Newcastle United vs Chelsea

Aeris

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the number of our own attacks he has broken up by putting a simple pass out for a throw in?

Simpson is a horrible footballer. He can't pass, he is terrible at cutting out crosses, he is cowardly when it comes to positioning and has a non-existent first touch. He is incredibly fortunate to have earned so much money from being so poor.

I agree with this - Simpson is a shocking player at this level, absolutely shocking. Can't understand how anyone has seen him play even a handful of times could say otherwise.

I agree with this - Simpson is a shocking player at this level, absolutely shocking. Can't understand how anyone has seen him play even a handful of times could say otherwise.

I've got family in Accrington. Blackburn fans they are and when we signed him they couldn't believe it. He spent a whole season at Blackburn under Allardyce on loan, and only played 10 games for them because he was so shit. Worst right back they'd ever had was one of the comments. I think he's a bit better than that like but certainly he is the epitome of the modern shit footballer. Works hard, doesn't like having the ball, and despite his limited ability has come out with crack like...."looking forward to the England squad being announced today ;)". He truly believed he'd be picked.

3-2 Cisse hatrick. Ba gets 2 for them but overshadowed. It's universal karma this game. :) Would help if Mata's knock keeps him out. They've got players away at the ACN as well. Rafa is all over the place with this lot. Absolutely sure we'll win this and away at Spurs - AVB is the most unfootball manager in football. An easily panicked nail biting ginge clown. Both fatty and skinny's days are numbered in football management.

Edited by Park Life

OKEY, get it, it's not for every game, but I was only trying to project a more secure defensive formation in a match we're probably gonna be sitting back large parts of the game anyway. Even with Sissoko and Cabaye we are still in a little deep shit when it comes to confidence, and I'm not so sure we'll stand a chance if we match Chelsea with the same type of formation as them. They got amazing wingers like, we have none... but we have way better players than Villa had yesterday playing us with a similar tactic.

You can only try your best!

Understand where you're coming from. It could work and follow your logic (apart from the 10 players part ; ) ) it's just one of those formations that has previously fell flat on it's face. The late great SBR even tried it a couple of times...

There is little in the way of constructive criticism in this topic anyway, including me, I think we know we have to do something significantly different but fuck knows what. Kidnap pards before half time and let Collo do the team talk...

Regarding sitting back, like we seemed to do against Villa ... we just can't do it at present and it bugs the shit out of me when we try it. Not sure if it's formation, tactics, or what, I just know we can't do it. We done the same thing last season and got away with it, when we shouldn't have. Take Man U last season, where we hung on by the skin of our teeth after wave after wave of balls into the box. We didn't have the composure then and don't have the composure now to play that way, we just had one hell of a lot of luck last season compared to present. I think this approach in general is a poor decision by Pards... why not try and score goals like in the first half against Villa, they created very little when we done that. So why sit back and let them play in the first place? Chelsea are a different kettle of fish but if we sit back we will get hammered I am afraid.

FFS Debuchy has played 180 minutes in a new form of football, there's going to be teething problems. Anyone who knows football could see that he is a top drawer player at Euro2012, particularly going forward, he'll actually make goals this bloke and look at it like this, he is first choice for a much better international team than England. If we was English, we'd be delighted to have the England right back.

I hope Demba plays, I have a feeling if he does he'll have a stinker and we'll benefit. If this game was played last week I'd say we have no chance, but I think it's all to play for, a victory would surely end Rafa's time there.

By the way which of these new players can play in Europe for us? M'Biwa can't as Montpellier were in the CL, I think Lille were too, but the rest can? Sissoko?

Players who have played in the Champions League can play in the wafa but I think you might only be able to play one (not sure if that's one at a time or you can just register one).

-Rafa is all over the place with this lot.

-AVB is the most unfootball manager in football. An easily panicked nail biting ginge clown.

Not to overlook that both these feats are extremely pronounced in the way Alan Pardew does his job....

Im not confident about this one at all. Still think its a big ask to rely on Jonas and this Goufran to supply the bullets for Cisse. Sissoko and Cabaye will be kept a lot busier than they were against Villa.

Gouffran and Jonas doesn't supply, Gouffran is a more of a free-role attacker probably more skilled in the art of cutting inside and pass or score or just poach,and Jonas if anything he's become a defender under Pardew.

Marveaux and Debuchy are our only half-reliable suppliers from out wide (if we speak of crossing).

Edited by Aeris

Gouffran and Jonas doesn't supply, Gouffran is a more of a free-role attacker probably more skilled in the art of cutting inside and pass or score or just poach,and Jonas if anything he's become a defender under Pardew.

Marveaux and Debuchy are our only half-reliable suppliers from out wide (if we speak of crossing).

Fucking hell, Cisse isn't Shearer so we need to stop "whipping in the crosses" for him.

Sissoko showed exactly the type of ball Cisse likes and scores from.

I wouldn't even argue so much with negative tactics when we're trying to hold onto a lead as long they were something more than just punting a long ball up to one of the least mobile players in the league. Especially when as (as Tom showed with his stats) the ball comes back every time.

I think there's arguments for and against long ball but now the squad is improving & players like Williamson & Simpson aren't in the team we have to be looking towards keeping possesion better.

If I was a Stoke fan I wouldn't have any quarells with long ball because it works, however at times I've seen them play decent football.

The demand of the fans to play 433/short passes obviously stems from the handful of games last season where we excelled in that formation & style - however when you play that all the time you'll get found out so like anyone we'll need to be flexible & like anyone else we need the right players to do that.

I think we have creative players in Ben Arfa,Cabaye, Marveaux & Sissoko, possibly Goufran so I think Cisse will be busy enough. I think our problem is when we set out to defend & play long ball pretty much everybody gets back - apart from Shola so it just comes back to us again & again.

I think having 2 or 3 up - or ready to go up at all times is a bit better. Sacchi's Milan used to play with 7 players who's role was primarily to defend & three who would be ready to attack , Slaven Bilic used to split it 5 attackers/5 defenders & variants of that. Sure France did something similar.

It's got to be better than Sholaball. Even when we are not under pressure we tend to lose it. Obviously when it works we can't complain.

Same here, we haven't scored from a corner all season.

Cabaye was disappointing again against Villa from corners, have to say Anita was getting quite good at it. Not sure how he is going to fit into the team anymore though.

Really looking forward to this particularly as Ive missed a few over the Christmas and New Year.

Cant wait to see all the new boys live in action and quietly confident that we could get something.

I hear Mata is out and that is good news apparently.

Hopefully we will have a fit Marveaux back for Jonas.

Meant to be a very sunny, but very cold afternoon.

Hopefully Pards will go out like we did at Arsenal & Man U. We won't get much from sitting back and trying to catch them on the break (although Sissoko could probably help us do that), so would be nice to see us go and attack from the off.