Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United

Aeris

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our next 6 games domestically and European should all be wins

Going away to a tough Ukrainian side with a decent size crowd is far from a nailed on win. Home games should all be victories then three draws away would be brilliant. Would see us in the next round of the Europa league and on 35pts after 30 games probably only requiring 5 further pts to guarantee safety and an additional 8pts for a top half finish (potentially)

Thought Tiote did well when he came on. Taylor should have cut Bale in half outside the box for their 2nd goal.

Shame that 2 errors have lost us the game. The Bale love in is getting daft now btw. He's good, but nowhere near as good as is made out

:up:

Thought Tiote did well when he came on. Taylor should have cut Bale in half outside the box for their 2nd goal.

Shame that 2 errors have lost us the game. The Bale love in is getting daft now btw. He's good, but nowhere near as good as is made out

Thats the spirit....

I'm sure you' like teams to hack down Ben Arfa at every opportunity...

Reasonable, but surely it's fair to say that without Bale you're in a much worse state?

If Bale had to limp off I'd have fancied us to get a draw at the very least. Everything good about Spurs went through Bale and when Real, PSG, Man U or whomever come in for him I don't believe the promise of Champions League appearances and the occasional domestic cup will be enough to convince him to stay.

I think barring one or two obvious exceptions, most teams would miss Bale if he left them.

You may be right, he's getting better every year and unless Spurs invest significantly in the Summer, which is unlikely given the new stadium being built, he'll be off. If we qualify for the Champions League, I reckon he'll give us another season, if we don't I think he'll go this summer. You know what Levy is like though, it'll take silly money to offload him - probably £40m at least if it's a Spanish side (preferable) or a lot more if an English club wants him.

Without looking too much into it first stat I looked at was sissokos, he's got two goals and an assist after his two games. Are the rest of the stats correct?...... Thought bale was the difference today and dembele really struggled. Usually a top player is he injured at the moment or just struggling to find form?

I can't vouch for the accuracy really, the bloke that runs the site they are from ( http://www.myfootballfacts.com/ ) is a Spurs fan, so I'd imagine more importance is placed on our stats.

Dembele started amazingly, but like a few others in the side has gone off the boil in recent weeks. He's a good player though. no doubt. He did pick up a knock recently.

The only club who can afford Bale at the money Spurs fans are bandying about is man citeh. I think the deal for him to go Real Madrid is probably done in principle,just the price needs sorting. Can't see him going for more than 25 million tbh.

Thought we were unlucky not to get a point yesterday, at the same time its fair to say Spurs were the better side, they worked Krul a bit more than we worked Loris (?)

I think Walker definitely left the boot in & the ref let Spurs of with all kinds of pushing & pulling - specifically from Parker. He rarely blew up for home offences & couldn't blow fast enough for ours but it's Dowd and he's a home ref. That said Cabaye was lucky but there was a lack of intent.

I think Walker definitely left the boot in & the ref let Spurs of with all kinds of pushing & pulling - specifically from Parker. He rarely blew up for home offences & couldn't blow fast enough for ours but it's Dowd and he's a home ref. That said Cabaye was lucky but there was a lack of intent.

That's what I thought first up, but on one particular replay he was miles from the ball (even where the ball was/would likely go when he started his tackle). Not complaining like, a good bit of clever steel/nastiness in midfield is good.

Funny you should mention Parker, that was exactly what me and a mate were discussing after the match. He really was getting away with no end, I think maybe because he doesn't 'look' the type of player, I don't know. Essentially though a draw would probably have been about right for the outcome, Spurs will be truly shagged though if they ever lose Bale, he carries that team's deficiencies no end and I'd say they're probably a top eight side without him.

Got to laugh at some of the coverage Bale is getting:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2276594/Tottenhams-Gareth-Bale-tough-defend.html#axzz2Ka1cSi86

Is he doing anymore than Bellamy did for us on one or two occasions?...i.e. drag the whole team through when we were having an iffy spell? The season we finished 3rd under Sir Bob springs to mind. Am not trying to compare them as players, but if you compare their contributions then Bellamy had much the same effect as Bale is having now i.e propelling a competant premier league side into potentailly the champions league.

I agree - the Bale wankfest is getting a little bit silly. An admittedly brilliant free kick, with an unbelievable amount of top spin on it, was followed by a largely stagnant game. Only the combination of Taylor and Coloccini messing up a bouncing ball allowed him a run through on goal. The chances after that were more down to our chasing of a late equaliser than any real individual brilliance.

I'm not denying he was good, mind, I just think some of the press he's getting is a little bit over the top.

Ben Arfa's technical ability is a level above Bale's though.

Bale's game is all about a combination of being able to run at players with his blistering speed, strength and power.

bale is a class act. technically not in the same league as ronaldo and messi but a nightmare to play against. he just seemed to run through our defence at times on saturday and once he gets in behind you've no chance of catching him. almost always seems to hit the target too.

wouldn't look out of place playing for real madrid

Yes, Ben Arfa doesnt really use pace does he? Its pure dribbling, drop of the shoulder, a feint here and there, dont even know how to describe it really. Most enjoyable player to watch in a long time.

That style of play of Bales' is probably why he is compared to Ronaldo, its much the same with him. Doesnt mean he's anywhere near as good as him though.

Edited by aimaad22

There is a lot of hyperbole about Bale but I think some of you are swinging a bit far the other way. Clearly a lot of his effectiveness is due to his physical attributes but he does have a great touch and can certainly keep the ball at his feet when running at pace. He's not just about knocking it past a player and legging it.

Btw have been on nights over the weekend so not seen the goals but I can easily picture Coloccini failing to deal with a bouncing ball against Bale. Certainly wouldn't be the first time.