Given up smoking

peasepud

Well, its a whole 48 hours since I last had a smoke and so far its not causing me much in the way of problems but has anyone got any good ways of combatting effects of cold turkey when they do hit?

76855[/snapback]

Have a tab !!! :rolleyes::lol:

Coke, smack, hash, angel dust..... just one fix'll do you :rolleyes::lol:.

Seriously tho- never have smoked so I've no suggestions for you Pud, but good luck and smart move big man.

Well, its a whole 48 hours since I last had a smoke and so far its not causing me much in the way of problems but has anyone got any good ways of combatting effects of cold turkey when they do hit?

76855[/snapback]

76856[/snapback]

:(

IF the lass is willing be willing to be bribed with some deviant sexual behaviour that you've always had a yen for but never dared ask for each week without smoking.

76855[/snapback]

76856[/snapback]

76859[/snapback]

Only joking Pud.....good on you, wish I could do it instead of freezing me ass off stuck to the metal seats in the smoking bubble !!!

Tried it once or twice myself but kept trying to light the pretend plastic cigarete the doc gave me to give me something to do with my hands... : :(

IF the lass is willing be willing to be bribed with some deviant sexual behaviour that you've always had a yen for but never dared ask for each week without smoking.

76861[/snapback]

hmmmmm I likes your way of thinking :rolleyes:

76861[/snapback]

hmmmmm I likes your way of thinking :rolleyes:

76879[/snapback]

Do have my uses questionable as they may be. :lol::(

76855[/snapback]

Just think to yourself:

Asprilla's Foreskin is an irritating little cunt (apparently :rolleyes: )...a pussy....a pathetic spineless individual.....

Whatever you like, then consider this:

I was man enough to give up over 2 years ago...no patches, no inhalers, nothing. If I can do it and you can't....what kind of arse are YOU!? :(:lol:

PS I found reading Allen Carr's book helpful...he's not 100% right (ie you DO get cravings :( ) but the psychology of WHY you smoke and the fact that each cigarette only makes you want another one is useful.

Good luck :(

And BTW...I feel SO much better now you wouldn't believe it...the cravings stop killing after about 3 weeks, after that it's much easier...if you can get to 3 months you're almost there.

Just remember NEVER have another one...it won't work.

I was man enough to give up over 2 years ago...no patches, no inhalers, nothing. If I can do it and you can't....what kind of arse are YOU!?  :lol:  :rolleyes:

76899[/snapback]

Its the only way to do it, however not wanting to piss on your parade or owt but I once gave up for over 7 years! then got the cravings and fought em for 6 months before giving in so its a long long road mate. Never assume you're over it.

76855[/snapback]

Fuck me, has a year passed already? :rolleyes:

I'll give you til the 15th! :lol:

You've got to keep your mind occupied, do yourself a favour and carry a deck of cards around the house. Also a clicky pen is useful for keeping the fingers busy.

My advice is just don't be such a soft shite. It's only a tab. Are you gonna let it chin you? Eh? EH? :lol:

Good luck though. I've never been a smoker, but I can imagine what AF says is true - that you'll feel MILES better in yourself for getting shot of them. Plus you won't fucking stink anymore....well, not of tabs anyway. :rolleyes:

My advice is just don't be such a soft shite.  It's only a tab.  Are you gonna let it chin you?  Eh?  EH? :(

Good luck though.  I've never been a smoker, but I can imagine what AF says is true - that you'll feel MILES better in yourself for getting shot of them.  Plus you won't fucking stink anymore....well, not of tabs anyway. :(

77009[/snapback]

Thanks.......I think :lol:

although on second thoughts........:rolleyes:

After giving up for seven years previously, I don't think there's much advice I can give. Keep it up though.

Mind you, after seven years without one, you should have been hit over the head with a stick for starting again you daft lad!

I was man enough to give up over 2 years ago...no patches, no inhalers, nothing. If I can do it and you can't....what kind of arse are YOU!?  :(  :rolleyes:

76899[/snapback]

Its the only way to do it, however not wanting to piss on your parade or owt but I once gave up for over 7 years! then got the cravings and fought em for 6 months before giving in so its a long long road mate. Never assume you're over it.

76904[/snapback]

Give the lad a break man Pud, he's just trying to fit in :lol:

Liquorice helped me. Though I have recently started again after being tab free for over a year, works just so depressing I cant help it :rolleyes: . 2 a day doesnt classify me as being a smoker again in my book though

77028[/snapback]

Drop them now though, every time Ive given up Ive thought "well I used to do 20 a day, one or two isnt going to hurt" but then before you know it those 2 become 25.

You will find that within a month you're smoking more than you ever did before, its as if your body tries to reclaim that missed year.

After giving up for seven years previously, I don't think there's much advice I can give. Keep it up though.

Mind you, after seven years without one, you should have been hit over the head with a stick for starting again you daft lad!

77023[/snapback]

Dont blame me, blame ASDA (Im sure Ive told the story of the Regal & Mushroom pizza on here before).

:rolleyes:

If you can give up for 7 years, you can give up for life, surely? Just do what you did before, or consider nicotine replacement or bupropion (from your GP) as an aid in the short term. After that will power is the only answer.

Also I guess you could put the money you would have spent aside and use it to buy "treats" as an incentive, or even towards a gym membership....