Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

Looked a tired second half display. Tottenham played sissoko well didn't give him any room.

Result was probably about fair.

A reasoned assessment, as opposed to the mass of people looking for someone to blame and point the finger at.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be watching someone else, he's very skillfull IMO, holds it well and has good touch.

I seen on more than several occasions balls coming into feet and he was taking a touch and going 2 yds away from him and he didn't get passed on player with the ball from what I seen

Disappointed with the result. Played well first half. Felt we might just nick a draw. Losing Goufran was the turning point. Looks a tidy player so far. Sissoko less dominant than previous games. He's human after all

Reckon we were good for a point, Bale was the difference. Decent performance from the majority of the team and it was 2 defensive errors that cost us in my opinion.

Silly foul and the wall should have jumped, then the second was the indecision. If Taylor had been in Colo's position he would have steamed into the loose ball and taken man and ball. Colo hesitated and it cost us.

Reckon we were good for a point, Bale was the difference. Decent performance from the majority of the team and it was 2 defensive errors that cost us in my opinion.

Silly foul and the wall should have jumped, then the second was the indecision. If Taylor had been in Colo's position he would have steamed into the loose ball and taken man and ball. Colo hesitated and it cost us.

Taylor let the first ball bounce too, mind.

After the first half I was hoping we could hang on for a draw but we became careless and sloppy.

No one played as well as they did last week with the exception of Gouffron who was looking better.

Sissoko was a bit disappointing after his last week's display.

Bigger doubts now about Cisse's striking ability.

Jonas was poor.

I thought a better job would have been done in marking Bale but man-marking seems to be a thing of the past. In my day someone would have been in his shorts for 90 minutes.

Santon didn't play as well as last week.

Disappointing result after the glow of last week.

Taylor let the first ball bounce too, mind.

Oh aye, the second goal was due to 3 players hesitating, I was just saying Taylor loves to steam into those things, but couldn't from his angle.

Through the rest of the season the only games I'm writing off are Man City and Arsenal (and even Arsenal is last game at home, so might be a nothing game that we show off a bit in).

I'm pretty happy with that performance tbh. We had the better of them in the first half and then both teams were shithouse in the second half. One defensive cockup cost us a draw. And even then we could have snatched it at the end with Shola's chance.

I wouldn't even go close to writing off the Arsenal game. Starting to get that feeling from last year where we could beat anyone.

After the first half I was hoping we could hang on for a draw but we became careless and sloppy.

No one played as well as they did last week with the exception of Gouffron who was looking better.

Sissoko was a bit disappointing after his last week's display.

Bigger doubts now about Cisse's striking ability.

Jonas was poor.

I thought a better job would have been done in marking Bale but man-marking seems to be a thing of the past. In my day someone would have been in his shorts for 90 minutes.

Santon didn't play as well as last week.

Disappointing result after the glow of last week.

God I dont know what people are expecting Cisse to do when he barely has one decent chance setup for him in the whole game. In the circumstances he did pretty much everything you could ask an abondoned lone striker to do. Sissoko's not going to score two goals every week, thought he was still better than our other attacking players in that al least he was able to make a pass in the final third where the others just lost it today.

Keep the faith. Ben Arfa will provide that X factor which was what we lacked today and Spurs had in Bale.

Shame we lost but hard to argue with Bale's quality. Even if they sell him for £30 million, whoever and however many players they bring in won't make it up for him not being there.

Edited by Rayvin

Fair result I thought.

Bale is in great form, and it's good timing as the rest of the side aren't clicking at the minute., but all the 'one man team' stuff is a bit off in my view. Yes he's our most talented player, but the rest of the team muck in too, as these pre-match stats confirm:

A1698_zpsce4e218f.jpg

Thought you looked very good in spells, especially first half, and it was fairly even until Gouffran went off.

Chin up, you're nailed on to be challenging for the European spots next season.

Reasonable, but surely it's fair to say that without Bale you're in a much worse state?

If Bale had to limp off I'd have fancied us to get a draw at the very least. Everything good about Spurs went through Bale and when Real, PSG, Man U or whomever come in for him I don't believe the promise of Champions League appearances and the occasional domestic cup will be enough to convince him to stay.

Fair result I thought.

Bale is in great form, and it's good timing as the rest of the side aren't clicking at the minute., but all the 'one man team' stuff is a bit off in my view. Yes he's our most talented player, but the rest of the team muck in too, as these pre-match stats confirm:

A1698_zpsce4e218f.jpg

Thought you looked very good in spells, especially first half, and it was fairly even until Gouffran went off.

Chin up, you're nailed on to be challenging for the European spots next season.

Without looking too much into it first stat I looked at was sissokos, he's got two goals and an assist after his two games. Are the rest of the stats correct?...... Thought bale was the difference today and dembele really struggled. Usually a top player is he injured at the moment or just struggling to find form?

3 points off 11th with an easier block of 4 games than the teams around us.

sunderland - West Brom A, Fulham H, QPR A, Norwich H

5pts?

Fulham - Stoke H, sunderland A, Chelsea H, Spurs A

2-3pts?

Norwich - Everton H, Man U A, S'oton H, sunderland A

2-3pts?

S'oton - City H, Newcastle A, QPR H, Norwich A, Liverpool H

0-3pts?

We have S'oton H, Swansea A, Stoke H, Wigan A

Honestly? I reckon we should be looking at points from every game.

6-10pts?

I'd fancy us

5pts?

2-3pts?

2-3pts?

0-3pts?

6-10pts?

I'd fancy us

I'd agree with this. Even with Swansea in there I'd be a bit disappointed not to win all of them. Just seems like we've stepped up a gear (or five).

5pts?

2-3pts?

2-3pts?

0-3pts?

6-10pts?

I'd fancy us

Getting a bit carried away there, we need to turn up for a full 90 in every game instead of taking the foot off the gas like we've done too many times this season. It 's almost like they just switch off in the second half and sit back like points are in the bag.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Thought Tiote did well when he came on. Taylor should have cut Bale in half outside the box for their 2nd goal.

Shame that 2 errors have lost us the game. The Bale love in is getting daft now btw. He's good, but nowhere near as good as is made out