Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Tottenham haven't lost leauge games this year but their last three league games have been draws.

Let's hope they lose tomorrow and smash up some of their key players aswell so we meet them when they are on their dickend.

Right now I see a Newcastle who's hungry to climb as high up the league as we possibly can.

We are certainly starting to see the abilities uncovering again, after periods of grey cloudy weather hanging over St.James' Park and all that horrid decision-makings.

I see a Pardew who got his stuff right for once, aimed for the win and got it with good help from Santon and Sissoko.

My credits to the players we have atm, they've never seemed better than they did vs Chelsea this season. Let's bring the same type of football to White Hart Lane!

I think I jinx the thread if I'm being to positive though, so 1-1.

Edited by Aeris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like we could beat anyone again after yesterday. We dominated Chelsea for the first half. And had the better of a lot of the second half as well. Why shouldn't we go to London and batter them?

I hope we're still a bogey team for Spurs, and we're definitely an unknown quantity again much like we were last season.

Jonas and Debuchy should hopefully contain Bale, and it'd definitely be time to bring in Mbiwa for Taylor to cancel out Defoe.

Before the January window this would've been a humping but we can definitely go and get a result, especially with Sissoko on song.

I hope we're still a bogey team for Spurs, and we're definitely an unknown quantity again much like we were last season.

Jonas and Debuchy should hopefully contain Bale, and it'd definitely be time to bring in Mbiwa for Taylor to cancel out Defoe.

Before the January window this would've been a humping but we can definitely go and get a result, especially with Sissoko on song.

Surely can't drop Taylor after his best performance in a very long time?

Tottenham are undefeated in the league this calendar year, but haven't won in their last three.

I'd welcome a loss for them in a bruising physical encounter tomorrow so that they're tired and sore when we face them.

Right now I see a revitalised Newcastle United, hungry to climb as high up the league table as possible.

We are starting to see the ability of our players shining through the seemingly grey cloudy weather hanging over St James' Park like bursts of spirit raising, life giving sun.

In Pardew I see a manager who made the right decisions for once, had victory in his sight and with the help of his players (most notably Sissoko and Santon) his target was hit.

I have to give credit to our players, they've collectively never played better this season than they did against Chelsea. The challenge now for them is to take the same style of football to White Hart Lane!

I think I jinx the result if I'm being too positive, so with that in mind I'm predicting 1-1.

FYP.

Pardew isn't going to mess with a winning formula, so withstanding injury it will be Taylor and Coloccini in the centre of our defense.

Defo definitely out for at least 3weeks according to AVB. Tiote back too, looking like an excellent squad now.

Adebayor could be back for them soon too, Togo's facing Burkina Faso tonight but I think the Burkinabes are favourites.

Has Perch done anything wrong to justify being dropped? Tbh - Tiote hasn't had the best season so far, and I cringe everytime he loses the ball in our half. Perch may not be as good - but he doesn't get caught out. And he definitely seems to have up'ed his game since new arrivals have come.

Never thought I'd say this but I'd rather us start Perch, the midfield is settled at the moment and spurs are dangerous tiote has been poor this season so I'd worry if we hoyed him in to this one. Unless tiote comes back and looks immense again in training.