure the club do want as much as they can get, but choosing not to play for your team a couple of hours before kick off is pretty shit like)

Who would have told them that, and does it benefit them to make the claim?

there's your answer. gemmill nailed it earlier - we're a selling club. everyone's for sale and we're up for making a profit on all our best players.

yup, I thought that as soon as we started colour coding them all those years ago.

That said, nufc.com is saying we're buying 2 , so I might have to eat my own arse.

Is it shit? yep.

Am I surprised? Nope.

For as long as it looks like he can turn a profit in the long run. For a football club, we've generated a lot of cash with minimum expenditure. We do have him to thank for avoiding administration, but he's using the same fiscal approach even now its not possible.

I seriously can't see him going :/